Trump Watch

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Trump is funny. The media getting in a tizz because he is telling what they are....a bunch of *****s

There is nothing funny about the orange, strangely coiffured haired one (apart maybe from his hair). If the media are getting "in a tizz" it is because the most powerful man on the planet behaves like a delusional petulant child and who has no idea what truth is. The frightening thing is that there are millions of Americans who actually fall for his ****. No Batman, there is nothing funny about any of this.

Pony, complete pony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making do with made up attacks for now - the Bowling Green Massacre, Atlanta and now of course Sweden. The front of these cnts to be citing fake news at every turn. Administration is a joke. Uninformed fools like yourself lap it up. Soon you won't even have Fox News as even they are questioning now - still you'll always have Brietbart.

There is nothing funny about the orange, strangely coiffured haired one (apart maybe from his hair). If the media are getting "in a tizz" it is because the most powerful man on the planet behaves like a delusional petulant child and who has no idea what truth is. The frightening thing is that there are millions of Americans who actually fall for his ****. No Batman, there is nothing funny about any of this.

an yet he beat the rest in a fair election

weird place

It is **** funny, especially because he is supposed to be the most powerful man on the planet yet can't even get his own policies through.

The media are a bunch of ****s, that's one thing he has got right. Funny thing is we now have a load of left wingers standing up for Fox News.

It is **** funny, especially because he is supposed to be the most powerful man on the planet yet can't even get his own policies through.

The media are a bunch of ****s, that's one thing he has got right. Funny thing is we now have a load of left wingers standing up for Fox News.

Who's standing up for Fox News? Try and read what was said.

For every one person recoiling from Trump's press conferences and the general cluster f**kery of his first few weeks in office, there is someone else (probably in middle America) lapping it all up and pronouncing that he sure did do well by sticking it to the crooked / failing media and the snowflake lefties. I'm not sure that every left-leaning or centralist person appreciates this. Ultimately, if you are a right wing politician and you want to close borders or restrict immigration, at least have the sense to put together a policy that stands a chance of surviving scrutiny by the judicial branch of the government rather than something that seems to have been scribbled together on the back of a napkin.

His problems are well stated here: he has an impossibly thin skin, he's not particularly articulate, he seems to get most of his information from watching the TV, has no obvious appreciation for how the checks and balances of the US government work, is not trusted by the intelligence agencies to the point that they're leaking information and withholding sensitive intelligence from him...I could go on. But there again he is not the usual US politician. He has said and done things that would have ended the political career of anyone else.

Edited by Saint Albert

Please enlighten as to why CNN and NYTImes are 'a bunch of ****s'.

Where do you see left winger standing up for Fox News? Funny how the tag lefties gets thrown around so liberally. Often could simply be replaced with educated.

For every one person recoiling from Trump's press conferences and the general cluster f**kery of his first few weeks in office, there is someone else (probably in middle America) lapping it all up and pronouncing that he sure did do well by sticking it to the crooked / failing media and the snowflake lefties. I'm not sure that every left-leaning or centralist person appreciates this. Ultimately, if you are a right wing politician and you want to close borders or restrict immigration, at least have the sense to put together a policy that stands a chance of surviving scrutiny by the judicial branch of the government rather than something that seems to have been scribbled together on the back of a napkin.

His problems are well stated here: he has an impossibly thin skin, he's not particularly articulate, he seems to get most of his information from watching the TV, has no obvious appreciation for how the checks and balances of the US government work, is not trusted by the intelligence agencies to the point that they're leaking information and withholding sensitive intelligence from him...I could go on. But there again he is not the usual US politician. He has said and done things that would have ended the political career of anyone else.

I think most people do understand your first point about t the average middle American. He will need to change their lives for the better though as his base is not that strong.

His team's success can not be underestimated however campaigning on slogans and being refreshing by 'saying it as it is' isn't going to carry him through 4 years......I hope.

They seem hopelessly inexperienced and out of their depth .

an yet he beat the rest in a fair election

weird place

Well yes but the electoral college is a strange system to be fair. I know why they do it but he had disproportionate support in the more rural states. Still is a very strange system to me as each state gets a proportional vote based on population size (through number of representatives) and yet you can lose the popular vote and win the election (I think through the two senate votes each state gets?)

Barmy if you ask me.

Edited by farawaysaint

Well yes but the electoral college is a strange system to be fair. I know why they do it but he had disproportionate support in the more rural states. Still is a very strange system to me as each state gets a proportional vote based on population size (through number of representatives) and yet you can lose the popular vote and win the election (I think through the two senate votes each state gets?)

Barmy if you ask me.

Me too. I don't place much stock in the illegitimate president argument though because he won using the rules that were applicable to the election. Complaining afterwards seems like moving the goal posts.

That being said, you would have thought that given each state has the same number of senators, this would take care of equalizing regional representation in the federal government and the US could go with a simple one person one vote system for president. It looks bad when the winner gets significantly less votes than the loser. It seems fundamentally undemocratic.

Barmy if you ask me.

I think the maths of it is more that once you have won 50% +1 votes in a state, the rest of the votes in that state don't count for anything. So you can win California by 80%-20%, lose every other state 49%-51%, have more votes cast for you nationally but not carry enough states to win in the electoral college. The senator allocation slightly over weights the smaller states, but it's mainly the fact that the very liberal states of NY and CA in particular are v big but so many of the votes end up not counting towards anything.

It's worth pointing out that after the 2012 election, Trump himself complained on Twitter about the unfair and undemocratic system...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/266038556504494082?lang=en

Funny how he isn't making any noise about it after it went in his favour this time round eh?

Edit: In fact, his sheer hypocrisy about it is summed up much better here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/11/15/trumps-flip-flop-on-the-electoral-college-from-disaster-to-genius/?utm_term=.3233dc77c2bf

From "disaster" when he didn't like the result, to "genius" when he does.

It's worth pointing out that after the 2012 election, Trump himself complained on Twitter about the unfair and undemocratic system...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/266038556504494082?lang=en

Funny how he isn't making any noise about it after it went in his favour this time round eh?

Edit: In fact, his sheer hypocrisy about it is summed up much better here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/11/15/trumps-flip-flop-on-the-electoral-college-from-disaster-to-genius/?utm_term=.3233dc77c2bf

From "disaster" when he didn't like the result, to "genius" when he does.

Trump was a big fan of leaks during the election, as well. Now? Not so much.

Well I am here in the middle, I work with a bunch of people who do cheer on Trump's ideas that the "left" dont like. I don't think he is illegitimate, he won according to the rules like the last guy did l, who he thought was illegitimate, but those are the rubs. While not illegitimate he is incompetent, lack experience of required skills, and lacks interest in gaining them. They are ill prepared despite having months to get ready they have only nominated 29 of the 545 senate confirmed nominees. He appealed to people based on the easy fix. Well the world is more complicated. Its going to be a very long 4 years.

The Republicans have definitely done a good job at gamming the system for political advantage come election time. But the Democrats have done themselves no favours by sticking to leaders that appear out of touch with the ordinary people. One interesting thing from this election is that we now have a "working class" it was always "middle class" that was used to describe these people in the past, so maybe there is some opportunity for dividing up the working from the middle.

This morning I heard that defaults on auto loans was up to the highest levels since 2009, enjoy it while you can this is the good times the seeds of the next recession have been sown.

Barmy if you ask me.

Yes but he still won fair and square. Both candidates knew the rules and where they had to secure votes to get elected. trump would argue that had it been a simple popular vote he would have focused his canvassing on different areas instead of targeting the States he needed and there would have been a different outcome.

How is their system any less fair than here where parties like UKIP and the greens don't get anywhere near the amount of seats their vote should give them?

You can't have presidents elected by the popular vote. Over time policies, influence and money would naturally favour the big population states and the smaller ones would get left behind and start to feel even more put upon. It's a recipe for total disharmony and disunity. Less and less money would be transferred from wealthy states to poorer states as politicians try and win the big population areas by allowing them to keep more of their money. Imagine what the uk would look like if you only had to win London & the major cities to form a government, it's bad enough now but imagine how little infrastructure projects places like Cornwall & Norfolk would get if you didn't need the votes there.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Can't understand why lefties are complaining about his America first policy. What do they want a Pres who puts America second ?

I'm going to join linekar, Little Owen Jones, & other assorted snowflakes on their protest march against the countries that ban Israelis. Can someone let me know when it is?

I would expect every single leader to put their country first, but when Trump says it the snowflakes go into meltdown

He's doing a great job trolling lefties

Maybe, but he's doing a great job upsetting snowflakes & lefties , long may it continue

Pony, complete pony

Who exactly is the snowflake here?

For the record, I don't think Trump is particularly left or right. The only thing he cares about are his own opinions of the moment they occurred in his mind. They could be liberal opinions, they could be rightist. The important thing is that he held an opinion long enough to tweet about it before changing said opinion.

He had such astrong opinion about Swedish violence that he felt the need to mention it because he saw it on the true media. Then he remembered the media are the enemy of the people and cannot be trusted. He then excused his mistake by.......Oh wait, he never admits mistakes despite making so many in such a short time.

Donald Trump is not a dangerous leftist or a dangerous right winger. He is just a dangerous President.

Edited by Ohio Saint

They are fodder Ohio. Their heroes are the shock jock columnists sort like Littlejohn, Liddle, Toby Young who have to peddle these sort of terms. Haha remoaners. Piers Morgan uses snowflake many times a day now and just natural that his impressionable flock follow suit. Will lose impact soon after saturation use.

Batman used to use 'liberal elite' often - don't think he would've ever come up with it on his own

They are fodder Ohio. Their heroes are the shock jock columnists sort like Littlejohn, Liddle, Toby Young who have to peddle these sort of terms. Haha remoaners. Piers Morgan uses snowflake many times a day now and just natural that his impressionable flock follow suit. Will lose impact soon after saturation use.

Maybe they need to be told that snowflakes can turn into avalanches.

Batman used to use 'liberal elite' often - don't think he would've ever come up with it on his own

Oh yeah, I get it, and I totally recognise it. There was a post a while back that mentioned "The Clinton News Network" like they had invented that insult all on their own. These buzz phrases are used by people with no imagination, little knowledge, and a crapload of personal insecurity. On a tangent, it's very depressing to see that the defamatory use of the word liberal has travelled across the pond and is being used as an insult by some of the more mentally challenged in the UK. Insults are fine, but screwing around with the English language in favour of putting forward a coherent argument is just plain lazy.

For the record, I don't think Trump is particularly left or right. The only thing he cares about are his own opinions of the moment they occurred in his mind. They could be liberal opinions, they could be rightist. The important thing is that he held an opinion long enough to tweet about it before changing said opinion.

He had such astrong opinion about Swedish violence that he felt the need to mention it because he saw it on the true media. Then he remembered the media are the enemy of the people and cannot be trusted. He then excused his mistake by.......Oh wait, he never admits mistakes despite making so many in such a short time.

Donald Trump is not a dangerous leftist or a dangerous right winger. He is just a dangerous President.

I think that's right. He's an unpredictable mixture of all-sorts of policies without any real coherent thread or direction and half the time he doesn't really know what he's talking about. In short, he is ill-suited for any sort of political office....... :lol: :mcinnes:

I think it's undeniable his supporting cast are pretty right-wing though.

I think it's undeniable his supporting cast are pretty right-wing though.

True. Despite initially trying to dump this guy when he first put his head above the parapet, I find it amusing that the Republican Party have overlooked his previous democrat smooching activities and are now accepting him as a right winger.

Most alarming though is the thoughts that I have in my own tiny head......This guy wants so much to be loved, that if things don't work out for him being the way he is, he will just turn his policies to whatever the hell will make him loved.

I'm not saying he is stupid, not at all!! I just think he is mentally damaged. He needed his father's approval way before he got it..... And was probably breast fed by a robot. ;)

This is right re Trump. Many of the wackier republicans complained that he was not one of them during the primaries. I don't think that he is particularly anti-gay, anti-transgender, anti-public health care or pro life or any of the US right wing's other pet social issues, but he won't stand in the way of Republican initiatives that limit these things and he may even push some of them through to enhance his Republican credentials, and to get what he wants on issues that he actually cares about like trade, the wall and immigration.

Good to see his 'presidential' blip (ability to read an autocue) is over and backed to his deranged rants. 30 mins after exposing a watergate level scandal he is back slagging off Arnie.

And his advisor Roger Stone seems a lovely fella calling people ugly *****es and more on Twitter.

Enlighten me where did the lovely tem of endearment 'snowflake' originate from? Not really heard of it until I was saddled with it by LDH for having the temerity to suggest that Brexit was a really s-h-i-t-e idea on here.

It's become a cliche. I've been seeing it more and more in the past month. Seems to be a favourite derogatory insult of the far-right crowd—along with the term "libtard".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

Enlighten me where did the lovely tem of endearment 'snowflake' originate from? Not really heard of it until I was saddled with it by LDH for having the temerity to suggest that Brexit was a really s-h-i-t-e idea on here.

"Snowflake" because they are all unique and special like a snowflake. It's been around for a long time but the media focus on the alt-right brought it to prominence.

See GCHQ is angrily slapping down the White House for claiming that Obama had used GCHQ to do his dirty work and wiretap Trump during the elections.

Oversensitive snowflakes...

....and the Americans have backtracked and apologised. 'kin wet libtards

Recycling second-rate jokes from trump - weak effort pal.

Wasn't a joke , stating a fact. Merkal was wire tapped under Obama, is it so unlikely that they'd have look at Trump? If they're listening in on Obama's friends chances are they'd be listening in on potential president. I realise the snowflakes think St Obama is whiter than white ( and that's not a joke either, pal!!!!) but some of us realise exactly what a useless corrupt politician he is.

Wasn't a joke , stating a fact. Merkal was wire tapped under Obama, is it so unlikely that they'd have look at Trump? If they're listening in on Obama's friends chances are they'd be listening in on potential president. I realise the snowflakes think St Obama is whiter than white ( and that's not a joke either, pal!!!!) but some of us realise exactly what a useless corrupt politician he is.

how-to-feed-ponies-to-avoid-obesity-54ad2a0dbcbb0.jpg

Not a shred of evidence that Obama wiretapped Trump, you swivel-eyed clown. That's from the bipartisan, cross-party Senate and House Intelligence Committees.

Trump could pick up the phone at any time and ask for verification from the intelligence agencies. He's not done so -instead his press secretary has been citing reports from Fox News and commentators who dabble in 9/11 conspiracy theories.

A word of advice: stay off the glue and rabid right kool aid.

Edited by shurlock

Bless. You'll be tweeting the NY Times soon screaming fake news #snowflake #pony

It's pretty hard to get on in Chicago politics unless you are, so I'd imagine he's pretty good at it. Either way, corrupt or not, he was a lousy president.

He didn't follow through on a lot of campaign promises but he was good for America. Healthcare reform, lgbt marriage recognition, he pushed forward on a lot of social issues.

He didn't follow through on a lot of campaign promises but he was good for America. Healthcare reform, lgbt marriage recognition, he pushed forward on a lot of social issues.

tbf to him he was deliberately stymied at every turn by a Republican dominated congress. They were even prepared to do things which were patently bad for America, like refusing to pass a budget which led to services being shut down and public employees being sent home - all because they wanted to get at Obama. Its hard to grasp from overseas just how dysfunctional US politics has become in recent years.

Edited by buctootim

tbf to him he was deliberately stymied at every turn by a Republican dominated congress. They were even prepared to do things which were patently bad for America, like refusing to pass a budget which led to services being shut down and public employees being sent home - all because they wanted to get at Obama. Its hard to grasp from overseas just how dysfunctional US politics has become in recent years.

100% agreed. Obabma's presidency was an example of the US system of checks and balances working rather too well when opposed with mallice rather than the spirit of democracy

Trump and House Speaker Ryan can't even control their own GOP, it seems. Bullsh*tt*ng bottlejobs.

Obamacare is dead, long live Obamacare.

Edited by shurlock