Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I'm hoping for at least one more.

Transfer window sitting at a 5/10 for me just now. A signing like Berahino could bounce that to 7 or 8/10

4 goals and no assists in 1747 minutes last season.

As a striker !!! Compare that to Boufal's 12 goals and 69 chances created from midfield.

Our 3 major signings thus far are much, much better than Berahino IMO.

Journalist on twitter saying Haller deal seems unlikey now.

Also I really dont get the Berahino hype. Decent player but when people say "our type of signing" I'm interested to know what they mean. He's a bit of a ****, hence why he's been punched at both WBA and Brentford by team mates and his record isn't great, 1 goal in 29 or something? Fair enough most of them are sub appearances and in a Tony Pulis side but other than a good few months the season prior and loan spells is he really all that? A lot of hype and fair enough if we signed him but there is quite a lot of question marks over him and he's not a stand out talent. Feel a bit sorry for him, he's been used in a Chairman v Manager battle at WBA but meh..there's a reason why only Stoke have really shown an interest in him at the price WBA want. He'll get cheaper next year and I'd like to see him stand up and be counted in the mean time before I consider him someone I think we should be showing a keen interest in.

4 goals and no assists in 1747 minutes last season.

As a striker !!! Compare that to Boufal's 12 goals and 69 chances created from midfield.

Our 3 major signings thus far are much, much better than Berahino IMO.

West Brom don't create chances.

Long time lurker here. I've stayed in Utrecht for 5 months during my Erasmus, and have seen several matches in Galgenwaard. I was really sad to see rumors of him going to Norwich last January but thankfully he didn't want to go there. I really hope that he signs with Southampton because he is a really good striker from what I've seen. Strong, physical, fast, powerful in the air and a pretty good finisher (and a wonderful penalty taker if it helps). Can't remember any weaknesses apart from passing, but he can improve his dribbling. I'd really want to see him in Southampton.

Thanks for the write up. Sounds good

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

West Brom don't create chances.

Nathan Redmond scored 6 goals and got 4 assists playing in midfield for a relegated side last season.

Berahino got 4 goals and 0 assists playing as a striker for a mid-table side.

Redmond is more skilful, has a far better attitude and has been more impressive with the England U-21s.

Yet another case of people moaning about the player we haven't got rather than being pleased with the one we have even though we've clearly done the better deal.

Journalist on twitter saying Haller deal seems unlikey now.

Also I really dont get the Berahino hype. Decent player but when people say "our type of signing" I'm interested to know what they mean. He's a bit of a ****, hence why he's been punched at both WBA and Brentford by team mates and his record isn't great, 1 goal in 29 or something? Fair enough most of them are sub appearances and in a Tony Pulis side but other than a good few months the season prior and loan spells is he really all that? A lot of hype and fair enough if we signed him but there is quite a lot of question marks over him and he's not a stand out talent. Feel a bit sorry for him, he's been used in a Chairman v Manager battle at WBA but meh..there's a reason why only Stoke have really shown an interest in him at the price WBA want. He'll get cheaper next year and I'd like to see him stand up and be counted in the mean time before I consider him someone I think we should be showing a keen interest in.

For couple of seasons pre 'Spursgate', he banged in a sh!tload of goals for West Brom and he was being lauded as the 'next big thing'. WBA's refusal to sell and his petulance has led to a complete breakdown in relations and naturally his performance has suffered. He's now, quite understandably, got himself a reputation for being a 'bad apple' and the fans are on his back.

Personally, I see an immature but highly talented kid who's had to wake up and smell the roses. With a fresh start, at a happening club where he felt wanted, it's highly likely he'd get his mojo back .... he's an exciting, young talent with a point to prove and we'd be a perfect fit for him at this moment in time ...... hence the 'our type of signing' tag.

Can't see it happening with us tho' ... £20 mil in the last year of his contract, is way too steep.

Edited by New Forest Steve

Does Les hate signing players taller than himself . We could get a team in the u11s this season if he joins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diego Rolan appears to be 5ft 11ins. His goal-scoring record for Bordeaux looks fairly decent over the past 2 full seasons and he has started this with a couple already it seems.

His international record needs to be take into consideration that he is behind Suarez, Cavani & Abel Hernandez.

This seems an interesting name to hit so late in the window

Diego Rolan appears to be 5ft 11ins. His goal-scoring record for Bordeaux looks fairly decent over the past 2 full seasons and he has started this with a couple already it seems.

His international record needs to be take into consideration that he is behind Suarez, Cavani & Abel Hernandez.

This seems an interesting name to hit so late in the window

Linked with Manyoo this morning....

Linked with United, Bayern, Wolves, Norwich and Villa. Odd mix.

re: Diego Rolan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1694817/manchester-united-transfer-news-premier-league-title-chasers-scout-diego-rolan-the-bordeaux-striker-lighting-up-ligue-1/

"Reports in France claim Jose Mourinho’s side were one of a handful of top European clubs – and Norwich – who sent scouts to keep tabs on the Uruguayan at the weekend."

Miaow :lol:

He does sound like our kinda player though. Surely he'd prefer to come to a club like us rather than be a benchwarmer at the likes of Utd...?

Edited by trousers

Slightly concerning that teams that were below us last year have, on paper, strengthened their teams quite significantly.

Stoke will have Bony up front and Palace will have Benteke and Remy. We, on the other hand, have Redmond.

Does feel like a few teams have caught up with us whilst we've stood still but I've been envious of Palace/Stoke's transfer business in previous windows and we've ended up better than them.

Just can't shake the feeling that we are a couple of players short this year (especially with the Europa).

Slightly concerning that teams that were below us last year have, on paper, strengthened their teams quite significantly.

Stoke will have Bony up front and Palace will have Benteke and Remy. We, on the other hand, have Redmond.

Does feel like a few teams have caught up with us whilst we've stood still but I've been envious of Palace/Stoke's transfer business in previous windows and we've ended up better than them.

Just can't shake the feeling that we are a couple of players short this year (especially with the Europa).

Agree with all of that BUT the window is NOT closed yet. Les will deliver I am strangely confident today

I would be surprised if anyone (except the 'you can never say anything not 100% positive' band) would disagree that we look a bit light across the squad considering the number of games we'll have this season with the Europa games, and the injury records of a few players in our squad.

You must be delighted considering you believed we wouldn't be signing anyone.

Naturally delighted that I was proven wrong on Boufal. Could do with another though, not sure anyone would disagree with that.

You weren't 'proven wrong' everyone with half a brain could see we were going to sign someone as we had done every single summer. You made a silly prediction that we wouldn't sign anyone and threw a strop when you were laughed at for that prediction.

You weren't 'proven wrong' everyone with half a brain could see we were going to sign someone as we had done every single summer. You made a silly prediction that we wouldn't sign anyone and threw a strop when you were laughed at for that prediction.

Must be a pretty low bar if that counts as a strop. Have to say, there a more personal insults on this thread/forum at the moment than anything else, don't really see the need for it to be honest.

Agree with all of that BUT the window is NOT closed yet. Les will deliver I am strangely confident today

He needs to really. Was hilarious how much he put himself in the Boufal signing video... Reckon he is feeling the pressure.

It's a good point and add to the mix that they are proven premier league players with half decent scoring records and a point to prove, then they could well be decent high wage gambles, although time will tell.

I also agree we are a couple short, but it's a transition year, although it's a shame it coincides with our first EL campaign.

Who actually cares? This is a football forum ffs. It's transfer deadline day, at least make some attempt to keep it on topic

It is on topic. If people are not called out for this type of stupidity then we will likely get the same silly comments next year. Hopefully now young James will reconsider.

Edited by hypochondriac