• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Austin

Fairytale stuff. Clinical header from a good delivery.

I think we just about deserved to win and were the better side.

Very solid in defence, just lacking quality final pass going forward.

Clasie and Wanyama both excellent. That sort of display shows why Wanyama always starts when available.

Long put a great shift in to unsettle Smalling and Blind.

Forster again didn't have anything to do but great presence.

Amazing. Not sure what's changed but Forster being back and Bertrand in a back 3must be part of it. Happy Days.

(just a shame about the scouse result).

It's confidence in each other. The players trust Forster more than Stekelenburg and Bertrand more than Yoshida. Needs a look as we get towards the summer - cause Bertrand will want to be at left back and keep his England place - but for now it's working wonders.

Amazing. Not sure what's changed but Forster being back and Bertrand in a back 3must be part of it. Happy Days.

(just a shame about the scouse result).

Different formation as you say, Long playing, Forster back, Charlie signing and Pelle nowhere to be seen. Not sure what's changed?

Another great result.

This is all down to me though. Couldn't follow the game on Boxing Day when Saints won 4-0 so I've deliberately and unselfishly avoided following the last 3 games live as well. Result 3 wins and no goals conceded. Saints should be paying me for my painstaking work.

Charlie Austin, Saints legend!!! Love it, absolutely love it. All the talk will be of Man U this, Man U that but ********, we deserved that win and a work colleague of mine that didn't rate Charlie Austin and thought United would win is in for some abuse!

Always enjoyed beating Man United Inc since 76, but some wins better than others - a peach today, Clasie better on the day than Schneiderlin, Forster our king of the clean sheets, Koeman better than Van Gaal and may have sacked him, Austin, the player most Saints fans saw as our missing link, scores within minutes on the debut! Eighth place, now to overtake Liverpool and all that baggage. Onwards you beauties!...

Great result. Since i've been critical in the past, i'll say Koeman really got his tactical changes right stopping the momentum they were building. Nice to get revenge for the home loss to them again.

Forster makes a big difference. Great to see a modern keeper so good at coming and catching the ball, takes so much pressure off the team.

Austin showed his goalscoring instinct, felt like he was still adapting to how Saints play much of the time but had 2 key moments, one a goal and one where he was involved in build up to Romeu almost scoring. Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Didn't really feel Tadic decision worked out especially in the 2nd half when they brought on Mata.

At the moment feel we have 5 players vying for 2 attacking slots(Long, Austin, Mane, Tadic, Pelle) which is a very nice position to be in.

One again Long was excellent, probably my man of the match.

I would have been happy with a draw but delighted with the win perhaps the draw will come against Arsenal

I wonder if Morgan regrets leaving us probably not as he earns loads more cash but if he was still with us we would probably be much higher in the table

However that is the worse Mane performance I've ever seen.
Thought he ran his socks off defensively - his burst forward and cross for Long where their guy got injured changed the game for us I think, he will have better days going forward thought I agree. Buzzing after the win - Austin winner too :) :) :)

Excellent result.

Austin scores on his debut, another clean sheet.

Expect RK is trying to hold it in having stuffed his old foe Louis ....

Son has already exchanged texts with the glory seeking saps at his school, delighted to see plastics meltdown.

I would have been happy with a draw but delighted with the win perhaps the draw will come against Arsenal

I wonder if Morgan regrets leaving us probably not as he earns loads more cash but if he was still with us we would probably be much higher in the table

Playing regularly as well if he'd stayed. Wonder if his move has jeopardised his place in the French squad.

Isn't that Austin moment exactly what we've been missing, though? Someone to take a chance when it looks like we won't capitalise on a good performance.

Yes.

Saw it desribed as a 'free header', and so it might have been, but Pelle would most likely have hit the post, Long headed over.

And just for £4m as well.

How much have Brendan and Van Gaal spent on forwards in the last two seasons ?

Absolutely brilliant! Just what we've been missing, someone to finish off teams when we've been dominating, or someone to take the one chance when we haven't. Typical of the big teams not trying to sign him - the old cliche about if he was called Carlo Austino they would all be in for him is true.