Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Yeh isn't Jeremy Wilson pretty reliable with Saints related stuff?

Do hope it's 3 as Le Goddard is saying, wonder who the other two are? Boufal as a no 10, another striker? or maybe Boufal is being groomed for a forward position and Stanciu might be the no.10, he seems very much our sort of player.

Would still love to see a physical DM come in, like Gonalons.

I'd imagine it'll be some young player, probably for the development squad if LG has the info over Guan / AR-10

We are leaving it late, but if there are 3 coming in and one of those is Boufal, our window is starting to look a lot better than the likes of West Ham, Everton, Stoke. Probably on par with pool, though they seem to have strengthened too much attacking wise and not enough defensively when you spend £70 million and still have Moreno as your ledt back. However, they have recouped like £64 million selling squad players so you can't sniff at that.

Feels very un-Saints like to be leaving 2 or 3 deals to the last few days.

I guess that's part of the brinkmanship involved with these transfer fees. Transfers are basically like a housing chain now

Does it? I seem to recall we left it late in a recent transfer window and got about three in late on.

I guess that's part of the brinkmanship involved with these transfer fees. Transfers are basically like a housing chain now

We've had important deals late in the window in recent seasons...

Mane - signed by Saints 1st September 2014

Alderweireld - signed by Saints 1st September 2014

van Dijk - signed by Saints 1st September 2015

Bedwetters on this forum write off signings in July and early August when window is still open. Of course Saints would like the deals done earlier from their perspective, but it isn't always as easy as that as deals involve multiple parties with different agendas.

Feels incredibly Saints like.

Like a goldfish bowl this forum.

Where do I say you can pick up Pröpper for 9 million euro? He maybe, well probably, has more potential then Wijnaldum but Wijnaldum had a ****load more experience with 6? years at PSV and Feyenoord, a World Cup etc etc.

Pröpper only played one game for Holland so far and one season at PSV, all factors why Pröpper won't fetch as much as Wijnaldum did. And then he aint much more expensive as Ziyech and well within what we can afford.

You didn't say that, it was a question... I didn't believe Saints are willing to spend 20 million pounds or more on a player but it looks like that's going to happen with Boufal. It's a new era.

Bedwetters on this forum write off signings in July and early August when window is still open. Of course Saints would like the deals done earlier from their perspective, but it isn't always as easy as that as deals involve multiple parties with different agendas.

I had forgotten Alderweireld was so late but generally we're talking one or two players per window. All of the above were heavily trailed for a week or two beforehand too. This window, we're looking at four or five in/out in the last week.

Having watched SSN on previous deadline days, the Saints stuff has been a mere footnote. This year looks like we'll be one of the busiest clubs. That's what I was referring to when I meant un Saints-like

Just had a tweet from Ziyech it read ik weet het niet which Google translated it is I do not know. I tweeted @hakimmziyech and Tadic would be amazing for Southampton,

So that's as clear as mud, not sure what that means maybe him and Tadic don't get on or he sent me a tweet by accident and it has nothing to do with the tweet I sent.

Pretty cool to get a Tweet though my best so far was a like from Rob Wriggle

Just had a tweet from Ziyech it read ik weet het niet which Google translated it is I do not know. I tweeted @hakimmziyech and Tadic would be amazing for Southampton,

So that's as clear as mud, not sure what that means maybe him and Tadic don't get on or he sent me a tweet by accident and it has nothing to do with the tweet I sent.

Pretty cool to get a Tweet though my best so far was a like from Rob Riggle

Correction sorry Rob

Ramirez was deadline day too. Osvaldo not quiet but was definitely quite late on.

Further garbled google translation from a Romanian paper.....make of it what you will....

It has offer from the Premier League and Gigi Becali claims are not far from the amount submitted by the British. The departure to Manchester for the match against City in the play-off second leg Champions League landowner has revealed that talks with ... an investment fund for the new "ten" of the national team. From what it seems, and Steaua were given 7 million pounds Stanciu, but ask Becali 10. Final Negotiations would take place today just before the match against Pep Guardiola's band.

"Tomorrow expect a response from the club in England to offer 10 million pounds. I do not know of any offer of 10 million euros from Celta. I know you were interested in two or three teams Stanciu, including one from Spain but have not made a formal offer. At Stanciu not want to get fooled, that he was worth 15 million and I could give it to 10. At this hour is negotiable. My strategy is to sell my goods at the maximum price. I was not contacted me a club in England, but an investment fund. Fund collaborates and who knows who give the player. I do not know who is interested club Stanciu only knows Fund. Maine is possible to give the ok to purchase Stanciu, "said Becali, announcing that it is possible that no Stanciu Nicusor not to come off the bench in the game from the" Ettihad Stadium ".

Latest information shows that the group is interested Stanciu Southampton, which is legitimated international player Florin Gardos.

Post your comment and read here: http://www.enational.ro/sport/becali-negociaza-transferul-lui-stanciu-pe-10-milioane-de-lire-549481.html/#ixzz4ILN204Et

Further garbled google translation from a Romanian paper.....make of it what you will....

It has offer from the Premier League and Gigi Becali claims are not far from the amount submitted by the British. The departure to Manchester for the match against City in the play-off second leg Champions League landowner has revealed that talks with ... an investment fund for the new "ten" of the national team. From what it seems, and Steaua were given 7 million pounds Stanciu, but ask Becali 10. Final Negotiations would take place today just before the match against Pep Guardiola's band.

"Tomorrow expect a response from the club in England to offer 10 million pounds. I do not know of any offer of 10 million euros from Celta. I know you were interested in two or three teams Stanciu, including one from Spain but have not made a formal offer. At Stanciu not want to get fooled, that he was worth 15 million and I could give it to 10. At this hour is negotiable. My strategy is to sell my goods at the maximum price. I was not contacted me a club in England, but an investment fund. Fund collaborates and who knows who give the player. I do not know who is interested club Stanciu only knows Fund. Maine is possible to give the ok to purchase Stanciu, "said Becali, announcing that it is possible that no Stanciu Nicusor not to come off the bench in the game from the" Ettihad Stadium ".

Latest information shows that the group is interested Stanciu Southampton, which is legitimated international player Florin Gardos.

Post your comment and read here: http://www.enational.ro/sport/becali-negociaza-transferul-lui-stanciu-pe-10-milioane-de-lire-549481.html/#ixzz4ILN204Et

So... is he saying that the English club in question (supposedly Saints) has sent someone to negotiate on their behalf for Stanciu? Would make sense if Les Reed and Ross Wilson are in France sorting out the Boufal deal.

So... is he saying that the English club in question (supposedly Saints) has sent someone to negotiate on their behalf for Stanciu? Would make sense if Les Reed and Ross Wilson are in France sorting out the Boufal deal.

Mmmm.. the article was dated the 23rd I believe, so negotiations would have been yesterday I presume. With Stanciu coming off the bench last night and now returned to Bucharest, I surmise we did't make the price Becali was asking. I don' t understand the idea that the player is 'owned' or being 'bought' by an investment fund though? Seems very murky

Funny how, despite the infamous black box, we get Dutch league players when RK is in charge (Tadic, Pelle, Cuco) and then French league players (Pied, Boufal...) now that Puel is manager - I guess its the old "not what you know...."

.. Dani Osvaldo when his former manager was in charge, so nothing new really.

It does lead to the question just how the Black Box runs to cater for a specific managers whims, and what happens in the event of the Black Box throwing up a random name only for the manager to behave like a child in a sweet shop , "NO, I want THAT one.." (pointing at Clasie, Pied or whoever). Suppose Uncle Les has to placate them nicely.

Mmmm.. the article was dated the 23rd I believe, so negotiations would have been yesterday I presume. With Stanciu coming off the bench last night and now returned to Bucharest, I surmise we did't make the price Becali was asking. I don' t understand the idea that the player is 'owned' or being 'bought' by an investment fund though? Seems very murky

Sounds more like something West Ham or Tottenham would do.

Boufal seems like it will be a good signing, definately will complete our options in AM and hopefully will enable us to create plenty with Tadic also floating around.

I assume this means that Puel has made his mind up that Redmond looks like a striker, I suppose we will see how that ends up.

I am reasonably hopeful that any further signings will be in DM as Im still not sure that Romeu is the best option on his own there

We are being linked with Turkish left back Caner Erkin from Inter Milan.

Time run out for Matt Targett?

interesting.

As I have said many times on here, Targett's lack of pace is a major problem if he is going to play at fullback. Has Erkin got pace?

I like the look of Baily Cargill at Bournemouth, but doubt he's on our (Puel's) radar.

Does Boufal or Stanciu, fit the description that Guan gave a week or so back, about the player having a Pelle like rise recently?

Wonder whether the 'Pelle type rise' refers to Haller. Scored a lot of goals in the Dutch league last year. Just guessing though.

interesting.

As I have said many times on here, Targett's lack of pace is a major problem if he is going to play at fullback. Has Erkin got pace?

I like the look of Baily Cargill at Bournemouth, but doubt he's on our (Puel's) radar.

I think he might have been at Saints as a kid, but released.

Edited by fish fingers
speeling

Boufal seems like it will be a good signing, definately will complete our options in AM and hopefully will enable us to create plenty with Tadic also floating around.

I assume this means that Puel has made his mind up that Redmond looks like a striker, I suppose we will see how that ends up.

I am reasonably hopeful that any further signings will be in DM as Im still not sure that Romeu is the best option on his own there

I was wondering how both him and Tadic would fit into the diamond?

If he signs, I would like to see something like:

-----------Forster

Pied-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

----Romeu--Hojbjerg-----

Boufal--Davis--Tadic

-----------Long-----------

Team suddenly looks a lot stronger, only place I'd be looking for an upgrade would be instead of Romeu. Could also put Redmond in for Davis and play Tadic or Boufal central.

-----------Forster

Pied-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

----Romeu--Hojbjerg-----

Boufal--Davis--Tadic

Team suddenly looks a lot stronger, only place I'd be looking for an upgrade would be instead of Romeu. Could also put Redmond in for Davis and play Tadic or Boufal central.

See long aswell as Romeo looking weak.

-----------Forster

Pied-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

----Romeu--Hojbjerg-----

Boufal--Davis--Tadic

You'd seriously rather have Davis trundling along in that midfield rather than putting Redmond on the right and switching Boufal to the middle where he can do most damage? Madness. Academic though, as Puel shows no sign of wanting to abandon the diamond just yet.

You'd seriously rather have Davis trundling along in that midfield rather than putting Redmond on the right and switching Boufal to the middle where he can do most damage? Madness. Academic though, as Puel shows no sign of wanting to abandon the diamond just yet.

I really rate Davis - when he plays well, so do we generally, plus he can fill in for the DM's when they make forward runs.

He's a great link, people have been trying to replace him for years, but every manager has picked him in the AM role. the CM role in the diamond does not suit him at all.

interesting.

I'd like to think the club have an eye on the lower leagues for players that CDAJFU if it's the case of developing a player into a starting position short to mid term with the current starting line up internationals we have.

I really rate Davis - when he plays well, so do we generally, plus he can fill in for the DM's when they make forward runs.

He's a great link, people have been trying to replace him for years, but every manager has picked him in the AM role. the CM role in the diamond does not suit him at all.

And in all those years we've been crying out for a genuine AM to actually make chances and score goals, rather than popping safe 5 yard wall passes about and blazing over or wide 99 times out of 100. Whether we bring in Boufal, Stanciu or someone I've never heard of, I pray whoever they are, they finally dislodge that mediocrity from the starting line up.

-----------Forster

Pied-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

----Romeu--Hojbjerg-----

Boufal--Davis--Tadic

See long aswell as Romeo looking weak.

Maybe lost in translation as when Targett and Bertrand played in the 3-5-2 formation target was getting to the byline consistently, perhaps it is the diamond that MT can't quite get his head round?

Absolutely. I see it as more of a teething issue than an ingrained problem...I just don't think it's a problem we can afford to carry given the width is almost exclusively provided by the fullbacks. Who knows, perhaps if Puel explicitly absolves him of any responsibility to defend against the counter-attack (because I don't think he has recovery pace to do both (which is what I meant by "isn't at all suited")), he'll grow into it eventually. Far simpler to switch Tadic and Long though ( until Bertrand is back). Anyway, I'm derailing the thread now.

Edited by Donatello

Boufal has been target number 1 ...and so he should be very very talented , when on song unplayable around the box and makes things happen ....Mane with a better technique and natural decision making .

The Zaza deal with West Ham is not done and a Loan is not his current clubs preference , therefore the club with a purchase offer on the table is in the box seat :-) ;-) ;)

Jesus you just bigged up Boufal. That's a seriously big rep you are giving him to live up to.....I give it two games before we get a " Bouffant isn't even league one standard" thread on here...