Florin Gardos

JackFrost

He is doing individual training. Probably play U21s soon.

Must say, I wasnt overly sold on him last season. He had some good games but also looked shaky at times.

Probably about the same level as Maya. Certainly feel we could get a better 3rd CB in the summer.

We need to be looking for Fonte's successor this summer. Fonte's age will become a factor in the next couple of years and we need to be prepared for it when it happens rather than at the next transfer window.

He is doing individual training. Probably play U21s soon.

Must say, I wasnt overly sold on him last season. He had some good games but also looked shaky at times.

Probably about the same level as Maya. Certainly feel we could get a better 3rd CB in the summer.

Agree with that bit,

but tbf for someone new to the Prem. he didn't get a lot of game time and with the form of Schneiderlin and Alderweireld at the time, he wasn't likely to get much more....

I think Yoshi and Gardos re about the right level for back up CBs for a club our size. They are both decent centre halves who are happy to compete for places but don't throw they toys out if they are second fiddle to Fonte and VvD.

Pretty much everyone looks 'shaky' when they are playing intermittently. Given a run in the side Yoshida has been pretty good for us, playing at CB and Gardos had some excellent games too, like the win at Old Trafford.

I'd take them over someone like Jakobsson, Davenport or Higginbotham any day.

• 7 months later...
Back in the team?.....has he ever been in it?

well ....he played 17 games in all competitions in his first season. .and then had a major injury problem.

Getting past Toby Alderweireld was probably " a bridge too far " for him, and just now I can't see him outpointing VvD on present form.

He'll be 28 at the end of October, so he should be mature enough for our back line - don't you think?

He never looked as shaky as Caulker so is definitely an upgrade on him!

he did at Sheff United in that infamous cup game. Woeful display, but I agree with other posters that its tough judging players on intermittent displays. Players need a good run in the side to blossom. Whether he really is good enough is hard to say.

he did at Sheff United in that infamous cup game. Woeful display, but I agree with other posters that its tough judging players on intermittent displays. Players need a good run in the side to blossom. Whether he really is good enough is hard to say.

Based on that game, Gardos is as good as Mané.

Shame how people so easily right off players. Somewhat disrespectful.

Remember him performing very well against Arsenal and Man United.

Thoroughly nice guy and very determined. I won't right him off yet.

Certainly not writing him off, he's got a lot of potential, just you can't say he was brilliant before his injury, as he barely played a game. Played very well vs Arsenal and Man Utd, however pretty awful in a few others. Time will tell...

He was recovering well and really fired up but then he went on the Saints Forum.... ... counselling has been prescribed for his set back.

Personally I'm really excited that he will come back and prove everyone wrong. 28? He's got at least 8 years left at this level.

Truth hurts sometimes. Yoshida makes at least one major error per game which often leads to a goal scoring opportunity.

Absolute garbage. He's played 3 times for us this season. Two clean sheets and a 1-1 draw. In 2015/16 he made 27 appearances of which 10 were clean sheets and only 8 of the others resulted in a defeat. I could analyse those games for you too but suspect I would find one, maybe two where mistakes cost us points. I could do and find the same for Fonte, Targett and a few others too if you like.

If you don't like Maya, I can buy that but the reality of his performances is quite different. As others have said, it takes a very special player to come into the side after months on the sidelines / bench and perform to a the high standard that Maya achieves. Puel's rotation system will also benefit him.

Back to Florin, he started really well for us when he first joined. I have no doubt he will be a valuable squad member

Truth hurts sometimes. Yoshida makes at least one major error per game which often leads to a goal scoring opportunity.

No, he makes at least one error per game which leads to Forster having to rush out and make a slightly rushed clearance under pressure. Can't remember the last goal in which Yoshida was directly at fault but it wasn't this season. Meanwhile Fonte has had 3.

No, he makes at least one error per game which leads to Forster having to rush out and make a slightly rushed clearance under pressure. Can't remember the last goal in which Yoshida was directly at fault but it wasn't this season. Meanwhile Fonte has had 3.

Can't argue with that, but over the past 3-4 years Yoshida is still ahead by however many games he's played minus 3.

Can anybody tell me if he's played a game at any level in the past year?

No, injured in Feyenoord preseason game July 2015. Predicted then to be out 7 months (all season), suffered some sort of set back preseason. Doesn't seem to have travelled to Israel, Stephens is clearly backup for this game. Would expect an u23 run out for Florin soon.

The silence from Saints is very odd. I know he's not a first choice centre back but you would have thought club would realise fans like to be kept a little bit updated on his progress / recovery. Makes you wonder if there is more to it.

He can be seen in numerous training videos with the 1st team squad for over a month.

He can be seen in numerous training videos with the 1st team squad for over a month.

Club have been very quiet on his recovery since day 1. Came back, then supposedly got injured again. I think local media reported knee injury but I don't recall anything from Saints directly. Maybe he's just struggling to get fit enough to play a u23 game but just seems odd to me

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Club have been very quiet on his recovery since day 1. Came back, then supposedly got injured again. I think local media reported knee injury but I don't recall anything from Saints directly. Maybe he's just struggling to get fit enough to play a u23 game but just seems odd to me

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

You're right, it very odd all round. Why show of photos of him training but not comment on his progress ?

Maybe the conspiracy theorists on here can come up with something :suspicious: