Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I don't disagree with that at all.

Just pointing out, that in recent times (5-10 years), Islamic terrorism is far more prevalent than any other form of terrorism. To deliberately deflect that, is being an apologist.

Now back to your point. It is very relevant and provides the main reason for the rise in Islamic terrorism. Our illegal war in Iraq didn't help. The handling of Libya was nothing short of disgraceful. As it happens, parliament voted down air strikes in Syria, so maybe we've learnt our lesson.

I for one, initially thought that the Arab spring was a good thing. Bringing freedom to the people of the middle east. What a cluster **** that tuned out to be.

One solution would be to stop sucking up to the Saudis. Maybe our waning reliance on oil will lead to less interference. We will all be driving electric cars within 10 years.

I agree with all that, the Saudis are the source of the problem.

It's just sad that fear over refugees has probably lead to Brexit, which is something that would probably please ISIS.

I flew back New York last week. When I got to my row an orthodox Jew was sitting in the aisle seat and his wife in the middle, mine was the window. He was fat and would have been more comfortable in the aisle but made his wife swap seats so she wouldnt have to sit next to a man. There were muslims in the row in front, the wife was sat in the middle next to a white guy.

That proves nothing except some bloke didn't want his Mrs sat next to you. Maybe it says more about you than anything?

I agree with all that, the Saudis are the source of the problem.

It's just sad that fear over refugees has probably lead to Brexit, which is something that would probably please ISIS.

Why would it please isis?

It does make me chuckle when people still attempt the whole 'if we take any kind of steps or security measure to guard against terrorism, that's what the terrorists want!'

No they don't. What the terrorists want is for their religion to be treated with passive deference and given undue respect and credit.

What the terrorists really don't want is for Western countries to fearlessly mock and pillory the nonsensical claims of invisible men in the sky, winged horses and miraculous codswallop that is at the heart of the Qu'ran and their religion, whilst both defending their right to do so with strong security measures and backing up their right to do so with unrestricted science and a culture of free speech.

That proves nothing except some bloke didn't want his Mrs sat next to you. Maybe it says more about you than anything?

There is a famous Abraham Lincoln quote which could have been made for this post.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/groups-of-ultra-orthodox-jewish-men-keep-delaying-flights-by-refusing-to-sit-next-to-women-9949866.html

Edited by buctootim

I see you googled "famous abraham lincoln quotes"

What are dribbling on about Abraham Lincoln for? Even if your little make believe story is true it doesn't mean anything, the guy probably thought you were some sort of nonce and didn't want his other half sat next to someone so creepy looking. Anyway I don't see what the behaviour of ultra Orthodox Jews has got to do with anything, it doesn't make the intolerance of some muslim cultures any less wrong.

Islam is not inherently violent but there is something about it which makes some people commit the mass slaughter of random innocent people. Religion has caused many many wars and much devision throughout history but in today's world Islam appears to be unique in that respect.

Meanwhile, it turns out the latest Muslim mass murderer was under surveillance by the country that let someone with known links to extremists into "our" European Union.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38399561

Yet at the same time, the EU are making it harder for our relatively successful security services, by taking away some of their powers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38390150

At least soon we won't have to listen to the EU courts.

The chap (who somehow left his wallet under the drivers seat of the lorry) has been shot dead - in Milan

how did he waltz across the border so easily? bit dangerous that

Same way the IRA used to waltz across the NI border. Are you suggesting every country should have a Berlin wall around its borders with a shoot to kill policy? Could be tricky building it up Mont Blanc / Monte Bianco dont you think?

Reality is that you can have the immigration system Britain has - strong border controls and almost no ID checks on people when they get here. Or easier movement across borders but be subject to regular ID checks once in country. It was the Schengen approach which caught him. Its highly unlikely he would have been stopped for a routine ID check in Britian .

how about deporting him back to Tunisia?

He left before he was deported. I can imagine your bleating on here if people who wanted to leave the country at their own cost upon release from prison were instead held here for months whilst deportation was arranged and eventually flown home at the taxpayers cost.

Edited by buctootim

To those that think stopping immigration will solve the Islamic terrorist problem you are either naïve, simple or easily taken in by right wing semi fascist propaganda. As has been repeatedly pointed out the majority of terrorist atrocities in the west are undertaken by Western European citizens. The tired default of blaming left wing apologists and soft lily livered liberals for not addressing terrorism is pathetic. No religion, ideology or political movement has the exclusive rights to terrorism. For 30 years the UK suffered from Christian terrorism (over 3,500 deaths), the terrorist Anders Brevik and Jo Cox’s murderer were neo-Nazi white supremacists, indeed Islamic fundamentalism is not the main driver of terrorism in Western countries: 80% of attacks in the last 10 years were by political extremists, nationalists, racial and other religious supremacists. Today the odious Nigel Farage has laid into Jo Cox’s husband for supporting ‘Hope not Hate’ with Farage claiming it as an extremist organisation, he really has lost the plot. It is people like Farage and his political bedfellows who do far more to create the intolerance, tension, suspicion and fear that more than anything creates the conditions that divides us and drives a miniscule minority to execute abhorrent acts in the name of extremism in all its forms.

People are 'taken in by right wing propaganda' for thinking we should be cautious about having an open door to Africa and the middle east whilst we have our own home grown problems already? By all means, you're entitled to think allowing over 1.3 million into Germany from a completely different culture within the space of 2 years won't have an affect on social tension or terrorist threats, but saying anyone who disagrees is taken in by propaganda sort of gives away how tunnel visioned and deluded you are. Maybe if you worked in counter-terrorism as well, you would change your complacency towards the level of threats we're facing and get foiled on a regular basis.

The left have played a role because they've promoted the doctrine of multiculturalism whereby social integration and national cohesion doesn't matter. Now go to any country in western Europe and we're reaping the consequences in the form of ghettoisation, social tension and Islamist extremism. And they promoted this (Blair etc) whilst demonising anyone who had a different view and pointed out what problems we were storing up.

The same people who mocked and shouted 'WACIST' at the likes of Farage for raising concerns about this threat 2 years ago during the start of the crisis, are now the same ones saying 'oh how dare you politicise this', he's merely repeating what he's said all along. As for Hope not hate, he shouldn't have risen to the bait that Brenden Cox put out, but Farage has been on the back of Hope not hate harassment and intimidation for years so you can forgive the guy's disdain for them.

People are 'taken in by right wing propaganda' for thinking we should be cautious about having an open door to Africa and the middle east whilst we have our own home grown problems already? By all means, you're entitled to think allowing over 1.3 million into Germany from a completely different culture within the space of 2 years won't have an affect on social tension or terrorist threats, but saying anyone who disagrees is taken in by propaganda sort of gives away how tunnel visioned and deluded you are. Maybe if you worked in counter-terrorism as well, you would change your complacency towards the level of threats we're facing and get foiled on a regular basis.

The left have played a role because they've promoted the doctrine of multiculturalism whereby social integration and national cohesion doesn't matter. Now go to any country in western Europe and we're reaping the consequences in the form of ghettoisation, social tension and Islamist extremism. And they promoted this (Blair etc) whilst demonising anyone who had a different view and pointed out what problems we were storing up.

The same people who mocked and shouted 'WACIST' at the likes of Farage for raising concerns about this threat 2 years ago during the start of the crisis, are now the same ones saying 'oh how dare you politicise this', he's merely repeating what he's said all along. As for Hope not hate, he shouldn't have risen to the bait that Brenden Cox put out, but Farage has been on the back of Hope not hate harassment and intimidation for years so you can forgive the guy's disdain for them.

We've took in a million Polish in recent years. I wouldn't say they've caused significant social unrest. Likewise Ive never had harm done to me by women in burkas or other Muslims.

We've took in a million Polish in recent years. I wouldn't say they've caused significant social unrest. Likewise Ive never had harm done to me by women in burkas or other Muslims.

And gives you a greater excuse to still keep your benefits? After all getting up for a job sounds like hard work

I'm fairly left leaning on immigration and even I am giving up, there's a new story every week and it is shocking.

Point is you shouldn't be pigeonholed for having thoughts. Part of problem is that if 'left leaning' you are expected to never criticise Islam.

I consider myself very much left leaning yet also I have huge worries about our western tolerant society embracing Islam and it's beliefs. That does not mean I have issues or intolerance toward Muslims or refugees as some are keen to imply.

Oh you've never been harmed yourself? We have no need to worry then clearly.

The fact that you think it's a like-for-like comparison people coming from Poland and people coming from Islamic countries with vastly different cultures and many from war zones where Jihadism is rampant is bizarre to say the least.

after someone dressed as Santa murdering 30-odd people last night

another loon has opened unleashed gunshots in a mosque

They haven't found him yet so can't conclusively say it it wasn't Santa. Would be out of character though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems that Donald Trump can see into the future!! last night there was actually some unrest - 10 burnt out cars/minor injuries (source: https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/article162280025/So-reagieren-die-Amerikaner-auf-Unruhen-in-Schweden.html) in a largely migrant area of Stockholm in Sweden. I doubt whether the BBC or the Swedish embassy will comment.

It seems that Donald Trump can see into the future!! last night there was actually some unrest - 10 burnt out cars/minor injuries (source: https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/article162280025/So-reagieren-die-Amerikaner-auf-Unruhen-in-Schweden.html) in a largely migrant area of Stockholm in Sweden. I doubt whether the BBC or the Swedish embassy will comment.

Why were they interviewing Jurgen Klopp?

• 3 weeks later...

Not really news anymore to what goes on in germany etc

just a normal day now, a migrant trying to murder people in the street

Basically. In Germany, if you survive being murdered on the train, could risk it by doing some shopping in town

Edited by Batman