Can we PAY Arsenal/Tottenham to take Wanyama away from us?

Singapore Saint

Was a reckless challenge, but never a red. So can't be pointing too much of a finger at Victor, as he's been solid recently. It is Clattenburg you should be angry with. Bryam's challenge was just as bad and didn't get a red, so he was even non-consistent. Really dislike Clattenburg when he referees our matches, never seem to get anything.. apart from today of course! Which was an outstanding defensive performance.

Everytime I watch Mark Clattenberg in action, the decisions he makes and the way he conducts himself on the pitch, and I can help but think that here a is egotist who is seeking to be the centre of attention at all times and may even see himself as more important that the players are. Indeed, I wouldn't be the least surprised to learn that deep down he once wanted to be a top player himself but doubtless lacked the required talent. None of that would really matter very much if he were a brilliant at his job - but I'm far from convinced that he is.

As for our Victor, the expression ''he needs to have a good hard look at himself'' comes to mind. So the purchase of some kind of mirror would seem to be in order then ...

He missed the ball by a fraction. He's a destroyer, there are risks that come with his style but we need his aggression. He was playing well until the red card. I criticized him when he was going through a rough patch but today Clattenburg failed him and allowed the west ham players to sway his mind.

Not a red card but Clattenberg should never have had a decision to make. Not the first time he's cost us (or nearly cost us) by committing a needless foul.

All his hard work up to that point undone by a moment of stupidity.

It was only a foul. Never a red.

From where I was sat it looked a pretty awful tackle and I wasn't at all surprised when the red came out. That said Clattenburg is a knob, he thinks he is the centre of attention every time he refs and wants to put himself in the spotlight above the players.

Just glad Clattenburg was also crap when it came to giving the absolutely bolted on penalty against Yoshida for tripping the West Ham striker near the goal-line in the first half. And also didn't give the penalty for handball they appealed for late on, too. Didn't think it was a red, stupid tackle, probably a yellow, the rolling over and 3 West Ham players running up to him caused it as much as the tackle.

1) Wanyama commits foul

2) Clattenburg reaches to yellow card pocket

3) Clattenburg sees Payet rolling around

4) Wanyama gets red

They were playing up this narrative in the commentary too, but I noticed later in the game he booked Valencia and his yellow card was in his back pocket (bum) and not his breast pocket, so I think he just lost track of which upper pocket he put his red in (vs his notebook perhaps?).

For the record, I thought it should have been a yellow.

Just glad Clattenburg was also crap when it came to giving the absolutely bolted on penalty against Yoshida for tripping the West Ham striker near the goal-line in the first half. And also didn't give the penalty for handball they appealed for late on, too. Didn't think it was a red, stupid tackle, probably a yellow, the rolling over and 3 West Ham players running up to him caused it as much as the tackle.

That wasn't a pen. For one thing their player took two more steps after Yoshida made contact with his foot and he clearly only went down once he was able to make the conscious decision to do so.

That wasn't a pen. For one thing their player took two more steps after Yoshida made contact with his foot and he clearly only went down once he was able to make the conscious decision to do so.

He tripped him in the box (ended up sliding off on all fours I think) when there was no reason to be anywhere near him as the ball was going off the pitch.

Consistency is the key.

Wanyama's first touch was poor, the ball was taken from him, he dived in two footed from behind and didn't get the ball, arguable a yellow but he gave Clattenburg a decision to make. It was stupid. However, Valencia's challenge was just as bad in the grand scheme of things.

Clattenburg loves the attention and getting his face on tv. Another ref and a 3pm kick off and he might have got away with a yellow, but the point still stands, don't give the ref the opportunity to send you off!

Just glad Clattenburg was also crap when it came to giving the absolutely bolted on penalty against Yoshida for tripping the West Ham striker near the goal-line in the first half.

Wasn't that a case of either a penalty or a yellow card? Giving nothing was the worst decision of all.

Hope his legs get snapped in half when he leaves. Let this club down for a 4th time this season. ****.

I don't know if that is sarcasm or if you are a troll (I don't really bother looking at usernames). But if it was neither, I have a few questions...

- What if VW stays at saints until retirement?

- What would you like to happen to Clattenberg?

- At the start of the season did you think that VW would get more red/yellow cards than the average player?

Consistency is the key.

Wanyama's first touch was poor, the ball was taken from him, he dived in two footed from behind and didn't get the ball, arguable a yellow but he gave Clattenburg a decision to make. It was stupid. However, Valencia's challenge was just as bad in the grand scheme of things.

Clattenburg loves the attention and getting his face on tv. Another ref and a 3pm kick off and he might have got away with a yellow, but the point still stands, don't give the ref the opportunity to send you off!

It was neither two-footed nor from behind, it was a sliding tackle across the player and with his right leg swinging (and missing) the ball.

There was also a tackle from behind on a Saints player just as bad which may have been Valencia. And Bertrand did Byram a favour by staying on his feet after the studding onto the top of his foot with the ball nowhere.

Not a red card but Clattenberg should never have had a decision to make. Not the first time he's cost us (or nearly cost us) by committing a needless foul.

All his hard work up to that point undone by a moment of stupidity.

Yes but the moment of stupidity was Clattenbergs not Wanyama's. Wanyama went for the ball missing int by 1000's of an inch and took the player out. Clattenberg was indecisive and was swayed by the West Ham players.should be downgraded to a yellow card by the FA automatically.

Bolted on pen?

Both Gary Monk and Jamie Redknapp in the Sky studio said it was never a pen. And as they pointed out with the benefit of the replays, Valencia initially planted his left foot into Yoshida that unbalanced him and caused the subsequent trip. Was there a shout for a pen? Perhaps. But that's a million miles from saying it was bolted on...

But hey why listen to a couple of dispassionate ex-pros when we've got a complete numptie with a hard-on for a player offering his opinion?