January Hcdajfu time?

simo

More Prem strikers on the move?

SWANSEA EYE GAYLE

Swansea are leading the fight to land striker Dwight Gayle from Premier League rivals Crystal Palace, according to Sky sources. The deal is expected to prompt the departure of former Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis from the Liberty Stadium.

Palace broke their club record when they brought Gayle to Selhurst Park from Peterborough for £6m in July 2013.

But Palace are unlikely to allow the 26-year-old leave on the cheap if he decides to move on in the January transfer window.

What's happened with him? I thought he had a fairly decent season last season but has had a bit part this season.

hmm i dread to think the response on here if we signed that waster.

if he was on loan for the rest of the season and we never missed out on Austin, yeah he would have been decent

but had Austin gone to palace for £4m and we sign adabeyor in any capacity....horrendous

More Prem strikers on the move?

SWANSEA EYE GAYLE

Swansea are leading the fight to land striker Gayle from Premier League rivals Crystal Palace, according to Sky sources. The deal is expected to prompt the departure of former Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis from the Liberty Stadium.

What's happened with him? I thought he had a fairly decent season last season but has had a bit part this season.

He was great in the Big Bash, but they had better not let Jacquie Oatley or Bianca Westwood interview him.

I'd rather have Ziyech too, trust me :)

I just had a look at a couple of YouTube vids and he does look quite tidy - two footed but prefers his left - can spot a pass both short and long, has a good shot on him and knows where the goal is (not many cliches there then). My only concern was he standard of some of the defenders he was up against. Overall thought he looked good.

I just had a look at a couple of YouTube vids and he does look quite tidy - two footed but prefers his left - can spot a pass both short and long, has a good shot on him and knows where the goal is (not many cliches there then). My only concern was he standard of some of the defenders he was up against. Overall thought he looked good.

Yeah, he looks very good. Truth be told, we have the best coaching team when it comes to rating a player from that league, so if we think he can do a job I'm sure we will be interested.

This is what I don't understand he looked a real prospect last season but has hardly played this year even when Palace can't seem to buy a goal, similar to the Reed situation here there must be something more going on!

A rumoured old target of ours...

EDER LATEST

Our Sky colleagues in Italy say the representatives of Sampdoria striker Eder flew to England yesterday to listen to Leicester's proposal of a three-year contract.

It seems the player would prefer to stay in Italy to get more of a chance to be in Italy's Euro squad.

Inter are favourites to sign the Italy international.

Surely spurs not giving him 25k a week? They released him didnt they?

I saw a few reports yesterday saying that Levy would be happy about the Palace deal as Spurs have still been paying him 100k a week.

Guessing he's technically under contract with them, but they told him not to come into training and that he'd be available on a free.

Strange.

Palace are paying Adebayor a bloody fortune!! 75K a week with Spurs making up the extra 25k to keep him on a cool 100k a week. That's ****ing mental considering he's ****.

source? that's unbelievable.

why not use bamford or wickham if they're looking for extra goals?

Think this window is over for us now, already looking ahead to the Summer personally.

OUT:

Sadio Mane, Victor Wanyama, Graziano Pelle, Juanmi, Maarten Stekelenburg

Would leave the squad looking like...

GK:

Fraser Forster / NEW / Paulo Gazzaniga

LB:

Ryan Bertrand / Matt Targett

CB:

Jose Fonte / Florin Gardos

Virgil van Dijk / Maya Yoshida

RB:

Cedric Soares / Cuco Martina

CDM:

NEW / Oriol Romeu

Jordy Clasie / Harrison Reed

LW:

Jay Rodriguez / NEW

CAM:

NEW / James Ward-Prowse

RW:

Dusan Tadic / Steven Davis

ST:

Charlie Austin / Shane Long

That comes out as 4 signings that could end up being a necessity, however I wouldn't be surprised to see another CB and ST come in also. The Jay-Rod situation makes it hard to predict whether we'd need to sign a starting winger as well.

I wonder how Gardos will fare when he's back as well?

If 3 at the back is a way forward (not constantly, granted) then we need to replace yoshida with a left sided, fairly quick, decent CB

we will obviously need to bring in a keeper. At what level I dont know.

Obviously, replace Mane and Wanyama with actual quality (not another Juanmi) should they leave.

If 3 at the back is a way forward (not constantly, granted) then we need to replace yoshida with a left sided, fairly quick, decent CB

we will obviously need to bring in a keeper. At what level I dont know.

Obviously, replace Mane and Wanyama with actual quality (not another Juanmi) should they leave.

Bruno Martins Indi maybe? Left-footed, ex-Feyenoord & can play centre-back / left-back.

Think this window is over for us now, already looking ahead to the Summer personally.

OUT:

GK:

LB:

Ryan Bertrand / Matt Targett

CB:

Jose Fonte / Florin Gardos

Virgil van Dijk / Maya Yoshida

RB:

Cedric Soares / Cuco Martina

CDM:

NEW / Oriol Romeu

Jordy Clasie / Harrison Reed

LW:

Jay Rodriguez / NEW

CAM:

NEW / James Ward-Prowse

RW:

Dusan Tadic / Steven Davis

ST:

Charlie Austin / Shane Long

That comes out as 4 signings that could end up being a necessity, however I wouldn't be surprised to see another CB and ST come in also. The Jay-Rod situation makes it hard to predict whether we'd need to sign a starting winger as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team come in for vvd in the summer

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team come in for vvd in the summer

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Likewise Bertrand. Certainly both of them before Wanyama. Anyone buying Mane is going to have to be bloody sure about him as he will cost a fortune.

OUT:

GK:

I wonder if there is a chance that Stek's loan will be turned into a transfer? Very difficult to sign decent keepers to sit on the bench - which is what they will do if Forster is fit.

I wonder if there is a chance that Stek's loan will be turned into a transfer? Very difficult to sign decent keepers to sit on the bench - which is what they will do if Forster is fit.

I would keep Stekelenburg. In my opinion a backup goalie should be a guy with experience and who doesnt do crazy things or who makes big errors and he fits that bill perfectly, plus he's probably fine with being a backup.

I would keep Stekelenburg. In my opinion a backup goalie should be a guy with experience and who doesnt do crazy things or who makes big errors and he fits that bill perfectly, plus he's probably fine with being a backup.

I'd agree with all that. Not sure he's fine being back up, but given the right wage players seem to be able to overcome that issue.

Well he's 33, i dont see any club signing him as a number one anymore after the last 5/6 years he had. Well maybe a Dutch club would but he would have to take a giant wage cut and why clown around in Holland at that age when you can sit comfortable on the bench at Southampton?

Easy decision if you ask me.

we simply have to replace yoshida

Surely about the one thing we don't need to do is replace Yoshida. He is already the more than competent backup for the left sided CB, either in a 4 or a 3. We also have Gardos for the right side, once he is fit again. With Stephens and Turnbull coming through as well, the CB position with Bertrand showing he is well capable of playing on left of a 3 is the one area where additions and not only not needed but highly unlikely. Just so long as we get proper backup for Cedric, so that there is never ever a reason for Ronald to play Yoshida at RB again, we do not need to replace Yoshida. Besides how can you replace the irreplaceable?

Who we more than doubled our money on and who kicked off.

VVD has so far performed the the standard of a £12m signing. No CL level team will want to give us £25m for him.

You might be surprised then. If VVD keeps putting in performances like he has so far i dont doubt it for a second that Arsenal comes in sooner then people might think. VVD has been linked with Arsenal already a few times when he played at Celtic and according to rumors they even put in a last minute bid on him in the summer of 2014 after they sold Vermaelen to Barca and Celtic removed Virgil from the squad for a week because he wanted to go.

Virgil is still only 24 and there arent a lot of defenders that put in better performances as he does. And i dont know about you but i take him over Mertesacker any day. I hope he stays and i think players should always stay at least 2 years at a club but i expect its going to be just a matter of time.