What teams do you go to watch apart from Saints?

kwsaint

None. Basically am not interested in other teams, save for when I lived abroad I used to occasionally go and watch my local Ligue 1 team. But even then it felt a little hollow. I used to be taken as a nipper down to Dean Court once in a blue moon when we weren't playing at home, but they are a very dim and distant memory.

Maidstone United. Will be going to see them away at Oxford City next Saturday. I was hoping Chelsea at home would get moved for tv so I could go to Havant vs Maidstone on 27th Feb but it wasn't to be.

If they are playing too far away I'll go and watch Eastleigh or Sholing depending on who is at home. I'll be at Eastleigh vs Wrexham on Saturday.

I just like going to football and would rather stand on the terrace at a non league game than sit at home watching Champions League on tv.

I've started going to see Cambridge United play which was a right laugh. Was just wondering what other clubs people watch due to it not being possible to travel to see Saints or on the days when Saints are away.

Good choice. I was invited to do the halftime summary for the hospital radio there in 1971. Cambridge Utd v S****horpe, 1-1 draw. The number 10 for S****horpe put himself about a bit and looked very lively, some chap called Kevin Keegan. I think the ball was kicked out of the ground about 27 times.

I very occasionally go to watch Bournemouth. It's quite relaxing watching a game when you don't care about the result.

I watch Crewe quite a bit and am a member. My lad and I can sit in great seats for £25 for us both. We can park for free, get a coffee for £1.50, get close to the players who put in a proper shift. I know it's league one and they are bottom but it's refreshing to watch

Crewe is my hometown team so I've always had some sort of hometown allegiance to them. I was saints mascot when we played at Gresty Road in the championship. Also Wrexham because its my mums hometown and my friend from school supported them.

Watched Hereford United when I lived there and Terry Paine played for them ruled the midfield.

Since then in terms of live matches , Saints or no-one.

On TV, wildly support any team against Man Utd. Have moved on from hating Spurs, who are now a good team and Poch is a good manager. Blasé about Liverpool now. Interesting manager, think they will improve bit still average.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'd like to watch Millwall, but I am too scared.

No problem there if your team are not playing them. My son and sat in the home end a few weeks ago, my son with his Saints hat on. We simply told the locals that we had been to see Charlton earlier in the day and walked out early because the were "rubbish" and we were their best mates! Some lad about six taught my son some words he had never heard before and the following week we were linked to their goalkeeper.

We often take in other games at home and abroad when Saints are away at a game we are not going to. As Whitey says, it's good fun watching a game you are not worried about the result in.

No problem there if your team are not playing them. My son and sat in the home end a few weeks ago, my son with his Saints hat on. We simply told the locals that we had been to see Charlton earlier in the day and walked out early because the were "rubbish" and we were their best mates! Some lad about six taught my son some words he had never heard before and the following week we were linked to their goalkeeper.

We often take in other games at home and abroad when Saints are away at a game we are not going to. As Whitey says, it's good fun watching a game you are not worried about the result in.

You are incredibly positive, Pete!

I was being silly of course - I have a soft spot for Millwall having lived in the manor for 20 years before moving to the country.

ah, lovely Cork, birth place of the incredible Christy Ring! (OK, it was County Cork, I know). My hero as a boy.

Funny you should mention the legendary Christy Ring norm, because I've just moved back to the city after spending almost a decade living in his birthplace village of Cloyne (which is sh*t btw).

Thankfully the Cork-Southampton route is being reinstated this year, so much better chance for me to get to SMS after a ridiculously long hiatus. Can't wait; )

Good choice. I was invited to do the halftime summary for the hospital radio there in 1971. Cambridge Utd v S****horpe, 1-1 draw. The number 10 for S****horpe put himself about a bit and looked very lively, some chap called Kevin Keegan. I think the ball was kicked out of the ground about 27 times.

I very occasionally go to watch Bournemouth. It's quite relaxing watching a game when you don't care about the result.

Well it was only because of uni that I decided to go. There was definitely an occasion when the ball was kicked onto Newmarket Road and didn't seem to return. I agree though, to watch a game and think "I don't really care what the result is" is a refreshing feeling.

I go to Bordeaux sometimes, if they have a decent afternoon, or early evening kick-off. The normal kick-off over here is 8pm on a Saturday which means I wouldn't get home till gone midnight.

Saw them play Caen last year and I thought they were playing too many Hollywood passes all game, that kept getting intercepted. Turns out that it was Kante cutting everything out, just like he does at Leicester.

Hereford United and Ajax since I'm living in Amsterdam. Hereford since I'm born and bred there went to watch the mighty bulls when we had Chris price (later villa) Darren Peacock (Blackburn/Newcastle fame), will still go when I'm back even though we are now in the midland premier league as Hereford FC which is the 9th division and scoring a tonne of goals and getting crowds of 4000 [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched England at the New Wembley once but strangely felt numb throughout it, just not like a Saints match.

I can fully understand this. Whilst at university (in the days of St John and Hunt) I went to watch Liverpool play Leicester and Juventus and felt complete indifference to what was happening on the pitch. I found that I was missing Paine and Sydenham!

I go and watch my local team North Shields if Saints aren't clashing. I even missed the Leicester game last season to go watch them win the FA Vase @ Wembley.

Today was going to be my 1st Robins away game @ Morpeth in the Vase but it got postponed (again) due to Waterlogged Pitch