2 more games

simo

Yep. Time for him to go I feel. Baffling tactics, strange substitutions(today for instance), a wasted summer of buying totally inept players and Koeman seems powerless to change or influence the slump we are on. Added to that his slagging off of the academy and his body language and demeanor in recent weeks, I feel that we need a change while its january and the new manager can bring in some quality.

Edited by DarrenLeTiss

Agree with the above i'm not being a melt! i'm being realistic this season has been a strange one I also can't understand Koemans tactical decisions... take Europe for example we had a opportunity to go on a nice run and we field dross... As for our transfers in? something needs to change no matter how you dress it up they are not good enough. Why are we still relying on Pelle? why wasn't another striker purchased?

To many players in the team who just don't want to play for our club! Wabyanam Mane get rid of both and get some players in with a bit of b*llocks and passion!

I dont think he is that keen on being here. Slating the yonger lads is very redknapp and his 'no rush' about signing a new deal is very pochettino.

He is obviously putting pressure on the board for new player(s). To be fair, it will be incredibly disappointing if we dont bring in a striker good enough to start almost immediately.

but is tactics at times (more often than not) have been odd. In fact, since about this time last year we have been on a decline.

against palace, away - we play 352. it stunk the place out..so what do we do, start with that again. Only to ditch it at HT

We were needing a goal today, so he brings on the one player who is totally abject at scoring - JWP

the chopping and changing must mean something is off...

we demolished arsenal playing a certain way. yet we have somewhat abandoned that since and the results show

losing 8 out of 10 is not mistake or just bad luck. We are crap in defence, HIS players (like clasie) are just not up to it. really not.

We have to get 4 points minimum next week otherwise I can see the board getting rid. And he would probably deserve it.

at the end of the day, it is a results driven business and he certainly is not producing them.

Edited by Batman

Here we go...melts

No matter which way you look at it the results haven't been good enough, I presume you'd agree with that?

I take zero pleasure in saying it but if results don't improve then RK will be sacked, simple as that. A manager lives and dies by results and at present their poor. I don't want RK to go but our current run cannot continue indefinitely. I'd be suprised if it hasn't already been discussed at board level.

9 losses in 11 they said on Solent.

If AN Other club sacked their manager after a run like that, I'd shrug and think fair enough.

He's going to get these two games but he needs at least four points, at least.

have to agree.

as much as we all like RK and really want him to succeed. It is a results business.

2 home games against Watford and WBA. you have to get a minimum of 4 points otherwise, he will deserve to go.

the last 12 months have seen us get progressively worse

Since the Autumn I was trying to gently temper people's expectations about where we'd end up this season as I knew full well that top half of the table or challenging for a cup was well beyond our very, very average squad.

Having said that, the squad is good enough to hover comfortably in the 10th-13th sort of range and shouldn't really be in any danger of going down.

One win and one draw out of ten matches is consistent under-performance even by that standard and this is the first time I've seriously started to wonder about Koeman's position.

If AN Other club sacked their manager after a run like that, I'd shrug and think fair enough.

Especially considering our next 3 games after that are Arsenal United and West ham , I cant see us getting much from them !

Next two games are huge. Losing 10 of 12 games is sacking mode regardless who you are.

However win them and we can push on and start to rebuild some confidence.

The problem is if we come out of those two games without at least one win the next batch of games are really difficult. These 2 games will shape our season imo. Lose them and it is going to be tough to stay up.

2 home games and a transfer window. No better time for a new manager effect. Decent appointment, 2 wins, sign a striker and its a completely different atmosphere.

Koeman thinking the answer is a flat back 9 with long alone up front probably won't.

No way we'll sack RK and have a replacement in the dugout before Wednesday.

Apart from loosing today did anyone see a glimmer of hope in the teams performance to suggest were capable of getting over this relegation form slump....?

Another exit maybe just the tonic we need nothing now but league form to worry about

The board need to be careful and mindful oh making strong decisions in haste but 9 defeats out of 11 someone needs to be bought to task.

We have to get 4 points minimum next week otherwise I can see the board getting rid. And he would probably deserve it.

4? I would say 6, how far have we slipped that we think only drawing at home to watford or wba is acceptable?

If we dont take at least 4 points from Watford and Wba then im going to start thinking about a change of manager ! How long would you wait before pressing the button ?

About 2 weeks ago, before Arsenal, that aberration just took the focus away from a situation that had already developed.

I'm not a "sack the manager" type, but you're totally right with that statement - most other clubs would have the P45 ready for that kind of record.

I'd still rather we kept him though, we just need a bloody striker who can take the chances. Yet again, had we taken some of those chances, we'd have won. Yet again.

If there is a strong replacement available in the middle of the season - ala Pochettino for Adkins - then perhaps it will be considered if we don't pick up. Otherwise, can't see it. Last thing we want is managerless limbo.

I thought we have a list of managers just incase ?

Pedantic statistical point : Saints have lost 8 in 10, not 9 in 11.

Palace 1-2 FA Cup

Norwich 0-1 EPL

WHU 1-2 EPL

Arsenal 4-0 EPL

Spurs 0-2 EPL

Palace 0-1 EPL

Villa 1-1 EPL

Liverpool 1-6 League Cup

Citeh 1-3 EPL

Stoke 0-1 EPL

Before this we went 8 games unbeaten since the Man Utd loss - 6 wins and 2 draws.

I'm not a "sack the manager" type, but you're totally right with that statement - most other clubs would have the P45 ready for that kind of record.

I'd still rather we kept him though, we just need a bloody striker who can take the chances. Yet again, had we taken some of those chances, we'd have won. Yet again.

Indeed. I'm not ready to believe he can't turn it round, and I think we will get four points in these two games.

Still hoping this is a second season flop akin to Martinez or Moyes at Everton rather than a terminal decline.

Some intent re a striker in Jan would be good, and clearly needed now.

I thought we have a list of managers just incase ?

That's been said in interviews before, yeah, but I'd imagine most people on it are still in work and not looking to move mid season.

We acted when Pochettino became available and could do again with someone else, I suppose.

we had 22 pts by mid jan when adkins got fired and were improving, this season we have 24 pts and are getting worse - i think adkins team from 12/13 would beat koemans without breaking sweat.

we haven't looked good all season, they don't look like a confident team who play for each other and koemans seemingly 'whatever' attitude is not right. when the team spirit and unity is questionable then the buck stops firmly with the management.

take away our first ten games from last season (when it was described as riding the poch wave or similar), our form wasn't that impressive at all and would have placed us firmly mid-table. I think we've only won 8 games since the end of last March.

time for a change

koemans seemingly 'whatever' attitude is not right.

No idea where you're getting that from. Managers with that attitude would lose every game 4-0. I was actually sat about 10 yards behind him today and heard the shouts you wouldn't otherwise.

Edited by DuncanRG

If the board had properly invested in the team then maybe RK would be facing the chop but let's face it, they've scrimped big time and that's coming home to roost. The decision now for Gareth, Les and co is do they release some funds and truly go and get some players who will make a difference or stick with what we have and risk a further slide followed by an even further slide next season. They have a decision to make and ultimately that is why they are paid big money. It's over to those who control the purse strings to make their play...

He has earned the right for more patience. If he f*cked off at the first sign of another club sniffing around for him, this place would be up in arms, we can't just dispose of a manager the first time he has a dodgy string of results.

To a certain extent I agree with you but our current run cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely. If we continue to lose games how long do you leave it before making a change? Don't want RK to go but there's no sentiment in football.

No idea where you're getting that from. Managers with that attitude would lose every game 4-0. I was actually sat about 10 yards behind him today and heard the shouts you wouldn't otherwise.

fair enough but looking at the stats for 2015 his record isn't great

the players body language is poor

they don't appear to play for each other

there is no passion, drive or urgency

they lack confidence

as an example eddie howe is doing a fantastic job with, on paper, a far inferior set of players and i firmly believe that if poch was in charge of this lot we'd be playing much much better

it's not just that we're losing, it's the performances that go with it

i'm a ST holder with a 200 mile round trip and i'm not sure i can really be arsed to watch anymore passionless sh1te

He is not a good manager and I'm glad this forum has quickly dumped the idea that it was the board's fault that he would leave us for something better, which according to some was only a matter of time.

Instead, it is the board's fault to have signed him and worse, to have trusted him, a sub-par coach with a mediocre curriculum, with managerial roles such as signings. Now we have the PL Eredivisie society plus a number of futures with potential to become average players, and an academy that is officially not trusted by its most important gatekeeper.

Edited by melmacian_saint

fair enough but looking at the stats for 2015 his record isn't great

the players body language is poor

they don't appear to play for each other

there is no passion, drive or urgency

they lack confidence

as an example eddie howe is doing a fantastic job with, on paper, a far inferior set of players and i firmly believe that if poch was in charge of this lot we'd be playing much much better

it's not just that we're losing, it's the performances that go with it

i'm a ST holder with a 200 mile round trip and i'm not sure i can really be arsed to watch anymore passionless sh1te

I only live in christchurch and am starting to struggle with motivating myself for games llately