• Davis
    • Targett
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Tadić
    • Pellè
    • Yoshida

thank god for that

excellent performance. no bad player at all.

they were dire though but we were every bit excellent

we sure as shyt cant carry on missing chances like that.

Long my MoM

also, I will be pretty angry if Vic starts on Sat. No way does he deserve that

Leicester winning at WHL!!!!!!!!

thank god for that

excellent performance. no bad player at all.

they were dire though but we were every bit excellent

we sure as shyt cant carry on missing chances like that.

Long my MoM

also, I will be pretty angry if Vic starts on Sat. No way does he deserve that

Leicester winning at WHL!!!!!!!!

The kind of result that warms you on a wet and cold night! :)

Score-line didn't do us justice thought we were fantastic. Total commitment from start to finish. Frazer Forster can't have had an easier night. Can't fault any of them. Special mention though to Matt Targett who looked confident and completely at ease.

Fair play to Koeman, ,got it right tonight, hats off!

Please, more of the same for the rest of the season.

Wow. What a difference 4 days makes.

That was the kind of professional home performance we have been used to over the last few years. Dominant throughout, never gave the oppo a sniff of goal and got the goals. Can't ask for more than that - especially given our recent form.

The pressing was excellent, closing down Watford at every opportunity and making life nice and easy for our back line. Romeu and Clasie completely bossed the midfield tonight with excellent performances. Particular nod to Clasie who lasted 90 minutes for once.

Targett was exceptionally good both in attack and defence. Superb cross for Long to score the first goal.

Great to see Frazer back and the defence seemed a lot more comfortable with him in goal, although he won't have many easier games than that for the rest of his career.

Was going to give MOTM to Romeu but the effort Long put in right up until the final whistle was just immense and played a key part in keeping a clean sheet as well as scoring the first, so he gets it I reckon.

Great to get a win.

Lots of positives:

- Good use of 3 CBs

- Clasie playing 90mins and he, Romeu and Cedric were all good

- Davis outstanding (hope Derry enjoyed his performance)

- Long with one of his good games

- Forster return a massive moment. Surely he plays every game from now

One negative:

- We need far too many chances to score and won't always get as many as today. Too many players are not ruthless in front of goal and its the biggest reason for our league position not being as high as would be ideal.

Question: Will Koeman try and fit Wanyama and Pelle into the team on Saturday? Especially given the close proximity of the games.

Would be great to start seeing some selection consistency.

Moment of the Game: Duncan cheering Tadic's goal

Well when we play well we play very well. Helped by a watford side who seems to not want to play in the rain.

Thought the 3 midfield was excellent today. There was a real balance in strength(Romeu), Passing(Clasie), Movement(Davis)Really hope that Wanyama who has been below par most of the season doesn't just waltz into the team. Romeu still has that odd moment of devil in him. That tackle from behind i thought was far too risky, mistime it at all and a ref could send him off but fair play to him he timed it perfectly and it was Deeney who went crazy and got himself booked.

Long worked his socks off and took his goal nicely. If he could just improve his convertion ratio a little but still a good little player who may not be worth what we paid for him but neither is Lallana/Lovren worth what we sold them for.

Mane needs a goal, some excellent stuff outside of that but contrived not to increase our lead.

Nice to see Targett do ok and set up the 1st goal, especially after some of the negatives i've seen regarding him on these forums especially in relation to his crossing.

I've had a lot of negatives recently about Koeman but today the tactics worked and today he used his subs correctly to close out the game and get us the 2nd.

Still it's one game and we showed against arsenal we can play when we want. Other teams will make us regret all teh missed chances and sometimes we need to be able to show we can grind out results when playing less well.

We've played as well as that in patches over most of the last 10 games but tonight we managed to keep it up for the full 90 minutes.

Shane Long my MotM with a special mention for Targett for the 'most improved player' award

Another 3 points on Saturday and we can start looking up the table again.

Much better from Saints. Lots of positives out there. We should have had more goals. Watford were poor on the night, but Saints gave them nothing. I still think we need another striker. I think we can beat West Brom Saturday as well, although it will be a tight 1-0 win i predict. Then we have two tough away games, hopefully we can go into those games in a much better frame of mind.

what a great game - even considering the filthy weather. Forster back with a clean sheet. Another goal for Shane Long who looked half dead at the end.

Targett and Cedric really good (has to be Cedric's best game of the season) .....Tadic doing what a sub. should do when coming on ...

Hard luck Steven Davis -he looked onside, would have been a good goal....and Clasie completed 95 minutes.......

Great performance, and more importantly, a win. I don't think we've been playing that badly, but mistakes in both boxes have impacted results.

Clearly you don't have to be stopping shots to have an impact as goalkeeper. Clasie, Cèdric and Long all did well.Target was good, especially first half - Koeman knows a good player when he sees one.

But Romeu was MOTM for me. If you want your place back Vic, you'll need to work for it.

Very good performance, comfortably the better team.

We've been unlucky in a few games, should probably have a couple more points on the board.

Hopefully a reminder for many on here that we're a decent side with a good set up, no need to get upset every time we have a bad run.