Britain 3rd in Global rankings of Best Countries

buctootim

I remember when Norway used to top these lists, now it's not even on them. That's the death of the oil industry for you.

There are a lot of lists though, thought I saw one the other day where Norway was still way out in front and the UK wasn't even in the top 20. Depends on the criteria used I suppose.

No, that would have increased their ratings. It must have been the climate factor that counted against them.

Norway's pretty clearly not included in the survey.

Norway is on the cusp of a big financial downturn though. There have been thousands of very well paid jobs lost in a population of only 5 million. Imagine what that does to the economy. This is only because of the enormous drop in oil prices and would've happened under any government. Funny, people have always thought the boom years would end when the oil ran out. I don't think anyone anticipated oil losing nearly all its value.

Norway's pretty clearly not included in the survey.

Norway is on the cusp of a big financial downturn though. There have been thousands of very well paid jobs lost in a population of only 5 million. Imagine what that does to the economy. This is only because of the enormous drop in oil prices and would've happened under any government. Funny, people have always thought the boom years would end when the oil ran out. I don't think anyone anticipated oil losing nearly all its value.

Far from oil running out there's now a glut of it.