• Tadić
    • Romeu
    • Martina

another very good performance.

Like this formation with these players

VvD Very good

JWP scored a beauty

tadic again when came on

Long was excellent leading the line. He puts their whole defence under pressure, closes them down, makes them face their own goal. Excellent performance

but my MoM has to be Davis. Brilliant and suits that role in this formation perfectly

#Pat on the back klaxon#

I predicted 3-0 in the build up thread :)

Great performance again.

I'm inclined to give my MotM to Long again but JWP deserves it for the goals.

This evening I shall be mainly getting my entertainment from reading back over the meltdown threads from a week or so ago. Lol.

Another good game this evening is to count the number of "I'm glad I was proven wrong" posts :)

Edited by trousers

I'm blaming all of our previous woes on Stekelenburg. Since Forster came back that's two wins, two thoroughly domninant and professional displays, and 2 clean sheets.

Couldn't have asked for better today really. WBA were a better team than Watford were, but we still didn't let them have a single shot on target.

Can't wait to see how a proven natural goalscorer like Austin is going to fit into this setup.

SO good. Shane Long stunning, both in speed and deceptive touches. Davis wow. Two glorious through passes. JWP... at last! Will be so interesting to see what this does for his confidence. Wanyama... proved a point. VvD superb.

But here's the biggest thing. It was just 100% crystal clear that we are a much much better team than West Brom. Which means that our current points total does not reflect our quality. We'll be ahead of Palace, Stoke and Liverpool before you know it. Add in Charlie Austin + growing confidence and you can see another run for Europe v possible.

Chuffed for Prowse and super sub Tadic .Good to see Long kepr his place.Gutted for Rom and Classie .Shame Everton got a late winner and good job I double checked.Now Utd please beat scousers tomorrow or at worst draw.

Combined with Austin great day and great results in our favour. Keep it going saints

Steven Davis superb today, was unlucky not to get a few more assists. Thought we looked a little less controlled in attack after he went off - not that it was an issue and he deserved the rest.

Brilliant performances as well from Long, JWP amd even Wanyama. Is it coincidence that the back four look so much more composed with Forster back? He's such a good organiser.

another very good performance.

Like this formation with these players

VvD Very good

JWP scored a beauty

tadic again when came on

Long was excellent leading the line. He puts their whole defence under pressure, closes them down, makes them face their own goal. Excellent performance

but my MoM has to be Davis. Brilliant and suits that role in this formation perfectly

You did say it was OK to re-post your quote about Pelle a couple of days ago, so here goes.... :)

pelle_batman.JPG

Lovely strike by JWP, finally showing the dead ball finishing that seemed so apparent yet illusive. Important to get that early goal before they rearranged tactially.

Got a little lucky at 1-0, on another day JWP could have conceded a penalty(might have been marginally outside) and then thought Targett's penalty was slightly soft. Very cute play by Targett to throw his body across though.

After that we dominated and resuly never looked in doubt. It's very nice to see us be able to close a game out like that again though.

Thought Davis was particularly good in midfield, lovely play to set up the third for Tadic.

Got a little lucky at 1-0, on another day JWP could have conceded a penalty(might have been marginally outside) and then thought Targett's penalty was slightly soft.

That's the 'rub of the green' that we've not been getting the last couple of months, despite playing well in patches. Good to see it evening itself out a little today. That said, we didn't really need luck today - it was a dominating performance.

Dominant performance today. Great to see JWP finally get that freekick in. Thought Shane Long was fantastic - led the line brilliantly and his pace and movement are everything that Pelle is not. Even after taking several heavy knocks during the game he kept on going and really deserved a goal. Davis had a good game supplying others. Don't remember Forster having to make a save. Two interesting tests coming up now away from home.

Chuffed for Prowse and super sub Tadic .Good to see Long kepr his place.Gutted for Rom and Classie .Shame Everton got a late winner and good job I double checked.Now Utd please beat scousers tomorrow or at worst draw.

Combined with Austin great day and great results in our favour. Keep it going saints

I'd check Everton result again if I were you.

Great performance from start to finish.

Great free kick from JWP and he had a very good game. Perhaps Clasie will rue losing his place through "lack of freshness"?

One main point though: anyone who still doesn't rate Davis is an absolute lunatic. He bossed the game today and showed ludicrously high skill levels on the ball.

Worth adding that Wanyama also did a great job especially second half when they went (even more) direct and physical.

Also, WBA, absolutely dreadful and deserved to lose for being so negative in the first half. Waste of a PL space, would far rather see a Bournemouth type who actually want to progress.

Edited by Saint Charlie

JWP will be feeling elated this evening - and so he should, his first goal was exquisite and he took the pen with real confidence. Thought Davis was excellent and the ball he played for Tadic's goal was class. Long's energy is such an asset to the whole team, so tenacious. Really pleased that Matty Targett was given a run out again, think he's looked at home. Impressed with his crossing and passing . Cedric is looking good too. Hats off to Ron today :toppa:

Man U next, let's keep this level up and smash 'em!

Really pleased that Matty Targett was given a run out again, think he's looked at home. Impressed with his crossing and passing .

This is the biggest bonus of the last two games for me. Either by luck or good judgement, Koeman has found the best position for Targett. I was never convinced that he would make the grade in the traditional left back position but playing further forward has unearthed some hitherto hidden strengths.

Happy days

Yes, I think I saw a WBA player limping after a JWP tackle

Limping ! Fletcher went off because of JWP's tackle no bottling there , also on the subject of their penalty JWP was in control of the ball and the WBA player made a move for it so I'm not sure how a pen could be given in those circumstances . Excellent team performance from everyone today my MOTM Davis

Really like this formation, with Bertrand switching between CB and LB, and Targett switching between LW and LWB, we can switch between 442 and 352 really easily as needed, must be a nightmare to play against.

Only slight downside is that it shackles Bertrand's attacking threat, but Targett's been stepping up on that front with this formation.

With this, Austin signing, not to mention the cricket, it's been a good day!

Edited by Jimmy_D