Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

People assuming Bertrand would want to go. He's a Londoner, and after his experience at Chelsea, perhaps he's happy playing regular football in a good side down here. Just thought.

would he not get regular football at Liverpool (not that I think he would leave this summer)?

Why do people not rate Clasie, he did fine in our midfield last season didn't he?

Not really. Romeu in my opinion is a better defensive midfielder option than Clasie. He really needs to kick on this season - hopefully a full preseason will help and he'll hit the ground running from the start. As he currently stands, I wouldn't be bothered if someone offered £12 million and he was allowed to leave.

Romeu could fill his shoes, and we could spend the cash on a decent attacking mid like gylfi siggurdsson!

Clasie, as far as I can remember, never did anything game changing, is small, which if your Messi doesn't matter, but as a tough tackling enforcer does, and had little presence about him.

Hopefully this season he'll prove me wrong and become the player Saints hoped he would be.

Why do people not rate Clasie, he did fine in our midfield last season didn't he?

Well, I do! This season will be his coming of age in the PL. He now knows what it takes and believe me he will deliver. Predictably, next summer all his critics will be moaning because another of our star players is scooped up by the money set.

Just because Wales as a team are having a great tournament does not mean we need to start buying Wales players, Robson Kanu was at Reading for a reason and Joe Allen could not get into a team that finished two places below us and is pretty identical to Clasie/JWP in style of play. He is also no better than those two, so no to both IMO.

It's bad enough we are sending so many players Liverpools way, we don't need to start picking up their rejects, the only Liverpool player we should possibly look at is Benteke.

This. There is still a good chance we will lose Pelle but dont know because of his continued involvement in the Euros. Palace seem to be really moving on this and i would say Benteke would be the ideal replacement so if we arent having words in his advisors ears i would be suprised

Well, I do! This season will be his coming of age in the PL. He now knows what it takes and believe me he will deliver. Predictably, next summer all his critics will be moaning because another of our star players is scooped up by the money set.

Totally agree with this, he has a season under his belt now and will have a full pre season

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Think he did fine. Really intrigued to see how he gets on this coming season under a new manager as he's one of the genuine "Ronald signings" that we made.

Will be interesting to see how Claude can develop him (as he was a diminutive defensive-midfielder himself).

L'Equipe say #saintsfc in talks to sign Adam Nagy (pronounced Nodge). Starred for #hun at #EURO2016

Nagy is a really interesting player. I really like him. Dynamic CM, tackles A LOT, has elastic quality to dribbles/movements. #saintsfc

From what I have seen of Nagy he looks a very tidy player. Skillful and quick. Would add great strength in depth and imho would be a very good addition. Interesting to see what the fee would be, sure I read that Marseille were offering €1.5 million.

From seeing Nagy at the Euros i think this would be a very good signing for a low fee, looked very athletic with quick feet and looked a very smart footballer for someone who has only just turned 21 competing at the highest level of his career. Obviously a very small sample of games. Would be interesting to see if we do sign him what that means for Reed/Potential Wanyama replacement.

I think there is a bit of a shift to buy in a few youngsters to improve our u21's and genuinely push for starting places.

No problem with giving youth a chance but not for the sake of it, they have to be good enough. I don't think we really have that with the current crop.

L'Equipe say #saintsfc in talks to sign Adam Nagy (pronounced Nodge). Starred for #hun at #EURO2016

Nagy is a really interesting player. I really like him. Dynamic CM, tackles A LOT, has elastic quality to dribbles/movements. #saintsfc

L'Equipe also saying talks on hold as Puel wants to assess what he has with us

Ridiculous to dither on this, by the time Puel has assessed our other options the lad will have probably signed elsewhere.

From what I have seen of Nagy he looks a very tidy player. Skillful and quick. Would add great strength in depth and imho would be a very good addition. Interesting to see what the fee would be, sure I read that Marseille were offering €1.5 million.

I read similar after his name was linked with us a few days ago. Marseille, Saints and Leicester mentioned.

He has a low buy out clause, so for less than £2m the option of a full international shouln't take too much thinking about. Even if he's only in our Europa League squad this season.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/07/03/claude-puel-tells-southampton-to-snap-up-sunderland-target/293353/

inside futbol reporting that le 10 sport in France believes Puel has told the club that he wants Djibril Sidibe at the club by the time the season starts.

Ah, can play at wingback on either side or in midfield, not bad if there's any veracity in it.

No idea how much Lille would want though.

Musa leaving CSKA on Tuesday for a PL team.

Saints, West Ham and Leicester.

Leicester according to the editor of a russian sport website

Ahmed Musa is set for a medical at Leicester City next week. Will cost around £16m.

Musa leaving CSKA on Tuesday for a PL team.

Saints, West Ham and Leicester.

WHU and Leicester both likely to offer more money and Leicester have CL footy too. Can't see him coming here if it's a straight choice. Would love to be proven wrong though!

Yeah his agent said that a week ago.

Where please? Seen him say not at West ham, that was all over the papers.

With our obvious Nigeria link (2 players in the new scholars) there surely may still be a slim chance it's us over Leicester.