Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Now Steau are definitely out, I wonder if we'll see Stanciu sign. ITKs seem to be saying one signing is almost done, Boufall seems to be still deciding on fee, so my guess is Stanciu, especially as he is in the country.

Think the comments from their president gave me hope their was something in this. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yippee great stuff I am over the moon we are signing a current crocked player who disappears when we need him the most our squad is brimming with talent FFS

Is that what you wanted?

Personally I am bothered if it's just him if it's Stanciu as well then fine .

So you really think Les is going to spend 20 mil on a 'crocked' player ? He recovering from an op and will be back in training in the next couple of weeks FFS

...... also VW and Mane would have disappeared in January for Afcon, so I assume you're happy they've gone

Now Steau are definitely out, I wonder if we'll see Stanciu sign. ITKs seem to be saying one signing is almost done, Boufall seems to be still deciding on fee, so my guess is Stanciu, especially as he is in the country.

They had as much chance of overturning a 0-5 as Donald Trump replacing Joe Hart as Mr Head & Shoulders.

It's a Boufal day

Don't let him slip away

It's a Boufal da-ayaaaay

Touch me

Don't go to another place

Reach me

I know Saints are a hopeless case

You are Boufal no matter what they say

Defenders can't bring you down....oh no

You are Boufal in every single way

Yes, defenders can't bring you down, oh, no

So don't you bring me down today

AR-10 said we had one virtually done and another one in advanced talks.

Assuming Boufal is the 1st one, and it's one of the players mentioned in reports recently:

- Sofiane Boufal

- Nicolae Stanciu

- Rachid Ghezzal

- Simone Zaza

- Sebastien Haller

Stanciu is the most likely one based on reports in Romania. But I would assume it would be a striker. We shall see.

Fingers crossed Les & Ross are keeping tabs on a centre-back too, just in-case the Fonte situation escalates.

So you really think Les is going to spend 20 mil on a 'crocked' player ? He recovering from an op and will be back in training in the next couple of weeks FFS

...... also VW and Mane would have disappeared in January for Afcon, so I assume you're happy they've gone

Kenya never qualify.

Just saying.

We're you around when Delgado signed???

With Mane and Wanyama I was happy with what we had for the formation we were playing. At the moment we don't have that and as I have said if we get Stanciu as well then great.

Totally irrelevant I know, but why would Wanyama go to Afcon?

So yippee great stuff I am over the moon we are signing a current crocked player who disappears when we need him the most our squad is brimming with talent FFS

Is that what you wanted?

Personally I am bothered if it's just him if it's Stanciu as well then fine .

My apologies GITR ... just reread your post and noticed the last bit .... I too would be bothered if he was our last signing this window

AR-10 said we had one virtually done and another one in advanced talks.

Assuming Boufal is the 1st one, and it's one of the players mentioned in reports recently:

- Sofiane Boufal

- Nicolae Stanciu

- Rachid Ghezzal

- Simone Zaza

- Sebastien Haller

Stanciu is the most likely one based on reports in Romania. But I would assume it would be a striker. We shall see.

Fingers crossed Les & Ross are keeping tabs on a centre-back too, just in-case the Fonte situation escalates.

I think it's the other way round, Stanciu is the virtually done one, with probably us just waiting for them to be confirmed out of the champions league and Boufal is the advanced talks one as the press still seem to be saying the fee is being discussed.

My apologies GITR ... just reread your post and noticed the last bit .... I too would be bothered if he was our last signing this window

No worries all on edge with what's happening at the moment. This diamond formation needs recruitment and players that can play now.

Momentum was an often used word at Olympics and we need some starting soon and get a bit of trust in Puel and with our summer exodus and rumour.

I remember when we bought Lovren. The Lyon fans couldn't believe we were prepared to pay so much for someone they thought was a liability. They were celebrating. Boufal hasn't been confirmed yet, but this time the Lille fans are singing his praises on social media. Many are very disappointed he is leaving. They think he will shine in the PL.

I remember when we bought Lovren. The Lyon fans couldn't believe we were prepared to pay so much for someone they thought was a liability. They were celebrating. Boufal hasn't been confirmed yet, but this time the Lille fans are singing his praises on social media. Many are very disappointed he is leaving. They think he will shine in the PL.

TBF to them, they probably know a player when they see one too.

Probably need on irrespective of whether Fonte stays.

Agree about a striker though, especially one who can actually score a few.

Speaking of which... Di Marzio reporting West Ham getting closer to signing Zaza: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/west-ham-zaza-is-edging-closer-the-financial-details/

(Loan, with option to buy).

Boufal has been target number 1 ...and so he should be very very talented , when on song unplayable around the box and makes things happen ....Mane with a better technique and natural decision making .

The Zaza deal with West Ham is not done and a Loan is not his current clubs preference , therefore the club with a purchase offer on the table is in the box seat :-) ;-) ;)

Boufal has been target number 1 ...and so he should be very very talented , when on song unplayable around the box and makes things happen ....Mane with a better technique and natural decision making .

The Zaza deal with West Ham is not done and a Loan is not his current clubs preference , therefore the club with a purchase offer on the table is in the box seat :-) ;-) ;)

#ITK_Watch

Hmmm... Interesting winky thing usage there!

A young, talented but pretty inconsistent no.10 who's recovering from a nontrivial injury and coming to a brand new league and country.

What's not to like.

Good to see your natural positivity shining through.

Why on earth would the club want to sign someone like this :

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/20/europe-transfer-targets-under-23-in-demand

http://www.just-football.com/2015/09/top-10-best-ligue-1-young-talents-to-watch-in-2015-16-jf60-youngsters/

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/features/sofiane-boufal-meet-lilles-spurs-scouted-midfielder-whos-throwback-hazard

Exciting times. Just been catching up with today's developments... Could well end up with a v good transfer window after all. There's going to be an infinite amount of golden posts to look back on isn't there! Everything was planned out nicely (the Southampton way) until RK left! That threw everything into the air, especially transfers. Playing our cards right at the end of the window in multiple transfers isn't usually our way! Could be an enjoyable exp for the recruitment team. Caramel Lattes all round.

Never in any doubt...

It's a Boufal day

Don't let him slip away

It's a Boufal da-ayaaaay

Touch me

Don't go to another place

Reach me

I know Saints are a hopeless case

You're Boufal.

You're Boufal.

You're Boufal, it's true.

I saw your face in a crowded place

and I don't know what to do.

'Cause I'll never win with you.

Exciting times. Just been catching up with today's developments... Could well end up with a v good transfer window after all. There's going to be an infinite amount of golden posts to look back on isn't there! Everything was planned out nicely (the Southampton way) until RK left! That threw everything into the air, especially transfers. Playing our cards right at the end of the window in multiple transfers isn't usually our way! Could be an enjoyable exp for the recruitment team. Caramel Lattes all round.

Not on here I hope! [emoji6]

Great news and thanks for the update as ever. Would you be able to say if we are trying to sign more that one attacking midfielder?

We are not about to spend £65m so won't see egg on nobody's face.

Reality we maybe spend circa £30m max and have yet another profitable transfer window.