January Player Of The Month

SNSUN

If my memory is correct the old Saints forum that was run by KL there was a player of the month award as voted for by the members and the winner was presented with a Saints forum mug, could be wrong I'm sure there are others who will remember.

If my memory is correct the old Saints forum that was run by KL there was a player of the month award as voted for by the members and the winner was presented with a Saints forum mug, could be wrong I'm sure there are others who will remember.

That would be good to do (paid members only? otherwise too many trolls could muck it up).

Long I think is the man to get it this month.

Maybe slightly left of field, but I'd give it to Targett. He's come back into the team, in a new position, looked solid, assisted at least one goal, was unlucky not to score another and hasn't looked out of place at all. In fact at the moment, I'd be disappointed if he wasn't on the team sheet in that position.

It is interesting that VVD never gets a mention here nor in the press. He has an almost languid gait that is somewhat deceptive, as he is a brick wall, but to me he is our best and most consistent player

Agreed. He got my motm vote at Old Trafford - as poor as United were, every time they did look threatening it was invariably VVD that snuffed out the danger.

Given that when he first joined his reputation (and even hints of it from his first couple of months) was 'does great things but error prone', its good that he is almost an unsung hero now!

I still think JWP would have nailed this had he played against Watford, for his 2 goals against WBA and the key assist in the winning goal at Old Trafford, but it has to be Long again from what I've seen. From squad player to Key player.

• 3 weeks later...

Tiggs has really stepped up recently versus some iffy displays start of the season.

Wonder if they were linked to the team being a bit under par or him not being a brilliant 1v1 defender and lacking a yard of pace (like Fox) that Shaw and Bertrand have?

Certainly better to come into the side a bit further forward.

Think young Matthew has been a key component to the new team set up, he has taken to his new role very comfortably, so fair play to the lad for picking up the award.

He's gone from a guaranteed backup to a useful option, depending on the formation.