Man City vs Saints, build up

SuperSAINT

Too early for a build-up thread?

I had a look at physioroom.com and they seem to indicate Bony, Silva AND Kompany should be back for the weekend :(

Man City playing Juventus on Wednesday evening too.

will be interesting to see their reaction to this game after their appauling show against Liverpool who ...(tbf) ...looked very good.

I know that even with Pelle, and playing at our best....we'd do well to get anything out of this game.

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel

Man City PL goals conceded this season with Kompany on pitch (720 mins): 1.

Man City PL goals conceded, Kompany NOT on pitch (405 mins): 11.

^ This was posted at some point during the City/Liverpool game yesterday, so the number conceded with Kompany NOT on the pitch might be even worse.

Even though already qualified we couldn't hope for better game before in Juventus away. Winning group should be important to them as well.

Weird side as when bad you really wonder about them and then they can look like far and away best side in league. I don't think Kompany is such a difference either as him and Mangala can often have bad games although stats above don't bear that out.

I'm always optimistic

Doesn't really matter if you're just going to lose at home to Stoke! We're too erratic. Could surprise them but over the course of the season it isn't going to make much different. No Pelle will make it very difficult too.

We will have one or three points more over the course of the season if we get a result. Of course it matters!

We'll be competitive in this game, as we always are away at the big clubs, but without Pelle we'll struggle. At least we have a week to work things out, rather than him dropping out from a last-minute injury. I suppose it will be Long up top with Mane playing closer behind him.

Bony won't partner Aguero. They will play 4-2-3-1.

Tough ask especially with no Pelle to hold the ball up, but their defence is getable as Liverpool showed.

Mane for Pelle the only change I would make as otherwise its clearly our strongest lineup and isnt a game for powderpuff JWP.

So you'd start Long in spite of his combining "better with the other team than his teammates"? Makes sense.

So you'd start Long in spite of his combining "better with the other team than his teammates"? Makes sense.

With Pelle and Jay out then yes. There isn't anyone else. I would just tell him to hassle their defenders as they can be shaky. But I never trust him to take a chance or control the ball first time.

Be very tempted to play 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Also very tempted to drop Tadic. His crossing & decision making yesterday was terrible. Unsure abut Wanyama too. Thought he strolled around yesterday &his passing was rubbish.

If there was an alternative to Long I would use them too, but there isn't.

Stek

Yoshida, Fonte, VVD

Cedric, Ryan

Davis, Romeo, Clasie

Mane, Long

Davis, Caulker, JWP, Wanyama, Tadic, Hesketh, Seager

Might also make Wanyama & Tadic improve for Scousers.

Tadic the only one (Mane aside) who is creative. Its not always going to work. If you want 95% pass completion then play JWP, but you need to allow a certain amount of risk to get the reward of creating chances in the PL.

You don't need 5 at the back versus City. Its the attacking midfielders that you need to neutralise.

Really dunno what to think of this game. If Kompany is not playing then maybe we have a slim chance. We certainly seem to be better at the defend/counter line up which could almost suit with Pelle out. City are nothing too special so have a weird feeling we'll come away with something. But as mentioned if there big guns are fit again then it'll be difficult.

1-1.

Difficult game, Pelle is no big loss as he is invisible for big away games anyway. Pack the midfield with Mane as the frontman. Think it will be a routine 2-0 City win, far more concerned with the Liverpool game.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Invisible at the bridge....OK then:mcinnes:

Invisible at the bridge....OK then:mcinnes:

One game out of how many? I am still a massive fan of Pelle, it's as much the fact he gets isolated and poor service. Will be interesting to see how Koeman sets us up, might even be worth resting a few and giving the likes of Yoshida and JWP a start.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just maybe the perfect game for Pelle to be out - Liverpool did not have a front man, and with a quick mobile "front line", they tore City apart. Sure it will be difficult to pull it off twice in a row (EPL), but if we have a front three of Mane (central), Long (sure he was poor Sat, but more likely due to lack of match fitness than anything else, and as others have said what other options do we have?) and Juanmi (yes I know he hasn't done it so far, but what's to lose - most people think we will get tonked anyway!), and Tadic just behind, slightly in front of Vic and JC, we might have a hope?

Above all we need to be sharper and have more desire than we have shown lately - where has the pressing gone???

Agree that this might actually be a good game for Pelle to be out for, as he's been a regular for Italy as well a break will do him good and I think we could do with a change of tactics for this game. I expect a 2-0 defeat but you never know. Our away record this season is excellent unbeaten in the league and City have to play a tricky tie away to Juve before us.

Pelle is an idiot for getting booked at the weekend!

Can see your point, but on the other hand he misses a game we would be lucky to get a result from anyway, and he'd had 86 minutes of being kicked to **** by Stoke thugs with no protection from that bald **** of a referee so I can understand his frustration.

For me, Mane and Long in a 3-5-2 works - hope they are spending the week learning to pass it along the ground as opposed to crosses from the right constantly, and I hope Tadic is being taught to stop moaning at his teammates and to take a ****ing corner

Mmm :rolleyes: Window Cleaner...... that's the type of comment that belongs on the " Juanmi unsettled ? "... thread on here.

Why so exactly, the lad is a nippy forward (apparently). Now it would seem to me that Liverpool destroyed them with exactly that, well 3 of them in harness anyway. So we throw Juanmi, Mané and Tadic at them after all what else have we got.

NB I've not bothered with that thread, didn't see any point in it.