U21s at Norwich (Carrow Road) tonight?

dronskisaint

Well that was just embarrassing!

On that evidence Seager was the only one who came out with any credit....for defenders read spectators, not often I'm unable to find some hopeful or creditable things to say about a Saints team but I'd dock their wages and get them in at 6am for extra training...I can forgive individual errors but the pathetic surrender and abregation of responsibility is hard to take - there were no leaders, no fighters - if Norwich wanted the ball they just took it, if they shot then Isted watched it go by him.

So, no, we haven't got anyone ready for first team football aside from Seager..I've watched Hesketh, Gape and Reed in the past and thought them worth a go but not after this. They should hang their heads in shame for the surrender...lack of fight for the shirt is unforgiveable!

The rot begins at the top and over the past couple of weeks the results are falling apart right down the line. Koeman seems to have lost all authority and belief all the way thru the club.. When the youngsters are held back it's only right they lose heart and hope of progressing. Someone yesterday said it's better for the youngsters to go out on loan than to waste their time playing in the Under 21 Reserve teams.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_u21s_7_southampton_u21s_2_1_4331473

Seager scored twice. Really pushing for a firsts team spot.

I'm fairly sure my 6 year old niece could have scored the one the keeper basically miscontrolled and passed to him in the box. He's not getting a look in for the first team unless Pelle and Long also get injured, and even then we'd probably play Mane up top first.

The rot begins at the top and over the past couple of weeks the results are falling apart right down the line. Koeman seems to have lost all authority and belief all the way thru the club.. When the youngsters are held back it's only right they lose heart and hope of progressing. Someone yesterday said it's better for the youngsters to go out on loan than to waste their time playing in the Under 21 Reserve teams.

My God you post some crap.

They lost to Norwich because they're playing a match in between two first team games in which some of the regular U21s might feature, and none of the first team will be playing. They also hadn't played a match for a month.

Harry Isted, Richard Bakary, Ollie Cook, Will Wood, Josh Debayo, Dominic Gape, Harrison Reed, Armani Little, Jake Hesketh (Tyreke Johnson 76), Josh Sims (Yan Valery 76), Ryan Seager.

Unused substitutes: Harry Lewis (GK), Stuart Wilkin, Alfie Jones.

We've sent more players out on loan than we have ever done before in the Premier League, and as a result this is a team full of kids without anyone to guide them with experience. Norwich had Russell Martin and Kyle Lafferty playing. It appears you both want us to send players on loan "so they don't lose heart" and for the remaining ones we decide aren't worth sending out on loan to win lots of matches too.

I'm fairly sure my 6 year old niece could have scored the one the keeper basically miscontrolled and passed to him in the box. He's not getting a look in for the first team unless Pelle and Long also get injured, and even then we'd probably play Mane up top first.

Unfortunately our defence and goalkeeper saw fit to copy it a little later...I can forgive poor but not just giving up!

I'm puzzled as to why Harry Reed playing in front of 20 people in this pony league when he should be out on loan playing competitive football (with a recall clause incase of injuries to the first team)

I don't think a defensively-minded midfielder in a side that just conceded 7 should be thinking he's getting in anyone's team at the moment. Also, fairly sure loans to FL clubs aren't possible until January now, the emergency loan window closed on November 25th.

2nd time in just over 2 weeks one of our academy teams has shipped 7. art may post some rubbish but the decline in our famed academy that has been evident for a while to those who follow is really beginning to show now. We are falling a long way behind the best and there id precious little evidence that we will see any significant improvement soon. Needs a major shakeup in the coaching and management at this level.

I'm puzzled as to why Harry Reed playing in front of 20 people in this pony league when he should be out on loan playing competitive football (with a recall clause incase of injuries to the first team)

The reason the u21's are struggling is that the defensive platform are all on loan. Sending more players on loan will weaken the team further. That will slow the development of the remaining players who will not benefit from playing in a weaker/struggling team. We've avoided loans previously and I suspect we won't rush to loan out many other development players.

2nd time in just over 2 weeks one of our academy teams has shipped 7. art may post some rubbish but the decline in our famed academy that has been evident for a while to those who follow is really beginning to show now. We are falling a long way behind the best and there id precious little evidence that we will see any significant improvement soon. Needs a major shakeup in the coaching and management at this level.

Yet still you continue to whinge that players from the youth team aren't being picked in the first team which is top half of the premier league. It's almost as if they aren't good enough for it is it.

The reason the u21's are struggling is that the defensive platform are all on loan. Sending more players on loan will weaken the team further. That will slow the development of the remaining players who will not benefit from playing in a weaker/struggling team. We've avoided loans previously and I suspect we won't rush to loan out many other development players.

So why didn't they struggle last season, 2 of the 3 same players were on loan then as well. Are you trying to say its all down to McCarthy? Sorry but thats rubbish. Its down to the players progressing not being good enough and our coaching not being good enough either.

So why didn't they struggle last season, 2 of the 3 same players were on loan then as well. Are you trying to say its all down to McCarthy? Sorry but thats rubbish. Its down to the players progressing not being good enough and our coaching not being good enough either.

I'm confused. You agree that the team is weaker this year, but you don't think that sending our better development players on loan is a factor? Do you agree that loaning other players out will make it worse? Do you agree that weakening the development squad hinders the development of the remaining players?

I agree with you that the talent pool is worse now. The club know that. I posted on here last year that those within the club feel that we had a lack of talent in the 16-18 year old category. Whether it's a scouting issue I don't know but I doubt it's coaching. Nobody will convince me that Jason Dodd and Paul Williams are any better than we have now.

I'm confused. You agree that the team is weaker this year, but you don't think that sending our better development players on loan is a factor? Do you agree that loaning other players out will make it worse? Do you agree that weakening the development squad hinders the development of the remaining players?

I agree with you that the talent pool is worse now. The club know that. I posted on here last year that those within the club feel that we had a lack of talent in the 16-18 year old category. Whether it's a scouting issue I don't know but I doubt it's coaching. Nobody will convince me that Jason Dodd and Paul Williams are any better than we have now.

The current 16's / 18's were kids scouted and attained during the years we plummeted from the Premier League down to League 1. Supplementary players - certainly at the U18 level the last few years - have come from other Academies (many were rejects from Arsenal / Chelsea rather than being talents who chose us over them). The overall quality is not as good as it has been. A few aside it will be a lean few years from the Academy.

However, in the post-takeover era things have picked up and I told the current 14/15 year olds who came to us 6 years ago are decent as long as their development continues as it has.

We just have to accept that the next few years won't be as good.

The current 16's / 18's were kids scouted and attained during the years we plummeted from the Premier League down to League 1. Supplementary players - certainly at the U18 level the last few years - have come from other Academies (many were rejects from Arsenal / Chelsea rather than being talents who chose us over them). The overall quality is not as good as it has been. A few aside it will be a lean few years from the Academy.

However, in the post-takeover era things have picked up and I told the current 14/15 year olds who came to us 6 years ago are decent as long as their development continues as it has.

We just have to accept that the next few years won't be as good.

A bit awkward if flogging an U21 is key to our sustainability. Maybe that's why Reed's getting "held back", so we can flog him the year after Ward-Prowse to fill the "Champ/L1 recruitment gap". :D