Man U build up thread

vince

My Manc supporting neighbour(he does watch them when he can afford it) reckons Saints will do them over on Saturday and LVG will be out on Sunday morning.He says Manure are absolutely rubbish at present and lack any motivation.Petulant Rooney is sailing very close to the wind and is unable to keep his trap shut. An assertive Ref won't take any more of his whinging.My neighbour reckons most of their supporters want LVG out.

For whatever reason, Rooney's constant whinging is always indulged by officials.

Pubs ? I'm thinking of https://www.facebook.com/TheGreenManchester/

Went here for a few before the city game, screens, good food and a big bar. 5 mins from Picadilly station

Any other options

The Bulls Head (I think) Right outside Piccadilly Station and Metro. Last Jan they had Ringwoods Boondoggle on, amongst about 5 Real Ales, which was nice :smug:

Not too keen on large groups or colours, so keep coat done up!! Friendly locals and staff.

Noticed that since Forster is back, Davis has been on the bench. What has happened to Stekelenburg? Injured or returned to Fulham.

With our current form I think we could get something from this game.

Injured - calf I think

I think we will too. Their defence is a bit dodgy, their midfield ain't all that and their strikers are not really working together so get vvd or VW on Rooney and we have a great chance - certainly not anything to be scared off. [emoji6]

Edited by Toadhall Saint

Injured - calf I think

I think we will too. Their defence is a bit dodgy, their midfield ain't all that and their strikers are not really working together so get vvd or VW on Rooney and we have a great chance - certainly not anything to be scared off. [emoji6]

And if VW gets a cheap booking get Romeu on sharpish to replace him cos Rooney or that hairy lout will make sure he gets another.

Mike Jones looks like a ref who will buckle under pressure from the players and we don't apply any on the refs. That said the Ref's and Lino's normally travel as a set package, after the howler the Lino made for the dodgy equaliser, our defence should be drilled in the Arsenal of Adams and Keown or Bould uniform arm in the air asking the question and sowing the seed of doubt in lino's mind.

Mike fuc kin Jones. :mcinnes:

Refereed the Chelsea-Everton game at the weekend. Lots of articles about him being lucky not to be demoted. Hooray.

He refereed our 1-0 win at Sunderland, so we know he's not afraid to give penalties to the away side. Could come in handy, considering the home opposition.

Pelle still struggling with knee injury.

Austin will be part of the squad this weekend.

Slightly worrying that Austin, who has been out injured, is really fit compared to the rest of the squad (guess that quote might have lost something in translation)

"I was worried because Charlie had a hamstring injury before we signed him but he did all the training sessions this week. Comparing to the rest of the team he is really fit so he can be part of the squad this weekend."

Slightly worrying that Austin, who has been out injured, is really fit compared to the rest of the squad (guess that quote might have lost something in translation)

"I was worried because Charlie had a hamstring injury before we signed him but he did all the training sessions this week. Comparing to the rest of the team he is really fit so he can be part of the squad this weekend."

He obviously meant he is as fit as the rest of the squad.

Yes he meant that Charlie is as fit as the rest of the squad, not fitter than them.

Incidentally "Normally" is one word Ronald constantly misuses (and my nonexistent Dutch or any other non-English language leaves me in no position to complain). As in "Normally he will be part of the team for this Saturday".

Yes he meant that Charlie is as fit as the rest of the squad, not fitter than them.

Incidentally "Normally" is one word Ronald constantly misuses (and my nonexistent Dutch or any other non-English language leaves me in no position to complain). As in "Normally he will be part of the team for this Saturday".

The French are the same with 'normalement'. It means 'all things being equal' and hat sort of thing.

Been reading the match preview pull out in today's Echo and really struck me how United just don't concede at home (and likewise we don't score away) this game looks set to be 0-0 or 1-0 either way, unfortunately De Gea often seems to have a match winning performance against us.

What is promising is the teams United have failed to beat at home gives us confidence, drawing 0-0 with Newcastle , West Ham and losing 2-1 at home to Norwich.

If it comes down to a game of few chances let's hope for once we take ours, Austin on for last 30 mins to win the game would be the script for me

Man U to win is nearly evens, can't remember the last time I saw them at that price at home against Saints. Might have to have a bit on that as a sweetener, 2-3 goals is also at evens. Charlie to come off the bench and score the last goal of the game is 15/2. That's my bets sorted for the game.

for all how rubbish they are, they have been comfortably above us nearly all season and will finish above us

a draw would be a cracking result

They're not even that bad, the problem is the "fans" have taken ombrage at LvGs style of football which puts winning above all else and not losing close behind that so they are a discontented rabble. Most of them seem to have forgotten just how many games they won in their "glory years" with iffy penalties and other disputable goals in "Fergie" time long after the game should have ended.

for all how rubbish they are, they have been comfortably above us nearly all season and will finish above us

They're not even that bad, the problem is the "fans" have taken ombrage at LvGs style of football which puts winning above all else and not losing close behind that so they are a discontented rabble. Most of them seem to have forgotten just how many games they won in their "glory years" with iffy penalties and other disputable goals in "Fergie" time long after the game should have ended.

Yes but aren't they the most expensively assembled team in PL history? They are not bad but I think people expect more of them then they are delivering grinding out results with dull football isn't what people where expecting. With the talent they have they should be doing far better than they are.

Yes but aren't they the most expensively assembled team in PL history? They are not bad but I think people expect more of them then they are delivering grinding out results with dull football isn't what people where expecting. With the talent they have they should be doing far better than they are.

They do have a few long term injuries that cost a packet though, even then I'd doubt if they're the most expensive actually, I'd have thought that Chelsea and Citeh at least are by far more costly.

Maybe even Arsenal. Not checked any of that though.

That's hardly a barometer, it's not like we've had a great season.

A win could put us 7th, assuming Stoke (Leicester away) lose and Palace (Spurs home) and Liverpool (Norwich away) draw or worse, which isn't inconceivable.

Think it will be a scrappy game with few chances - let's hope we're more clinical than usual. Time for Mane to start scoring again.

A win could put us 7th, assuming Stoke (Leicester away) lose and Palace (Spurs home) and Liverpool (Norwich away) draw or worse, which isn't inconceivable.

Think it will be a scrappy game with few chances - let's hope we're more clinical than usual. Time for Mane to start scoring again.

I'm sure he will be desperate to put in a good performance at Old Trafford ;)

Looks like Steve Davis may be missing tomorrow. Noticeably absent from the training videos (Shane Long interview) and pictures that I have seen.

Couple of people on here will be pleased.

He's a key link and has been excellent the last couple of games

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk