Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

He's played well, but even Kelvin had some outstanding performances. Is he really the man to step in if Fraser gets injured? Stekelenberg is not a good as Fraser, but has played at the top level a long time, and would be the better back up - but I'm assuming this link hints at Stek not staying on?

TIERNEY PENS NEW CELTIC DEAL

Celtic have secured highly rated young left-back Kieran Tierney on a five-year contract, the Scottish champions have announced.

The likes of Liverpool and Arsenal had been linked with the 19-year-old after his extraordinary breakthrough season in the Celtic first team.

But new manager Brendan Rodgers has moved quickly to tie the Scotland international to a longer deal.

He's played well, but even Kelvin had some outstanding performances. Is he really the man to step in if Fraser gets injured? Stekelenberg is not a good as Fraser, but has played at the top level a long time, and would be the better back up - but I'm assuming this link hints at Stek not staying on?

McGovern is as good as Stek. He was on loan anyway so would assume he has already gone

likewise. I've not seen a lot of him, but whenever I have he's looked handy. Is he better than we have? Tough to sign players at this upper level without spending a small fortune, but there are gems out there that just stare you in the face. Maybe he is one of those?

:nod::thumbup:

Not been able to translate this - I believe it says we want Thomas Partey to replace Vic?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/atletico-madrid/20160622/402694457417/southampton-quiere-thomas.html

We were linked to him last summer as well I think.

The jist of it is that saints, as well as other clubs are interested in him, but he wants to stay at Atletico and fight for a place in the team.

Edited by Bewildered

We were linked to him last summer as well I think.

The jist of it is that saints, as well as other clubs are interested in him, but he wants to stay at Atletico and fight for a place in the team.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I certainly remember the name.

We dont need Joe Allen, he's no better than what we have and no different either, basically he's another Clasie/JWP. We need a Wanyama replacement.

Also if we lose Mane and take a Liverpool reject I think we can forget any talk of 'ambition' because that is clearly not showing it. Not that I think Allen is a particularly bad player, just don't think he improves our squad.

We dont need Joe Allen, he's no better than what we have and no different either, basically he's another Clasie/JWP. We need a Wanyama replacement.

Also if we lose Mane and take a Liverpool reject I think we can forget any talk of 'ambition' because that is clearly not showing it. Not that I think Allen is a particularly bad player, just don't think he improves our squad.

Joe Allen is much better than Clasie and Ward-Prowse.

No one is suggesting Joe Allen as Victors replacement but he is a good player who could do a job better than JWP or Clasie.

Just seen someone say on twitter that L'Equipe are linking us with a move for Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal.

Interesting thing about Boufal is "transfermarkt" lists as comparable players: Ziyech / Praet / Quintero

(All players we've been linked with).

Just seen someone say on twitter that L'Equipe are linking us with a move for Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal.

According to the gospel that is Wikipedia, he plays for both Manchester City AND Spurs. :lol:

That's right, also mentioning a fee of 25-30 million euros, which I'd think was out of our usual league.

Would certainly be our most expensive signing ever..

Joe Allen is much better than Clasie and Ward-Prowse.

He really isn't.

He made 19 appearances in the league for Liverpool last year, 11 of which were from the bench, in a team that finished 8th. Would you be happy with us buying a back up midfielder from Stoke?

That Liverpool team is not that good and he couldn't regularly get in it. Why would you think he would improve our team? Clasie is a better and that's a player who was in his first season in the Prem, I reckon he'll be even better this year.

In 4 years at Liverpool the most appearances he's made in the league are 27 and that was his first season.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-sofiane-boufal-lille-plait-a-southampton/699056&prev=search

Source article on Boufal link, says we have made official enquiry to Lille and have been told he will cost 25-30 million euros. Also he suffered a meniscus injury in May that required surgery.

Boufal has been linked to far better teams than us all Summer, don't think we could pull that one off.

If he has a knee injury that will supposedly keep him out for another 4 months I am not sure anyone will spend that kind of money on him this summer. Certainly not us.

He really isn't.

He made 19 appearances in the league for Liverpool last year, 11 of which were from the bench, in a team that finished 8th. Would you be happy with us buying a back up midfielder from Stoke?

That Liverpool team is not that good and he couldn't regularly get in it. Why would you think he would improve our team? Clasie is a better and that's a player who was in his first season in the Prem, I reckon he'll be even better this year.

In 4 years at Liverpool the most appearances he's made in the league are 27 and that was his first season.

If you think Liverpool are at the same level as Stoke you're incredibly deluded.

don't know if posted before but we have enquired about Randolph from West Ham as competition for Forster.

probably rubbish but there you go

was in the Sun

McGovern the Northern Ireland keeper has been linked too.

don't know if posted before but we have enquired about Randolph from West Ham as competition for Forster.

probably rubbish but there you go

was in the Sun

He won't be competition if he comes. Probably billed as it, but in reality he isn't good enough to displace Forster.

Djibril Sidibé being linked.

Guglielmo Cannavale of Sky...

Southampton have contacted Lille for Boufal (but Chelsea lead the race) and Sidibè #saintsfc

Sofiane Boufal - 22 year old attacking midfielder for Lille, scored 14 in 43 and capped for France

Djibril Sidibé - 23-year-old defender who can play RB and LB, 6ft, played over 100 games for Lille already and capped for France at youth levels/U21

Djibril Sidibé being linked.

Guglielmo Cannavale of Sky...

Southampton have contacted Lille for Boufal (but Chelsea lead the race) and Sidibè #saintsfc

Sofiane Boufal - 22 year old attacking midfielder for Lille, scored 14 in 43 and capped for France

Djibril Sidibé - 23-year-old defender who can play RB and LB, 6ft, played over 100 games for Lille already and capped for France at youth levels/U21

Could mean a current LB is off?