Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I've only seen a little bit of him, but I'd be tempted to make a move based on what I've seen. Looks quick, powerful & direct.

Sounds like exactly the sort of player we'd sign to be honest, development potential and raw ability - would probably only initially be a squad player, but could develop into a star.

Linked with Notts Forest's Oliver Burke (Via The Sun):

http://the72.co.uk/63150/southampton-look-to-championship-for-mane-replacement/?http://the72.co.uk/63150/southampton-look-to-championship-for-mane-replacement/?

(Not sure how he fits in as he's an out-and-out wide-man, but looks a huge talent).

Nottingham Forest or Notts County. Sorry to be 'picky' but I'm sure us Saints fans wouldn't like the name Southingham.

Should have signed him last January (HCDAJFU) and saved ourselves a few bob. It was obvious to anyone that watched him that he was a talent. Sadly even the likes of the of the scousers have him on their radar.

I've seen him quite a bit and can say, although not the finished article, he would pose a threat straight away, if not perhaps the final ball or finish. He has great pace and is very direct. He wasn't short on confidence last season, but at the moment he's off the scale taking on anyone and everyone. He's also bulked out a fair bit since last season, which makes me think he might be effective immediately.

Having said all that he doesn't feel like our kind of signing.

Should have signed him last January (HCDAJFU) and saved ourselves a few bob. It was obvious to anyone that watched him that he was a talent. Sadly even the likes of the of the scousers have him on their radar.

I've seen him quite a bit and can say, although not the finished article, he would pose a threat straight away, if not perhaps the final ball or finish. He has great pace and is very direct. He wasn't short on confidence last season, but at the moment he's off the scale taking on anyone and everyone. He's also bulked out a fair bit since last season, which makes me think he might be effective immediately.

Having said all that he doesn't feel like our kind of signing.

I don't know why, but I've always like signing Championship players and it's something we don't do enough of. I don't have my nerdy spreadsheet to hand, but who were our last signings from there?

J-Rod & Clyney?

I don't know why, but I've always like signing Championship players and it's something we don't do enough of. I don't have my nerdy spreadsheet to hand, but who were our last signings from there?

J-Rod & Clyney?

I guess you could class Redmond....kinda. I just get the sense the club is going back down the route of young, english talent where possible.

The forest forum reckons a host of teams want Burke and he will go to the highest bidder. Circa £15m

If he's got any sense he'll take a sensible step up to join a club that has a track record of developing players for elite level clubs and Liverpool.

Hope we can beat Newcastle to the signing of Haller. He is the marquee signing we need right now.

If we can get Hal Robson-Kanu in too I will be delighted and sure most will agree it's been a very decent summer of transfers

#Wemarchon

Robson-Kanu would be a statement of intent

Like the look of Stancu, only a youtube of course AND only Romanian league but size aside (though he looks like a stocky player that can take a knock or two) scoring with both feet, long range, free kicks, dribbling, looks a promising talent.

J-Rod & Clyney?

Jay Rod and Clyne, but also remember Spurs got Bale of us from the Championship, Walcott and the OX as well did all right from the lower leagues.

Not to mention Deli Alli.

Plenty of talent there, especially as it's a hard league.

Hope we can beat Newcastle to the signing of Haller. He is the marquee signing we need right now.

If we can get Hal Robson-Kanu in too I will be delighted and sure most will agree it's been a very decent summer of transfers

#Wemarchon

Robson-Kanu would be a statement of intent

Please stick to the thread and stop taking the p*ss or I will remove you for the rest of the window.

Your sarcasm is both boring and draining.

Marko Rog (Dinamo Zagreb) who we supposedly had a bid rejected for is signing for Napoli this week. Another one to cross off the list.

No surprise that as the window is closing more & more of these players being crossed off the list.

Interesting how the Boufal whispers have died down. Very little in the French media about him, whereas weeks ago we were getting daily updates about him going to various clubs.

AR10 just posted this on the Fonte thread:

There has been NO bid from Manchester United or any other club for Jose Fonte at this point in time

and neither is there expected to be.

I realise there are 2 threads running so I'll inlcude this one here and that is I'm led to believe that the club have virtually completed one signing

and are in advanced stages on a 2nd, nothing I have seen suggests there will be 3 signings coming into the club.

Keep in mind, the transfer window is coming to an end and the usual paper trash /agent spin will be heightened.

No surprise that as the window is closing more & more of these players being crossed off the list.

Interesting how the Boufal whispers have died down. Very little in the French media about him, whereas weeks ago we were getting daily updates about him going to various clubs.

http://www.football365.fr/l1-lille-southampton-bouge-sofiane-boufal-2671973.html

Says our opening bid is 4m euros, but Lille want 20m euros. However negotiations are ongiong. Also says we are negotiating concurrently with Ghezzal so it is probably a matter of either/or.

Surely a typo/poor translation, as that's one hell of a gap...!!

Says our opening bid is 4m euros, but Lille want 20m euros. However negotiations are ongiong. Also says we are negotiating concurrently with Ghezzal so it is probably a matter of either/or.

Actually €14m not €4m but they want around €20m. All 'according to an English source'. I wonder who that could be?