Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Its rare you get the chance to give a final thanks to players after they have left. They normally move on in the summer and you never know at the time that they are playing the last game for your club. I am really looking forward to a proper celebration of some players and a manager who really gave me some great memories..obviously including SKD.

I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Oh and to have MLT have the kit on again for a pen shoot out against Rickie is the icing on the cake!

Should get Lard along as well. :D

I was going to go.....to show my appreciation to KD etc.....

The fact Nigel is there doesn't make any difference.

He will be applauded as much as anyone....he played his part.

It will serve to show the strength of the squad he had at his disposal.....and still came up a little short.

Ironic he can spare his services as he's just been sacked for not being upto it....again.

Its rare you get the chance to give a final thanks to players after they have left. They normally move on in the summer and you never know at the time that they are playing the last game for your club. I am really looking forward to a proper celebration of some players and a manager who really gave me some great memories..obviously including SKD.

I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Oh and to have MLT have the kit on again for a pen shoot out against Rickie is the icing on the cake!

Well said. It'll be a real occasion for many people, especially those fans who turned up to watch Saints....when we were struggling to get out of the bottom four in L1 in 2009.

Of course you can't compare todays squad with a team of lower league players who are all over 30 and past their prime.....but without the effort they put in we might not be in the Prem. today.......and besides it's for a great club servant and a good cause.

Real shame Morgan can't play, he was a huge part of it too. It's a pretty poor promotions 11 without him, Lallana, Chamberlain or Guly.

Heard Lallana, Chamberlin and Morgan were all going to be in attendance just not playing for obvious reasons.

Now United are playing tomorrow that rules out Schneiderlin

One day to go. Anyone know the sales so far?

Heard Lallana, Chamberlin and Morgan were all going to be in attendance just not playing for obvious reasons.

Looking at the online site would expect Itchen centre/Kingsland to sell out, with Northam all but full with walk up sales. Probably end up just shy of 20,000.

I was going to go.....to show my appreciation to KD etc.....

The fact Nigel is there doesn't make any difference.

He will be applauded as much as anyone....he played his part.

It will serve to show the strength of the squad he had at his disposal.....and still came up a little short.

Ironic he can spare his services as he's just been sacked for not being upto it....again.

You try very hard to be a absolute knobber and make a great success of it...

Amazed Puncheon is playing with their cup final. His journey with us wasn't all plain sailing but he left us on fairly good terms.

I don't recall seeing Richard Chaplow's name mentioned. Will he be playing? It'd be a native shame if not, he was a huge part of our successes.

I don't recall seeing Richard Chaplow's name mentioned. Will he be playing? It'd be a native shame if not, he was a huge part of our successes.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

The Promotions Eleven has received another boost!

Former #SaintsFC midfielder @Rchap04 is set for #SKD10:

^ See Above :)

The fact Lallana is in the Euro Cup Final the following night would rule him out as well.

Hmm, so the wife took one look, said "Billy Sharp!!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!!" and bought herself... and me... a ticket. So I'll be there despite my previous reservations about the whole thing. And seeing as I'm going now, may as well enjoy it. :)

Well I expected sales to be doing a lot better than that after the Palace game. Pretty p*ss poor to be honest, I feel bad for Kelvin and the lads returning who might get the impression we've already forgotten who they are.

How are they doing?

Can anyone sum up who will play tomorrow, please?

Manager: Nigel Adkins

Squad

Kelvin Davis

Bartosz Bialkowski

Danny Butterfield

Frazer Richardson

Aaron Martin

Chris Perry

José Fonte

Radhi Jaïdi

Dan Harding

Dean Hammond

Paul Wotton

Richard Chaplow

Jack Cork

Jason Puncheon

Lee Barnard

Jonathan Forte

Billy Sharp

Rickie Lambert

Also a penalty shootout between Rickie and Matt Le Tiss for which Kelvin will be goalkeeper.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

Well I expected sales to be doing a lot better than that after the Palace game. Pretty p*ss poor to be honest, I feel bad for Kelvin and the lads returning who might get the impression we've already forgotten who they are.

No one has forgotten who they are.

Should have made it cheaper

Thank you

Manager: Nigel Adkins

Squad

Kelvin Davis

Bartosz Bialkowski

Danny Butterfield

Frazer Richardson

Aaron Martin

Chris Perry

José Fonte

Radhi Jaïdi

Dan Harding

Dean Hammond

Paul Wotton

Richard Chaplow

Jack Cork

Jason Puncheon

Lee Barnard

Jonathan Forte

Billy Sharp

Rickie Lambert

Also a penalty shootout between Rickie and Matt Le Tiss for which Kelvin will be goalkeeper.

Got to remember 10K of our current fan base never bothered to turn up pre PL so this probably doesn't appeal to 1/3rd of the people who turn up at SMS these days

And I wondered why I rarely came on this site anymore, I've remembered now I've read this thread!!

What's more I'm sure I'll end up next to one of the whinging aresholes tonight as well! Who will go just so they can complain throughout the game.

This is a chance to celebrate a loyal servant to the club, to say thank you to him & to a set of players & manager who gave their heart & soul to our club, who made me as proud as I have ever been of my club. Yes, perhaps they weren't all the most gifted bunch of footballers I've seen in a Saints shirt, but they worked as hard for us as any players I've seen. As a group they were a 'team', just remembering the outpouring of emotions from these players when we got promotion to the Premier League is enough to make my heart pump hard with pride for my team.

Today I'm given the opportunity to say thank you to Kelvin & a set of players who helped make the club get to the level we're at today.

Yet there are people on here who moan about pricing, quality & anything else they can think of! I'm proud of my team but not these pathetic losers who bring shame to my club.

Nice sunny day here at the moment, should help with the walk up if it stays like this and hopefully get over 20k which is a good turn out all things considered. Once you've removed away fans and corporate hospitality there are only about 27k saints fans at normal games, and in our league one days it was a lot less than that.

Has anyone invested in a Kelvin Davis mug or scarf from the club shop yet to mark the occasion? I'll buy a programme, doubles up as a donation to charity so good to support the event.

Stoke virtually sold out the Britannia Stadium for Andy Wilkinson's testimonial last night...then invaded the pitch when he scored in the last minute!

Should be great tonight and don't see how £14 for charity is too expensive.

The crowd at Stoke last night was 16,254 so not exactly sold out, it was £10 a ticket and £5 for over 60s / kids. I think we'll definitely have a higher crowd than that.

Still some seats available at the front of blocks 43 and 44 for anyone who wants a prime view of the Lambert / Le Tissier penalty shoot out, Kingsland and Itchen stands will be full and the Northam has sold well now, blocks 40, 41, 42, 43 all almost sold out with 44 selling well, the chapel has only had a couple of hundred seats sold it in though.

The crowd at Stoke last night was 16,254 so not exactly sold out, it was £10 a ticket and £5 for over 60s / kids. I think we'll definitely have a higher crowd than that.

Still some seats available at the front of blocks 43 and 44 for anyone who wants a prime view of the Lambert / Le Tissier penalty shoot out, Kingsland and Itchen stands will be full and the Northam has sold well now, blocks 40, 41, 42, 43 all almost sold out with 44 selling well, the chapel has only had a couple of hundred seats sold it in though.

Haha when I read the report it said a "virtually sold out Britannia". Bit of creative license there then!

Sad to note that those stepping up from our Academy (e.g. Chamber, Shaw, Walcott and Ox) are not in the list.

Theo left Saints before Kelvin joined in 2006 (hard to believe it was that long ago). Why would he be involved? Although knowing him he would have been if asked.

Ox is injured so wouldn't be able to play.

Shaw is injured, and only ever played in one FA Cup game in a promotion season.

Chambers never played for the first team until we were in the Premier League, so doesn't qualify for Promotions XI.

Pity that one or two others who were here, such as David Connolly are not participating, and the absence of Guly is a real blow and is probably having a major impact on ticket sales.