• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Austin

Thought Clasie and Vic were very good - VW seems to have his head on right again - maybe as Romeu is proper competition

The back 3 were also good

Mane had an off day (trying to hard?), Tadic poor (so slow with the ball - seems better these days as a sub). Thought we missed Davies. JWP offered far more when he came on

Long was superb, my MOTM, ran himself into the ground - we are so much better with his mobility up top

Yes.

Saw it desribed as a 'free header', and so it might have been, but Pelle would most likely have hit the post, Long headed over.

And just for £4m as well.

How much have Brendan and Van Gaal spent on forwards in the last two seasons ?

It was a very cleverly worked move. Fonte took 2 defenders with him towards the near post while Austin stepped back to leave himself unmarked in front of of goal. He headed it down perfectly though.

If any of Chelsea, United, City or Arsenal offer him a job he'll go.

Why do people want him to lie and say he won't? Managers are ambitious for success and bigger salaries just like players.

As long as Les has the next candidate in mind we'll be fine (and no one tempts Les away!)

He will honour his contract. RK has said so time and again and it is clear it is a matter of principle for him (thus the "are you saying I'm a liar" comment to Adam Blackmore).

He will honour his contract. RK has said so time and again and it is clear it is a matter of principle for him (thus the "are you saying I'm a liar" comment to Adam Blackmore).

It might just be me but reckon if you listen to it closely, he actually says "it's bullsh*t" and it's been edited it out, as it seems to go momentarily silent immediately after he says "bull".

I particularly liked when he said "maybe it's not the most serious of newspapers..".

How long before he names and shames Crook I wonder...

Thought the team display was immense. Cedric with another stormer, not so attacking but brilliant defensively. But the team played so well for the full match. Another clean sheet and yet again restricting another team to a single long range shot on target. So important that, if nothing is heading towards your goal, you will not concede. I really hope Messers Koeman stay for much longer, still a perfect fit for this great football club.

It's 'La Luna del Tempo', a 12 month oak-aged Barbera from Piemonte,it's very good. Thank goodness the nibbles line the stomach! I'm in posh tart mode and don't care. I may slum it with a few beers later.;)

Nice to see a bit of class. I'm planning on a glass or two of decent Pinot Noir later.

Once I'm reasonably off my head on cheap beer. ;-) :-D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Great all round performance, although United were poor (even compared to last season, where I felt we won thanks to a defensive masterclass, today it was just assured...) It looks like we may have found a formation that works! Hooray! At the turn of the year we really looked out of ideas, so it's great that they are now clicking and playing so well. It's hard to pick out individuals but I think Targett has improved so much playing in that LWB position, perhaps playing in a back four and still getting forward exposed him a bit but now he has a bit more freedom. Van Dijk got my MOTM - more than any other player I found myself congratulating him on a crucial tackle or interception.

. I'm planning on a glass or two of decent Pinot Noir later.

Once I'm reasonably off my head on cheap beer. ;-) :-D

Can't help thinking that's the wrong way round, taste buds and all that. Either way, you owe me €4.50 for the glass you offered.;)

In case the mods get stroppy, this is entirely Saints related!

Can't help thinking that's the wrong way round, taste buds and all that. Either way, you owe me €4.50 for the glass you offered.;)

In case the mods get stroppy, this is entirely Saints related!

You're right, except that beer before wine, you'll feel fine, wine before beer makes you feel queer. (no, not that queer).

The glass of wine will be a pleasure if and when we ever meet.

I wonder why the 3-5-2 is suddenly working, when it was clearly forced into a 5-3-2 against Watford and Midtjylland at the beginning of the season. I guess it's a combination of things - van Dijk/Bertrand in the back three instead of Caulker/Yoshida, Clasie and Wanyama firing on all cylinders, team confidence generally improving etc.

I wonder why the 3-5-2 is suddenly working, when it was clearly forced into a 5-3-2 against Watford and Midtjylland at the beginning of the season. I guess it's a combination of things - van Dijk/Bertrand in the back three instead of Caulker/Yoshida, Clasie and Wanyama firing on all cylinders, team confidence generally improving etc.

also, we literally defend from the front now due to long/mane being up top. They put the opposition defence under a lot of pressure and make them face their own goal a great deal more

Bertrand played there earlier in the season and looked well out of place. Something tells me we've been working on it all season in training.

Targett looks more confident, Cedric has got fitter and imposes himself more, Wanyama isn't throwing a wobbly (all the time), Clasie alongside him instead of Davis (who is still unreliable in DM, however fantastic he's been recently further forward).

I have been silenced.

you're a f*cking weirdo anyway, you'll be back to trolling this site after our next defeat.

Great result today, 3 points of 6th now, 4 off 5th.

i'm not very good at quoting but someone posted this on the build up thread - good insight :

"Been reading the match preview pull out in today's Echo and really struck me how United just don't concede at home (and likewise we don't score away) this game looks set to be 0-0 or 1-0 either way, unfortunately De Gea often seems to have a match winning performance against us.

What is promising is the teams United have failed to beat at home gives us confidence, drawing 0-0 with Newcastle , West Ham and losing 2-1 at home to Norwich.

If it comes down to a game of few chances let's hope for once we take ours, Austin on for last 30 mins to win the game would be the script for me"