Liverpool Build Up

Saint Charlie

If fit play your best XI otherwise don't say you are taking the cups seriously.

Best XI if fit, is undeniably:

--------------------Stek-----------------

Cedric----VVD----Fonte---Bertrand

----------Wanyama-----Clasie--------

-----------------------Davis-----------------

Tadic-------------------------------Mane

-----------------------Pelle-----------------

If no Fonte then Caulker. If no Cedric then panic.

Will be very tough. I knew they'd be much stronger than they were when the draw was made & they've smashed both Chelsea & City away.

Their pressing will cause us problems - The saving grace for us might be the number of games they've had lately, but we shall see.

Ron has said Fonte should be OK.

Weird we go into meltdown same time as we did last year...Coincidence?

Eh? We've had one bad result (Stoke) then an understandable defeat at City. Before that it was three wins on the bounce. Perhaps say that if we lose on Wednesday, and again at the weekend.

If fit play your best XI otherwise don't say you are taking the cups seriously.

Best XI if fit, is undeniably:

--------------------Stek-----------------

Cedric----VVD----Fonte---Bertrand

----------Wanyama-----Clasie--------

-----------------------Davis-----------------

Tadic-------------------------------Mane

-----------------------Pelle-----------------

If no Fonte then Caulker. If no Cedric then panic.

How can you possibly include Wanyama in the line up after todays horror show. I wouldn't even have him on the bench. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, would be a better choice than Wanyama right now

Stekelenburg

Cedric-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

Wanyama-Clasie

Davis-Mane-Tadic

Pelle

This just 100% has to be team for Wednesday- if not, I'll seriously doubt Koeman's opinion on winning this cup.

I'm confident this is what we need, a mid-week game under the lights, cup atmosphere to come off our two game slump. A win would be mightily important for confidence- and then just to think: 2 games off Wembley!

Wanyama appeared awful but maybe that's because he was constantly having to fill in for an utterly useless Romeu and JWP while also trying to get Yoshida out of the **** countless times.

I think this is the context for Vic's dip in performance, not a lack of motivation but a flimsy set of midfielder around him, especially with Clasie absent.

Klopp will pick a strong side because:

1. He isn't a tool and knows they have a great chance to win a Cup with several top sides knocked out and a City team they just humiliated the only good opponent if they beat us.

2. They have a lot of players approaching fitness like Henderson, Benteke etc who need games

3. Saints are on a run of poor immediate form and the crowd will turn if we don't start well.

4. Its a great chance of a trophy in his first 6 months in charge which will buy him time.

Fully expect a strong and motivated Liverpool team.

It was an awful draw considering (City aside) the others available.

1. He isn't a tool and knows they have a great chance to win a Cup with several top sides knocked out and a City team they just humiliated the only good opponent if they beat us.

2. They have a lot of players approaching fitness like Henderson, Benteke etc who need games

3. Saints are on a run of poor immediate form and the crowd will turn if we don't start well.

4. Its a great chance of a trophy in his first 6 months in charge which will buy him time.

Did you just feel the need to have a 4th point as seems same as point 1.

Far easy to read than long rambling posts.

Bookies have us a favourites to win this - odd but Liverpool have also been average at times since Klopp. Interesting to see how get on today against Swansea -the Palace performance or City performance?

Klopp has got them playing properly, they will rip us a new one. 3-0 them is my betting.

Didn't they both play last year down here when they tore us a new one.

Is am driving down as no trains back so I hope we put in a shift for this one

as I don't want to be listening to the dippers singing we are Liverpool in my ears all game.

Massively over negative post that one. I don't think we will win but Jesus.

Klopp has got them playing properly, they will rip us a new one. 3-0 them is my betting.

Hope you're not bothering to go with that attitude. Put your money where your mouth is and wack a load of cash on Liverpool -1 handicap the odds look good for it at the moment.

It will undoubtedly be a tough game and I can see it going to extra time / pens, hopefully the fact that they have played so many games recently will help us if it does.

The crowd have got to be up for this and show how much we want it, this is our first home league cup 1/4 final since 1997, kids should be dreaming of what could be, trips to Wembley , potentially potential silverware. Let's really go for it and for once have a great atmosphere at St Marys like we used to have for cup nights at the Dell.

I think Koeman will play our strongest team and we'll sneak it.

Massively over negative post that one. I don't think we will win but Jesus.

Its a post about Liverpool so not sure how it can be positive or negative. Its nothing about the result either, just their team selection.

The League Cup is a great way to win a trophy in his first season so he will pick his best team. Only City are better than Liverpool from who is left in it and they just smashed them.

Really looking forward to this. Has the potential to be a special atmosphere under the lights, and we haven't really had to many of those in the cup at St Mary's. I couldn't care less about the season if we make Wembley and win it, which isn't beyond all realms of possibility.

They can be very good or very sh1t just like us so there's nothing to fear.

Set pieces troubled them every time at Anfield so get JWP in.

Stek

Cedric (please god never anyone else) Caulker VVD Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie

Mane JWP Tadic

Pelle

Ward prowse is useless. Madness.

They can be very good or very sh1t just like us so there's nothing to fear.

Set pieces troubled them every time at Anfield so get JWP in.

Stek

Cedric (please god never anyone else) Caulker VVD Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie

Mane JWP Tadic

Pelle

Replacing Davis with JWP based on his fabled set piece expertise (which he demonstrated yet again yesterday is a total myth). Madness, but there its your opinion.

Equally no need for Caulker, Jose will be fit.

No Coutinho although he was training at the end of the week. Lucas suspended so he will be fresh to come back in.

Henderson and Sturridge on the bench and both will need games so could come into contention for Weds.

Clyne and Can both on 4 yellows so a booking today would see them suspended for Weds.

Just watching Liverpool now

They like nearly all of their players to over-lap the man with the ball.

They also like to press the defence (who have the ball) hard. We should be alright with that as we are a fairly direct side anyway

I think we will find space out wide as both of their full backs get well forward

My Team

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

VvD

Bertrand

Vic

Clasie

Davis

Tadic

Mane

Pelle

Davis slightly right sided with mane playing off of pelle, looking to break/attack either flank

Edited by Batman