Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Exciting times. Just been catching up with today's developments... Could well end up with a v good transfer window after all. There's going to be an infinite amount of golden posts to look back on isn't there! Everything was planned out nicely (the Southampton way) until RK left! That threw everything into the air, especially transfers. Playing our cards right at the end of the window in multiple transfers isn't usually our way! Could be an enjoyable exp for the recruitment team. Caramel Lattes all round.

I thought we were putting money aside for the stadium expansion, pal?

Exciting times. Just been catching up with today's developments... Could well end up with a v good transfer window after all. There's going to be an infinite amount of golden posts to look back on isn't there! Everything was planned out nicely (the Southampton way) until RK left! That threw everything into the air, especially transfers. Playing our cards right at the end of the window in multiple transfers isn't usually our way! Could be an enjoyable exp for the recruitment team. Caramel Lattes all round.

Those feels when you read any positive post :D

giphy.gif

those videos are always great, get a bit of music in the background add a few clips and you look like a superstar. Get the forum match and edit a few clips and we have a 10 m player.

He looks skilful but does seem to dive a bit

Like for like replacement then.

Forgot to add, mate got back to work yesterday after a 4 week tour of France and Spain including a trip round the Nou Camp, kudos to the two Saints fans who turned up for the Barcelona stadium tour wearing full replica shirts and shorts and socks, pictures please!

OK, so if it happens and if he makes a full recovery from injury, Boufal could be exactly the spark needed - he looks excellent on Utube. Looks like he plays central, so at the tip of the diamond, so is he in contention for Tadic's place or Davis or who...? It's a valid question - we need to increase the quality up front, not just bolster it by removing one good player for another good player, leaving lesser players in the side. The four best players (IMO) in the diamond - Romeu, Tadic, PEH, Boufal - would that work?

OK, so if it happens and if he makes a full recovery from injury, Boufal could be exactly the spark needed - he looks excellent on Utube. Looks like he plays central, so at the tip of the diamond, so is he in contention for Tadic's place or Davis or who...? It's a valid question - we need to increase the quality up front, not just bolster it by removing one good player for another good player, leaving lesser players in the side. The four best players (IMO) in the diamond - Romeu, Tadic, PEH, Boufal - would that work?

He can play ST, LW, RW or AM

Or Ryan Bertrand

You seem to have been going on and on about Bertrand leaving this window since about three days after he signed his new contract.

Do you need us to renew players contracts every fortnight now to reassure you?

Or Ryan Bertrand

2nd left back we've been linked with recently. Maybe not the end of Bertrand so soon after renewing his contract, but makes you wonder about the severity of his injury.

The source of the Erkin rumour is Di Marzio, so theres a fair chance there is something to it.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/inter-from-southamtpons-interest-in-erkin-to-an-attempt-for-bernardeschi-the-latest/

2nd left back we've been linked with recently. Maybe not the end of Bertrand so soon after renewing his contract, but makes you wonder about the severity of his injury.

The source of the Erkin rumour is Di Marzio, so theres a fair chance there is something to it.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/inter-from-southamtpons-interest-in-erkin-to-an-attempt-for-bernardeschi-the-latest/

Back in training this week

You seem to have been going on and on about Bertrand leaving this window since about three days after he signed his new contract.

Do you need us to renew players contracts every fortnight now to reassure you?

He wants desperately for his Bertrand leaving "ITK" shout to be right.

Wasn't Targett linked with Newcastle earlier in the window? Perhaps they've decided it best for him to go on loan while maintaining our competitiveness by bringing in another quality LB to really pressure Bertrand. But this chap only joined Inter this summer[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for a fact that the thread starting legend that is 9-3, is nothing to do with Charlie and his split personalities.

I stand corrected :thumbup: Slugger started a thread a few weeks ago and the title was 9-3, so I think a few assumed (inc. myself) he'd confused himself and entered the 9-3 username in the thread title field, thinking he was signing in. Whatever the reason, he stopped posting soon after (almost immediately).

Unfortunately Targett isn't at all suited to the diamond. He's definitely competent cover overall, but if Puel wanted better suited cover at RB (Pied), then it's not inconceivable he'd want the same at LB. That being said, I'm happy with Targett as back-up if we can protect him a little (Hojbjerg lost his call with him (against United) on at least one occasion because he wouldn't run in behind/make the angle for a pass behind Valencia. And that'd be a common theme, I reckon (an aversion to getting to the byline).

Unfortunately Targett isn't at all suited to the diamond. He's definitely competent cover overall, but if Puel wanted better suited cover at RB (Pied), then it's not inconceivable he'd want the same at LB. That being said, I'm happy with Targett as back-up if we can protect him a little (Hojbjerg lost his call with him (against United) on at least one occasion because he wouldn't run in behind/make the angle for a pass behind Valencia. And that'd be a common theme, I reckon (an aversion to getting to the byline).

Maybe lost in translation as when Targett and Bertrand played in the 3-5-2 formation target was getting to the byline consistently, perhaps it is the diamond that MT can't quite get his head round?

Interesting and I agree with that, but he's young, has been through the academy and i'd be surprised if he can't adapt. Also, I thought he played well in the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 type formation Koeman adopted last winter. I think he's better suited as a midfielder than a left back and provides some versatility, which could be useful.

Although Sky say we're still 6 m away from an agreement with Lille. I hope they get it done. I really like the look of the lad. Seems to have great feet and genuinely exciting to watch. Only 22 so will improve but looks a real prospect. Only downside seems to be his injury but he's young enough to recover and I guess our medical team know exactly what to look for. Oh and he dives a bit but I'm sure he'd change that once he's in the PL.

Although Sky say we're still 6 m away from an agreement with Lille. I hope they get it done. I really like the look of the lad. Seems to have great feet and genuinely exciting to watch. Only 22 so will improve but looks a real prospect. Only downside seems to be his injury but he's young enough to recover and I guess our medical team know exactly what to look for. Oh and he dives a bit but I'm sure he'd change that once he's in the PL.

Given a choice between Jeremy Wilson and Sky as a source about what's really going on I know which one I'd take. The Telegraph article is pretty definitive. they say our bid has been accepted by Lille. Hopefully it's now just a matter of agreeing all the personal terms and conditions.

Very excited about this one. Most naturally skilled player we've had at Saints in a long, long time, IMO.

Yeh isn't Jeremy Wilson pretty reliable with Saints related stuff?

Do hope it's 3 as Le Goddard is saying, wonder who the other two are? Boufal as a no 10, another striker? or maybe Boufal is being groomed for a forward position and Stanciu might be the no.10, he seems very much our sort of player.

Would still love to see a physical DM come in, like Gonalons.