I sorry I ruined the party

Maggie May

I absolutely hated that night, apart from the Derby morons and their baiting pitch invasion rather than actually celebrating, and the ridiculous rain which had me waiting under the back of the grandstand for about an hour afterwards before it was even worth trying to get back to the car, if it hadn't been for the Liebherrs we'd still be looking at it in the same way we did in 2007/8 and 2008/9, which was that it was an absolute disaster for the club.

I absolutely hated that night, apart from the Derby morons and their baiting pitch invasion rather than actually celebrating, and the ridiculous rain which had me waiting under the back of the grandstand for about an hour afterwards before it was even worth trying to get back to the car, if it hadn't been for the Liebherrs we'd still be looking at it in the same way we did in 2007/8 and 2008/9, which was that it was an absolute disaster for the club.

You were lucky! I had to get back to the coach and got completely soaked. A thoroughly miserable night.

You were lucky! I had to get back to the coach and got completely soaked. A thoroughly miserable night.

I actually ended up having a curry in the centre of Derby until half 2 in the morning, then driving to Coventry to the hotel my then-girlfriend had booked through her work, which also had the side-effect of meaning I probably got about 5 hours' sleep before driving to work in Eastleigh. :o

I actually ended up having a curry in the centre of Derby until half 2 in the morning, then driving to Coventry to the hotel my then-girlfriend had booked through her work, which also had the side-effect of meaning I probably got about 5 hours' sleep before driving to work in Eastleigh. :o

Pfft, you think that's bad - watched it in an Irish bar in Sydney with a mate when we were on a working visa out there... meant I went straight from there, absolutely fuming and fuelled by 5am beers, to an office where none of the Aussies had a clue what had made me so angry, which just made me even angrier. Never realised until then how much you can sleep off the worst of a defeat like that. Being the big man that I am I wrote such an expletive-filled status against the town of Derby on facebook (still in its relative infancy) that when I looked back later they'd simply changed it to 'null' :uhoh:

All that said, as others have hinted above, the memory of jumping about like a loon in said bar when Rasiak took it to extra-time will live long in the memory :D

(Less so Leon Best constantly being offside...)

At least you got something out of the evening :(