Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

He stands at nearly 6 ft 3 Rickie Rickie

He took us to the premier league Rickie Rickie

He gets the ball he takes the **** he wears the shirt of Matt le Tiss

Rickie Lambert Southampton's goal machine

Nanananananananananananannanananananan

Just hope that Super Kelv doesn't get overshadowed on his Big Day, with the return of one of the most popular players ever to wear a Saints Shirt.

I think he'll very much understand. It's almost an unofficial testimonial for SRL as well. I'm sure Kelvin will get an incredible reception, but Rickie is still likely to be the fan favourite for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if this will be covered on the YouTube channel? Looking forward to this match more than any of the remaining three. Although beating Spurs would make for a good change..

Sales so far are poor only Itchen and Northam stands have been made available so far so I would say less than 5,000 sold so far

Pay even more money for more multi-millionaire footballers to take home.

no thanks

the money swashing around football is disgusting.

A friend who I work with is a ST holder at OT. His family have 4 and share them between them if you get me

They have just applied via official routes for 4 tickets for the FA Cup final. Price quoted for the 4 (including booking fee) is £340. Disgusting really

Edited by Batman

no thanks

Apart from the fact that the money will be going to the Liver and Pancreatic Cancer Research & Development Charity, who are based in Southampton.

Edited by marc_saint

no thanks

A friend who I work with is a ST holder at OT. His family have 4 and share them between them if you get me

They have just applied via official routes for 4 tickets for the FA Cup final. Price quoted for the 4 (including booking fee) is £340. Disgusting really

The money is going to charity you moron.

Terrific news about Rickie coming back. Has anybody had any ITK information regarding any other players (THEVMAN)?

Would love to see Adz back and get a great reception from everyone after everything he did. I'm especially excited to see Chappy, Corky, Fraze, The Hoover, Deano, SharpDog & Barney back at St Marys. Reckon Dalo (Stephens) might get a call up for the promotion XI?

If anyone from the club is reading, it would be great half time entertainment to see an equivalent dog race of what normally happens at half time. Alfie (Corkys Portuguese Water Dog) vs Vera & Morrisey (JayRods) Vs Gala (Juanmi's). Think it would be an exciting spectacle.

Terrific news about Rickie coming back. Has anybody had any ITK information regarding any other players (THEVMAN)?

Would love to see Adz back and get a great reception from everyone after everything he did. I'm especially excited to see Chappy, Corky, Fraze, The Hoover, Deano, SharpDog & Barney back at St Marys. Reckon Dalo (Stephens) might get a call up for the promotion XI?

If anyone from the club is reading, it would be great half time entertainment to see an equivalent dog race of what normally happens at half time. Alfie (Corkys Portuguese Water Dog) vs Vera & Morrisey (JayRods) Vs Gala (Juanmi's). Think it would be an exciting spectacle.

I'm still hoping Chamberlain comes down and plays.

no thanks

Not that this has anything to do with the actual thread, but are you saying you wouldn't pay £85 for an FA Cup final ticket?

Not that this has anything to do with the actual thread, but are you saying you wouldn't pay £85 for an FA Cup final ticket?

I would but that is not the point. It is a disgusting price in isolation

£340 for a family of 4 to go and watch a game. Of course they will pay it as it is what it is and dont want to miss out.

That will be out of loyalty and nothing remotely to do with value for money. IMO

I would but that is not the point. It is a disgusting price in isolation

£340 for a family of 4 to go and watch a game. Of course they will pay it as it is what it is and dont want to miss out.

That will be out of loyalty and nothing remotely to do with value for money. IMO

Misses the point imo. £85 for an FA Cup final is a better value day out than £40 to watch Watford away

no thanks

Oh **** off you utter dicksplash. The money will go to charity, probably the Saints foundation.

Edit - just saw which charity above, also saw you completely ignored it.

Would imagine there will be a large walk up. Only takes a bit of bad weather to put people off walking up though.

I suppose a lot of people buy tickets before/after home games so we might see an influx then. Especially after the last game of the season.

Good pricing and the chance to see some fan favourites should see a decent turn out I suppose.

Would be awful if this only gets 10/15k there...should be a sold out stadium. What was that game a few years ago which was completely irrelevant, against ex saints. That got a pretty much full stadium IIRC...

bet if it was a £5er a head it would be sold out.

Just cost of going to football (regardless of where the money goes after) is too high.

Just an example; Tim pointing out what value for money it is spending £80 on a football ticket to go to wembley compare to £40 to go to watford

Just cost of going to football (regardless of where the money goes after) is too high.

Just an example; Tim pointing out what value for money it is spending £80 on a football ticket to go to wembley compare to £40 to go to watford

£14 to see some Saints legends play again (although cult hero is probably more appropriate for a lot of the promotion team) and see off Davis is not all that much money though?

It is also a charitable cause after all.

Cinema ticket - £10-12 (standard seat, non-3D), £14 (standard seat, 3D), £18 (premier seat, IMAX)

Gig - £10 (new band/comedian), £20 (mid-sized act), £30-£70+ (mainstream act)

Theatre - £20-£200+

I'm really not sure your issue is with football so much as modern entertainment pricing in general. Refuse to see how £14 (with the public fully aware that proceeds are going to charity, FFS) doesn't represent value for money. Especially compared with how far that money would get you elsewhere.

Edited by ant

Didn't realise they'd opened the Northam now. That's good news. Just got 12 tickets. Surprised people aren't snapping these up but could do with some more pushing by the club and the Daily Echo.

the club is doing it's best various articles on website and twitter

Cinema ticket - £10-12 (standard seat, non-3D), £14 (standard seat, 3D), £18 (premier seat, IMAX)

Gig - £10 (new band/comedian), £20 (mid-sized act), £30-£70+ (mainstream act)

Theatre - £20-£200+

I'm really not sure your issue is with football so much as modern entertainment pricing in general. Refuse to see how £14 (with the public fully aware that proceeds are going to charity, FFS) doesn't represent value for money. Especially compared with how far that money would get you elsewhere.

He never pays to go and see a match anyway. Prefers to dribble all over his screen, venting his spleen about Pelle.

Awh. Can't wait to see you too, big guy!

no thanks

Absolute bullshxx you don't have a friend

The money is going to charity you moron.

they could just let in everyone for free and donate twice that much to charity without making a dent. Just to say thanks for all the custom been put into the club (and the players deep pockets) in what is a kick-a-bout with nothing no points or prizes to win

saints have made Kelvin a multi-millionaire. For the last few years, for doing very little. How about the fans pay more and the club send a slice to charity....nice one

I remember when Claus had his testimonial...didn't money come from his own pocket to get the game on?

Edited by Batman

they could just let in everyone for free and donate twice that much to charity without making a dent. Just to say thanks for all the custom been put into the club (and the players deep pockets) in what is a kick-a-bout with nothing no points or prizes to win

saints have made Kelvin a multi-millionaire. For the last few years, for doing very little. How about the fans pay more and the club send a slice to charity....nice one

****ing hell, you're tedious. Don't want to go? Don't go. I doubt anyone will give two ****s.

I remember when Claus had his testimonial...didn't money come from his own pocket to get the game on?

Claus paid for the pitch hire and staffing - nothing out of the ordinary there, I'm sure the group in charge of organising Kelvin's testimonial are doing likewise.

It's taken you 8 hours to cobble that together?

the club is doing it's best various articles on website and twitter

That's great for those that are addicted to their smart phones. My dad had no idea this was happening until I told him a few hours ago. Just doesn't seem much of a big deal is being made of it until they announced Rickie Lambert coming back.

I suppose they'll really be pushing it at the last couple of home games.

(Why are people biting at one of the most obvious trolling attempts ever? Ignore it)

You almost sound jealous - weird

"Adz" ? as in Lallana ?

Is that judas t0sser "Adz" a mate of yours :uhoh:

but no, please stay away "Adz", so the atmosphere isn't ruined.

What's the likelihood of Adkins returning as manager of the promotion side? That would put a few bums on seats too I would venture.

Very likely. If Sheffield United fail to win at Coventry on Saturday or if Barnsley win it will be confirmed that Sheff Utd can't make the play offs, no doubt Kelvin's team are hoping that happens so they can confirm Adkins, Billy Sharp and captain Dean Hammond for the promotions XI. I think Richard Chaplow has already confirmed his attendance.

For me the charity money, entrance fee aspect is less important - I'm glad it's going to charity but I'm hoping I get the chance to show my appreciation for a keeper, club captain who, as legend has it, turned back from signing for West Ham when he heard we had been bought by Markus.

He was great through the lower divisions and is obviously a big character in the dressing room to this day.

If I get the chance to show my appreciation for Adkins, Rickie, Hammond, Jack Cork and the myriad of others who played their part in that incredible climb then I'm even happier..it seems that many left without the fans ever getting the chance to show their gratitude unless they turn up in an away team which is more difficult when the result counts.

This isn't about money..for the players or the charity - it's about, for me, getting the chance to appreciate a great servant and some great players, management and get entertained as a bonus. I really hope that there's a bigger turn out than looks likely so far although I've not ever looked at sales before a testimonial before as a comparison - I'd urge all those who shared the journey to come and enjoy...it's a few pints cost to get in.