• Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

Just sat in the car

Thought we were very poor 1st half. Poor in possession and tried way too many flicks etc.

They were excellent on the ball and very quick and offered lots of movement.

2nd half was miles better added to them fading after Thursday.

Wanyama was my MoM. Changed it completely with him on.

Though clasie and tadic were awful. Tadic the worst.

Mane was excellent also. Although, everyone called it around my section that he would miss the penalty

Will also say, why was their goal disallowed??

Thought the officials were very poor through out

We did get lucky with their disallowed goal. Sakho was offside but Forster wouldn't have saved the shot anyway.

Agree with most of your comments Batman.

I think we always look better with a more mobile side and starting with Clasie, Romeu, Pelle and Tadic is probably two too many players for whom agility and tempo are not strengths.

Just sat in the car

Thought we were very poor 1st half. Poor in possession and tried way too many flicks etc.

Mane was excellent also. Although, everyone called it around my section that he would miss the penalty

Because player in offside position . Have you seen Pelle's goal yet ? You will enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did get lucky with their disallowed goal. Sakho was offside but Forster wouldn't have saved the shot anyway.

Agree with most of your comments Batman.

Why was it lucky? He was in a position where he was influencing play he jumped over it

Why was it lucky? He was in a position where he was influencing play he jumped over it

Just think the keeper wouldn't have got near the shot even if Sakho hadn't been there. Him being there wasn't the reason the shot went in.

Probably the right decision, but we were lucky Sakho was stood there, thats all that saved being out the game.

Just sat in the car

Sakho was offside and the ball went through his legs from Allens shot. Spot on call.

For once the '12th man' tag of the crowd may actually have some truth in it. Klopp said he took Lovren off because of the abuse he was getting and that's how Skrtl ended up on th pitch. Thanks Northam end!

On a more serious note, I though Ward Prowses ferocious tackles to win the ball back for 2 of the goals deserves a mention.

A truly exquisitely beautiful victory against the bin dipping, inbred, gobby, self-pitying history boys. I hope their f*cking bus breaks down halfway up the A34 too, then as they pass Lamberts rented house in Birmingham journeying into the north and the temperature starts to drop the penny starts too, for the three remaining multi-million pound stooges.

Not bitter. Not today ;-)

Sakho was offside and the ball went through his legs from Allens shot. Spot on call.

And from where I was stood, neither the linesman or the ref were going to give anything until one our defenders kicked off at the lino?

Utter joke of a ref, but that's another story.

And from where I was stood, neither the linesman or the ref were going to give anything until one our defenders kicked off at the lino?

Utter joke of a ref, but that's another story.

Yeah lets keep that one to ourselves ;)

Although it was the right call tbf.

At two down and the penalty miss by Mane I feared the worst forget the first half we were poor what a last 30 minutes Mane and Pella back form.. Ronald deserves a pat on the back the hall time changes made all the difference.

Well that's happened enough times to us in the past so good to see us do it to someone else for a change. Comebacks are always superb.

Still can't see us getting to Europe, too much competition but we're still in the hunt and there are signs of our strikers going on a purple patch so you never know.

Poetry in motion tra la la la la...

...loved watching Koemen troll Klopp by running down the touchline to celebrate with players, although tentatively as he had his shoes on and didn't want to slip ass over tit.

May have had something to do with the way Klopp celebrated the penalty miss. From the BBC live reporting ...

'Jurgen Klopp celebrated that penalty save like a goal, uppercutting the air and bawling to the sky yards away from a peeved Ronald Koeman.

You can see why other managers may be less-than-enthusiastic about his "enthusiasm" and "energy" on the touchline.'

Ronald's Reaction to the win on AudioBloom

https://audioboom.com/boos/4326571-saints-boss-ronald-koeman-reacts-to-their-3-2-win-against-liverpool-with-bigadamsport

Sadio's Reaction to the win on AudioBloom

https://audioboom.com/boos/4326583-saints-striker-saido-mane-speaks-to-bigadamsport-after-southampton-came-back-from-a-2-0-defeat-after-half-time

Personally I felt Wanyama did what he needed to bosss the midfield, once the midfield battle was won, the results was certain.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the officials were terrible

I think the linesman on the Itchen side in the second half was terrible but look at the state of him! He's old and fat, they really should be younger and fitter, I wonder how much effort is spent on developing younger officials?

Well, I didn't see that coming 30mins in, I don't think anyone did. Incredible game and that's why we go back week after week..... for moments like that.

We did start the game very sloppy, It seemed as if we decided to play a crazy high line and although we were attacking....as soon as they won the ball back, they broke on us with pace and accuracy, but we were so deep up field that we could never recover. Unfortunately they hit us for 2 before we could recognize that and change it, but we went a bit deeper, shut the midfield up and it was more of a calm first half.

I thought Clasie was a passenger, he was utterly atrocious in the first half. I'm dying to see some consistency from the kid, but there are games where he honestly looks like a ball boy has been left out there. It just passed him by, he couldn't handle the intensity at all.

The half time changes were needed, if I'm honest I didn't think we'd make them straight away - but we took the gamble and took off the incredibly ineffective Tadic and the ballboy. The 2nd half was a different match due to t his.

Big Vic made a huge difference, he bossed Allen in midfield and gave Emre Can a lot more of a game. He was strong, powerful, accurate in his passing and positional sense was sound. Romeu was a lot better as he wasn't having to carry his midfield partner, and it allowed him to influence the game a little more through the middle - which he did.

I love Mane through the middle, but when he plays from the right and cuts in...he's very effective. The first goal was a peach, but his 2nd was just as good - such good strength to hold of Sakho and accurate in the finish. There have been complaints we haven't been clinical enough, but we put them complaints to bed right there.

I thought Pelle had a much better 2nd half, the whole team just seemed to nit together a hell of a lot better with Vic holding the midfield. Pelle's goal was a peach, loved the way he bought himself a yard and just bent it. Cracking finish.

This is a game which will live long in our memories, one of the great games at St Mary's for sure. We've often been accused of falling away at the tail ends of seasons, but maybe this time we can actually finish strong and who knows what the hell could happen.

Koeman when asked about the first half:

"We lost several balls in the midfield. In that situation we were too nice. You have to stop counter attacks, even with a fault, even with a yellow card…"

Might explain some of Vic's challenges in the past?

I think the linesman on the Itchen side in the second half was terrible but look at the state of him! He's old and fat, they really should be younger and fitter, I wonder how much effort is spent on developing younger officials?

The young one on the Kingsland side did not cover himself in glory

Victor wanyama was absolutely outstanding. Lifted the whole team. Mane wash far behind him. Van diyk last 20 mins was out of this world. Pelle second hand was fab. Victors run of 60 yards was amazing. V v happy.

Great game! **** poor football from both sides for most of the game but ****ing hell so much drama and we ****ing won.

TBH Lovern should have been sent off and we should have had a pen in the opening minutes but the ref bottled it. I was fuming after that but now I couldn't care less.

saints need to learn to counter attack better we slowed it down every time we one the ball back or the first time passes were to wayward.

Liverpool were very good at the counter attack and looked to punish us.

Second half you couldn't fault the players they scrapped for everything and dug I out.

Very chuffed tonight

'tis a beautiful day to be a Saints fan, cannot believe I missed this game. Think it is the first one of the season I have in fact, maybe that is why the impossible happened. Hearing Wanyama was a tank in midfield and pretty much turnt the game around by winning the midfield battle and allowing us to use our attacking players. Going to watch the full game online now and cry with happiness at this joyous day.

Shades of the MK Dons game, but much sweeter due to the opposition. Think I left my voice back in the stadium!

All the fans streaming for the exits on 88 minutes, shame on you bunch of ungrateful bastards.

Today was Mane's 'Johnno Quick' moment

One of the great games, one that will live in legend. F!ck me we were poor in the first half, slow, pedestrian just nowhere near crisp enough and passing the ball to anyone but ourselves and when that penalty was saved I was resigned to another dismal defeat by the snuggest of the smug self-righteous but that second half is up there with the best.

(Reject to those on RAWK for their comments)

And gentlemen in England down the pub

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That sang with us upon Saint Mary's day.

Have we ever had a season where we have won against

Manchester utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

And Scousehampton

We also beat West Ham and Stoke once each

Wins against City Leicester and North London Yobos in our run in would give us a win against all of the top ten not sure we have ever achieved this in the top division before !

And to think earlier in the season everyone was moaning because we hadn't beaten anyone in the top 14!