Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

He was really, Koeman tried to get him even before Alderweireld. Why you think Alderweireld was signed so late?

Saint86 is right, we wanted both. We would have brought them both in last summer if things had worked out. As it was we missed out on Alderweireld so brought caulker in. He was to be groomed as the long term successor to Fonte and it was felt with a bit of time under Koeman he could develop into a top class centre half, however his off the field problems as well as general work ethic meant that the club were thankful we only for him on loan.

Oliver Burke, who a few on here mentioned would be a great signing for us, has joined newly promoted Bundesliga side Red Bull Leipzig for a fee reported to be around £13m-£15m.

That is one bizarre transfer, would have thought an English club would have stepped in

He looks an outstanding prospect, surprised and disappointed we weren't in for him.

Not sure the Black Box and those supposedly operating it aren't in need for an upgrade.

Personally, I would have preferred us to buy our 'top' player way before the season started - and for him to be fit and available for all our matches. Still, I'm sure Bouffal will prove to be the best player we have ever signed and I will forever be shamed by this post.

No one will ever beat Kevin Keegan to the title of Best Player We Have Ever Signed. European footballer of the year when we signed him. [emoji6]

Wow .... I'd be more than happy if we signed him, if he's as good as these scouting reports claim

But, but, but no one has heard of him and he plays for Empoli! I mean Empoli! Come on! We are being taken for a ride here. As a club and as fans. No other club would be so stupid. And he is no pelle/Vic replacement. Disastrous transfer window

But, but, but no one has heard of him and he plays for Empoli! I mean Empoli! Come on! We are being taken for a ride here. As a club and as fans. No other club would be so stupid. And he is no pelle/Vic replacement. Disastrous transfer window

Quite. We should only sign players from European giants likes Red Bull Salzberg and Feyenoord.

Oliver Burke, who a few on here mentioned would be a great signing for us, has joined newly promoted Bundesliga side Red Bull Leipzig for a fee reported to be around £13m-£15m.

he's a genuine talent and well worth the investment. My Forest supporting mate thinks they have undersold him.

I honestly thought Les and Ross had gone to speak with his agent and then watch him one final time last week at Millwall, but I am not ITK that's for sure. Oh well, onwards and upwards. Excited about Boufal. Hope he can get up to speed quicker than Mane.

he's a genuine talent and well worth the investment. My Forest supporting mate thinks they have undersold him.

I like what I see in Burke and disappointed we couldn't beat Red Bull Leipzig to his signature. He is 6'2 and strong and would give us that physical aspect that we are missing.

Current squad looks too lightweight and short IMHO. Adding Boufal at 5'8 soon too

After seeing how B-hino behaved during their game yesterday - like a little kid who heard the word no for the first time - not sure he would fit in at Saints really.

Mane didn't cover himself in glory at Salzburg before joining us, didn't stop us from signing him though.

Berahino is a player who wouldn't want to stay more than a year or two without getting a sulk again to join a bigger club. Just tie the bugger into a contract for 5 years so we can sell him at an indecent profit after two.

He may be a genuine talent but he's been badly advised to go to Red Bull Leipzig. Germany's MK Dons with a hundred times as much money, roundly hated by everyone.

He may be a genuine talent but he's been badly advised to go to Red Bull Leipzig. Germany's MK Dons with a hundred times as much money, roundly hated by everyone.

The quotes from him were odd as well, he was ''surprised'' to find that Forest had accepted the bid for him. I don't think he was advised to leave as such, more so that Forest saw the $$$$ and said cheerio.

We really should have been at the front of the queue for this player.

I'll reserve final judgement until the close of the window, but at the moment it does seem we've been a bit slow and subdued this summer especially given the attraction of 6th placed finish and EL football.

Imagine the meltdown on here if we signed a Championship player for a fee close to our record signing. Probably would have been over that for an English club too. The fee is madness and that's without the media hype there would have been if Prem clubs were interested...which presumably they weren't for a reason.

If true, a shame. Would have liked to see him back.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Why? He's not played enough since leaving here and looked all over the place against Liverpool. Boro is probably about his level right now. Besides, we have 3 RB, even if one is injured.

I'd have liked chambers given pieds injury and the lack of back up at centre back.

Think it could be an interesting couple of days. Denayer and berahino will both go somewhere, and I think we'll be in the hunt, possibly as swaps for j rod and fonte (obviously not a direct swap for fonte). Still think that would leave us a touch light at centre back and dm, but it would be a pretty tasty squad given a bit of time to develop.

I'd have liked chambers given pieds injury and the lack of back up at centre back.

Think it could be an interesting couple of days. Denayer and berahino will both go somewhere, and I think we'll be in the hunt, possibly as swaps for j rod and fonte (obviously not a direct swap for fonte). Still think that would leave us a touch light at centre back and dm, but it would be a pretty tasty squad given a bit of time to develop.

I'm going into broken record mode here, but Berahino will very likely go to Stoke. We've not been linked with a credible source.

Denayer has got big potential too, but I can't see him coming here to sit on the bench - There would be no point.

Would happily have Denayer/Berahino here though.

Now we have four attacking MF / strikers ...who are all over 25.(JayRod, Austin, Tadic and Long) not sure what /where Redmond will end up playing, but somehow I still find myself still looking for another striker (?) with a good goalscoring record on his CV, but maybe we'll have to pass on that one for now.

However, we are " back to square one " (what good old fashioned football phrase that is) with regards to the RB spot.

It looks like Cedric has got the role at present, but otherwise it's back to Coco Martina (if he's still here-come Thursday morning)...a difficult call that.

There is no obvious 3rd choice ...and no-one in the youth squad (at present) who looks like becoming another Chambers or Shaw... (please no-one say Yoshida again). Maya has always DAJFU when called upon to cover LB or left-sided CB, but he's also down the list for those slots and always gets himself into trouble when he plays at RB.

Now we have four attacking MF / strikers ...who are all over 25.(JayRod, Austin, Tadic and Long) not sure what /where Redmond will end up playing, but somehow I still find myself still looking for another striker (?) with a good goalscoring record on his CV, but maybe we'll have to pass on that one for now.

However, we are " back to square one " (what good old fashioned football phrase that is) with regards to the RB spot.

It looks like Cedric has got the role at present, but otherwise it's back to Coco Martina (if he's still here-come Thursday morning)...a difficult call that.

There is no obvious 3rd choice ...and no-one in the youth squad (at present) who looks like becoming another Chambers or Shaw... (please no-one say Yoshida again). Maya has always DAJFU when called upon to cover LB or left-sided CB, but he's also down the list for those slots and always gets himself into trouble when he plays at RB.

yan-valery-contract-news148-2980012_478x359.jpg

You have overlooked Yan Valery who looks very promising at right back.

The signing of Boufal is a very good sign, highly rated around Europe, mentioned in different list for performance and or potential. Him, Redmond and Hojbjerg are an excellent trio of acquisitions, young and exciting. If as AR-10 suggests we are recruiting another player for circa.£10m then I wouldn't have thought he would be an attacker. And my preference if we are "only" going to recruit one more is for a CB who can pressure Fonte. Being greedy we get a striker too!

Unlike many on here who just look at the headlines (result of games) I am excited by the intention of Puel to play high possession football with quick and skilful players who can play around teams and counter. Exciting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Errrr Yan Valery looks mustard and technically better than Cuco.