Weekend 9/10 April - Other Games

Batman

Incredible fortune with injuries (9 of their starting 11 have played in all but 2 games so far, apparently), all 11 players having the season of their lives, the big clubs well below par, 10 penalties for and only 2 against, a shitload of 1 goal wins.

My money is on someone there having a pact with the devil. :twisted:

I think Saints should go on tour tour to Bangkok and make a racist sect ape. #winner

I'm now really torn. I wanted Leicester to win, but having watched their last two matches (against us and against Sunderland), they are really boring to watch and seem to have a huge amount of luck on their side. Spurs on the other hand play some lovely football and Dele Alli is someone brilliant who will become an England great, I'm sure.

So I'm torn, in fact, I don't care who wins the league out of those two now. Moaning Arsene "I'm great with the kids" Wenger can f**k off, moneybags Manchester City can f**k off now too.

Got to say I have to agree with this. I said before the Leicester game I'd take a defeat against them and a win against spurs if it helped Leicester to the title, but after seeing them against us I really don't care now. Nasty side getting the breaks and riding their luck while playing pretty sh*t football imho.

Got to say I have to agree with this. I said before the Leicester game I'd take a defeat against them and a win against spurs if it helped Leicester to the title, but after seeing them against us I really don't care now. Nasty side getting the breaks and riding their luck while playing pretty sh*t football imho.

I think the tension is getting to them. Who's to say that we wouldn't be playing the same way in their position?

Spurs win was great news for Saints - only 3 points off Man U in 5th.

I am choosing to ignore that Man U have a game in hand on us, as do West Ham who are a point behind them and 2 points ahead of us, and that Liverpool are 2 points behind us and have 2 games in hand.

Can't see us catching Man City in 4th either.

The bipolar supporting opponents thing we have going on at the moment sees me wanting Man City to beat PSG so they make the CL Semis, which apparently are either side of our game against them, and then losing that so they don't win the CL whilst finishing outside 4th and potentially move the Europa places up if Liverpool win the EL. It also wants Liverpool to do really well in the EL without winning it.

Nothing bipolar about this. It is perfectly rational. Although it would slightly help us if one of the two of them won their European competition while finishing 5th or lower--more coefficient points in England's ongoing fight with Italy over the extra Champions League spot.

The amount of fouls committed by Leicester in their own box which have gone unpunished this season is staggering.

They couldn't really have had any more luck on the pitch or with injuries.

And they get to play before Spurs pretty much every round between now and the end of the season which is very unfair IMO.

Well worth a punt on relegation next season though, I reckon.

They've taken us to the cleaners a number of times in the past (e.g. Fourpast, Bale, Paul Mitchell), admittedly that's sometimes Saint's fault too for being mugged. Throw in MP and Alderweireld, and so the last club I want to win the league is Tottenham ****ing Hotspur.

This. Very. Much. This.

Nothing bipolar about this. It is perfectly rational. Although it would slightly help us if one of the two of them won their European competition while finishing 5th or lower--more coefficient points in England's ongoing fight with Italy over the extra Champions League spot.

"Bipolar" in the sense of wanting a side to win one week and lose the next.

I'm not too worried about the coefficient, I think Leicester are going to stack it completely in Europe next season anyway. :D

All hatred of Liverpool and their Saints-sourced players aside, we should want Liverpool to win the Europa League. If they win it, they go into next season's Champions' League, as an extra place for english teams in Europe. If they finish outside the top 4 in that instance, the top 4 go into the CL/qualifier, then there are still the 2 League places in the Europa, plus the FA Cup winners - who we should want to be whoever wins the Man U/Wet Spam replay later this week, as that would likely extend the Europa places to 7th/8th in the League, assuming that team and Liverpool finish in the top 6/7.

The vagaries of 8th aren't clear at the moment, see this thread for discussion: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56310-Europa-League-qualification#.VwzlMzArLIU