Man City vs Saints, build up

SuperSAINT

I'm not looking forward to this match at all. It will be more of the same, with Koeman playing his usual gang of favorites and failing to be adventurous one little bit. Past managers when playing a game like this with the odds against us have experimented knowing it stood a better chance of getting a surprise result.

Rather than playing Long as the direct replacement of Pelle, why can't give Ryan Seagar a game, or play the likes of Van Dijk in attack. We've little to lose and everything to gain. I'd rather something like this than watch the recent dross with Long achieving nothing at all.

I'm not looking forward to this match at all. It will be more of the same, with Koeman playing his usual gang of favorites and failing to be adventurous one little bit. Past managers when playing a game like this with the odds against us have experimented knowing it stood a better chance of getting a surprise result.

Rather than playing Long as the direct replacement of Pelle, why can't give Ryan Seagar a game, or play the likes of Van Dijk in attack. We've little to lose and everything to gain. I'd rather something like this than watch the recent dross with Long achieving nothing at all.

Maybe we can play Fonte in midfield and Mane at left back.

:lol:.....this was a joke post right?

March Hare.

Past managers when playing a game like this with the odds against us have experimented knowing it stood a better chance of getting a surprise result.

Can you provide some examples where a) past managers have actually done this and b) it has worked?

Other than Ron changing our formation and style with Pelle out at Chelsea last year that is.

An alternative view. Not one I agree with but certainly alternative.

With "honest subtitles" in brackets

I'm not looking forward to this match at all (I support a different team). It will be more of the same (90 mins, 11 men a side - round ball, goal posts etc), with Koeman playing his usual gang of favourites (best players) and failing to be adventurous one little bit. Past (failed) managers (like Wotte) when playing a game like this with the odds against us have experimented knowing it stood a better (no) chance of getting a surprise result (unlike we did against Chelsea or Liverpool).

Not too fussed, would rather give a few youngsters a go and keep others fresh for Wednesday. Obviously we should try to get something but I look at it as an opportunity to try a few things.

I would maybe pick:

------------------------------------------------Stek--------------------------------------------

Martina------------------Van Dijk----------------------Yoshida-------------------------Targett

-------------------------------Romeu---------------Clasie--------------------------------------

-McQueen-------------------------------Juanmi-----------------------------------Hesketh--

------------------------------------------Long--------------------------------------------------

Bench: Gazza, Cedric, Caulker, Davis, Mane, Seager, JWP

Not too fussed, would rather give a few youngsters a go and keep others fresh for Wednesday. Obviously we should try to get something but I look at it as an opportunity to try a few things.

I would maybe pick:

------------------------------------------------Stek--------------------------------------------

Martina------------------Van Dijk----------------------Yoshida-------------------------Targett

-------------------------------Romeu---------------Clasie--------------------------------------

-McQueen-------------------------------Juanmi-----------------------------------Hesketh--

------------------------------------------Long--------------------------------------------------

Bench: Gazza, Cedric, Caulker, Davis, Mane, Seager, JWP

But we'll not be doing that because the result would be a total humiliation and that is unacceptable. We'll play more or less the first XI.

We might even get accused of throwing a match with a team such as that..

Edited by Window Cleaner

I just hope we come out of the game with no injuries and suspension that would impact on weds

Liverpool are playing more games than us just now, it is they who should be worried not us.

Then again they're probably a better side with their new manager.

Edited by Window Cleaner

It starts well

Personally I think we have a good chance. Pelle is suspended for the visitors and they've lost their last few games to Stoke and others

and there was me thinking we'd just come of an unbeaten run :?

So, which of this or Liverpool will Yoshida come in for? He will almost certainly start in one those games IMO.

This one I reckon. Away from home we need to keep it tight and with no Pelle playing Cedric's crossing ability won't be worth much. I can see us playing like Ireland vs Germany defend like hell and hope a long ball falls kindly for Shane Long to put away on the break.