Giroud / Payet Song

Kingsland Red

It seems all clubs in the Premier League now sing the same songs from the Great Premier League Songbook, OWTS being probably the best example.

When I found myself wandering home after the Clattenburg Show humming that Giroud / Payet song, to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart, by Billy Ray Cyrus, I tried to get a Saints midfield / attacking player into it, but struggled - Classie, Romeu? It must be possible...

We've got {player's surname}

{player's full name}

I just don't think you understand

He's {team manager}'s man

He's better than Zidane

We've got {player's full name}

Edited by Kingsland Red

Thought that was what they were singing, or rather along those lines. I can never hear properly which is fine. But singing about Payet, well, looking how he performed, I thought it was a little misplaced.

But anything is better than "You're ****ing shiit"

It seems all clubs in the Premier League now sing the same songs from the Great Premier League Songbook, OWTS being probably the best example.

When I found myself wandering home after the Clattenburg Show humming that Giroud / Payet song, to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart, by Billy Ray Cyrus, I tried to get a Saints midfield / attacking player into it, but struggled - Classie, Romeu? It must be possible...

We've got {Clasie}

{Jooordy Clasie}

He's {Ronald Koeman}'s man

He's better than Zidane

We've got {Jordy Clasieeeee}

Clasieeeee

How about to the tune of "Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack"

[h=1]Hey Jimmy, Jimmy,

Oh Jimmy Mack, when are you comin' back.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Oh Jimmy Mack, you better hurry back.

[/h]

My arms are missing you

My lips feel the same way tooooo

[h=1]I tried so hard to be true, like I promised to do.

But this boy keeps comin' around,

tryin' to wear my resistance down.

Hey Jimmy, Jimmy,

Oh Jimmy Mack, when are you comin' back.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Oh Jimmy Mack, you better hurry back.

​Could change it to be about a Saints player if you wish but I reckon just stick with the original.

[/h]

There are some classic songs that have surprisingly never been used as football anthems. For example 'I'll never fall in love again' by Dionne Warwick (also covered by Deacon Blue) has always struck me as a potentially great anti-West Ham song! It would go something like this:

How does it feel to be West Ham, when Southampton come burst your bubbles?

That's what you'll get for all your troubles - I'd never be a West Ham fan! (or... I'm following the SFC!)

Or what about 'Come on Eileen!' by Dexy's Midnight Runners - that may have been used a little (though I'm not sure who was sung about) but it could be used so much more: 'Come on Clasie, Te-Loo-rah-eh, Come on Clasie, Te-loo-rah-eh,...' etc. or 'Ronald Koeman and Southampton, Ronald Koeman and Southampton,...' etc.)

Other songs that could be good include:

The Wall - Pink Floyd ('We don't need no Lionel Messi, We don't need no Ronaldo. We've got Charlie, Fonte, Van Dijk, we've got Koeman running the show, Hey Tottenham, leave our kids alone... all in all we're just the greatest team in Hampshire!..)

Stay With Me - Sam Smith (replace the title words simply with 'Southampton' for example!)

It Must Be Love - Madness (E.g. It must be Ryan Bertrand... nothing more, nothing less, Bertrand's the best!)

I'm sure ether are loads more! :)

West Ham have given Payet a 5 year contract on £125k a week. He's 29 in a month. Bloody hell...

Weak owners. He is 7 months through a 5 year contract, and they have bottled it as soon as his agent started making a noise. Thought he was fairly average against us, but good luck to him for having mugged off West Ham.

There are some classic songs that have surprisingly never been used as football anthems. For example 'I'll never fall in love again' by Dionne Warwick (also covered by Deacon Blue) has always struck me as a potentially great anti-West Ham song! It would go something like this:

How does it feel to be West Ham, when Southampton come burst your bubbles?

That's what you'll get for all your troubles - I'd never be a West Ham fan! (or... I'm following the SFC!)

Or what about 'Come on Eileen!' by Dexy's Midnight Runners - that may have been used a little (though I'm not sure who was sung about) but it could be used so much more: 'Come on Clasie, Te-Loo-rah-eh, Come on Clasie, Te-loo-rah-eh,...' etc. or 'Ronald Koeman and Southampton, Ronald Koeman and Southampton,...' etc.)

Other songs that could be good include:

The Wall - Pink Floyd ('We don't need no Lionel Messi, We don't need no Ronaldo. We've got Charlie, Fonte, Van Dijk, we've got Koeman running the show, Hey Tottenham, leave our kids alone... all in all we're just the greatest team in Hampshire!..)

Stay With Me - Sam Smith (replace the title words simply with 'Southampton' for example!)

It Must Be Love - Madness (E.g. It must be Ryan Bertrand... nothing more, nothing less, Bertrand's the best!)

I'm sure ether are loads more! :)

ha. would love to hear "hey, tottenham, leave our kids alone" being sung away at white hart lane

The "dance" song called Somebody to Love came on in a bar I was in before the Arsenal game - surprised it's not been turned into a football chant as I'm sure you could get a players name in there. (

)

Also...one which has been mooted over the last 18 months....."Mane's on fire, your defence is terrified Mane's on fire...nananananananana nananana nananana" (Freed from desire -

)

Weak owners. He is 7 months through a 5 year contract, and they have bottled it as soon as his agent started making a noise. Thought he was fairly average against us, but good luck to him for having mugged off West Ham.

Was apparently to fend off the Chinese interest. Agree ridiculous though and he might just turn out to be a Michu type one season wonder. Lots of bigger clubs have avoided because of attitude problems.

"Brave investment in the team" I believe they call it.

Something clueless, penny pinching skintflint Les and that money grabbing big German woman wouldn't know the first thing about. And boy are we reaping what they've sown now with our bargain basement tat replacements.

#negativenetspend

#whycantwebelikepalaceorsomething

• 1 month later...

Well I never, Think Clasie would be better. Also would work well with Mr Koeman :lol:

We've got Koemaaaan

Ronald Koemaaan

He's Lezzy Reeds man

He's better than Slaven

We've got Ronald Koemaaan

Sing that next time we play the Hammers ;)

• 1 month later...

Guy who started this got a free season ticket.

Will Grigg's on fire, your defence is terrified

that tune is coming to a ground near you. Loads of fans are singing it now

Could hear it all round Plymouth city centre on sunday (Jamille Matt's on fire)

that tune is coming to a ground near you. Loads of fans are singing it now

Could hear it all round Plymouth city centre on sunday (Jamille Matt's on fire)

Hopefully complete with dad dancing as in video.

TBF catchy little number

Jesus wept.

From toons by a mulleted millionaire and father of an exhibitionist wrecking ball to the type of loved up tosh you'd probably hear in Heaven on a Friday night, what is the world coming to.

Edited by shurlock

So, thoughts on our Koeman chant to the tune of that "We love you" chant Palace have?

:scared:

Our 'brightest and bestest' were singing that at WHL a few weeks ago (the chant at least, not sure if it was for Koeman).

Edited by shurlock

So, thoughts on our Koeman chant to the tune of that "We love you" chant Palace have?

:scared:

Absolutely f*cking shocking, such a terrible song and i think it was started by that ***** in the stupid hat that seems to hang around anyone he can find at away games.