Saints vs Man City - Build up

Lighthouse

Interesting this one. If Man Utd win their game in hand, City are only 2 points above 5th and will really need a win. On the flip side, this fixture comes in the middle of a Real Madrid sandwich, with City playing them twice in the space of 8 days.

No doubt they will have one eye on the Champions League, I reckon we could get a point if we play to our potential. I'd go with the same team as Villa.

Forster

Martina Fonte VVD Bertrand

Davis Wanyama Romeu Tadic

Long Mane

I'd play this, think pace would be key, however I expect Pelle in for Davis by Koeman.

I'm hoping the Madrid game is not over by the first leg, a tiring match would be perfect lol.

Prediction: 2-1 or 1-1 :) let's hope! If newcastle can draw with them then we should be able to as well at least, however feel 7/9pts is needed in last 3 games for any chance at Europe.

What ever side they put out it will be a huge test. They have shown they are vulnerable when a team goes for them.

Should be a good game

Oh, we will have to score at least twice to get any points IMO

Edited by Batman

What ever side they put out it will be a huge test. They have shown they are vulnerable when a team goes for them.

Should be a good game

And that has been our biggest downfall all season....not going for teams

That team looks decent. Long and mane up front could cause them problems

Forster

Martina Fonte VVD Bertrand

Davis Wanyama Romeu Tadic

Long Mane

I'd play this, think pace would be key, however I expect Pelle in for Davis by Koeman.

I'm hoping the Madrid game is not over by the first leg, a tiring match would be perfect lol.

Prediction: 2-1 or 1-1 :) let's hope! If newcastle can draw with them then we should be able to as well at least, however feel 7/9pts is needed in last 3 games for any chance at Europe.

That team looks decent. Long and mane up front could cause them problems

A tricky run-in could potentially be a lot easier:

-City should be distracted by the UCL

- IF Leicester have already wrapped up the title by the time we play Tottenham, they will have much less to play for.

- Palace will have one eye on the Cup final the next weekend, and are only playing for mid table positions.

If we are on top form, I would say Europa League is not entirely unlikely.

I'll go with that except for Romeu replacing Clasie.

Leaves us with no ball players in the middle of the park then. Got to have Clasie or Jwp (Clasie the better option IMO) along side Victor or Romeu. Victor getting the nod because he will play a blinder in one of his come and get me auditions.

He's completely wrong, but now if we lose the way his brain works he'll be back saying see I told you we always lose to them!

Think he just uses it to deal with the disappointment. If I didn't know better I'd think he was a teenager.

Incorrect, he does not suffer 'disappointment', it's all just a cry for attention. It's no coincidence that his opinion is always the one which will draw the most criticism and derision.

Forster

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand

Romeu, Clasie/Wanyama

Mane Davis Tadic

Long

Romeu/Clasie/Wanyama is the only hard decision really. Maybe Ron will play Pelle up top and bench Mane, Mane hasn't been great of late and Pelle has been pretty good.

Interesting this one. If Man Utd win their game in hand, City are only 2 points above 5th and will really need a win. On the flip side, this fixture comes in the middle of a Real Madrid sandwich, with City playing them twice in the space of 8 days.

No doubt they will have one eye on the Champions League, I reckon we could get a point if we play to our potential. I'd go with the same team as Villa.

It will be interesting to see just how their manager plays out the next week or so.

CL place by no means guaranteed via Prem League place. Their match v Arsenal really is a "must win six pointer" with Man U also able to close the gap with their match in hand. Finishing 4th with the extra qualiying games is far from ideal.

So, is it to be the percentage game of winning at least 2 of their 3 remaining league games against us, Swansea and Arsenal, or rest players for the higher risk of having to overcome Real Madrid over 2 games and then face a final probably against Bayern to get a CL place next season? I know what my money would be on for a CL spot next season!!

After the way he has been treated does he really give a flying feck anyway? Why handover a fantastic stepping stone for next season on a plate to his successor!!

A squad of their depth should be able to rest a player or two anyway without losing too much threat, but from the players point of view I reckon they'd prefer a CL Medal to a 3rd or 4th spot in The Prem!!

Lets hope we do catch them on the hop but that they still top 4 or win the CL to enhance our own Euro aspirations!!

having had a browse through whoscored, I was surprised to see how much tadic, pelle, long and mane contribute in terms of assists, goals, key passes and the like. It's even more impressive given the fact that none of them has been a consistent starter this season.

I'd be tempted to play a younger, more dynamic team against city. they are an aging team with so many players over 30 y.o. that fielding players like cedric, mane, davis, long, tadic etc. might not be a bad idea - I'd even have a stab at playing JWP or Reed, at least bringing them on at 60 mins. I say leave pelle on the bench for this one and let players who can pass and run take them apart.

looking forward to the game!!

Forster

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand

Romeu, Clasie/Wanyama

Mane Davis Tadic

Long

Maybe Ron will play Pelle up top and bench Mane, Mane hasn't been great of late and Pelle has been pretty good.

After a long lean spell Mane has been getting goals recently.

You just never know what City are going to turn up. The one that hammered Stoke, or the one that was holding on against Newcastle.

Biggest fear is that they always seem to score a few against us, and we are shipping a fair few in.

Really hoping we can catch them at a good time in between Real Madrid matches.

having had a browse through whoscored, I was surprised to see how much tadic, pelle, long and mane contribute in terms of assists, goals, key passes and the like. It's even more impressive given the fact that none of them has been a consistent starter this season.

I'd be tempted to play a younger, more dynamic team against city. they are an aging team with so many players over 30 y.o. that fielding players like cedric, mane, davis, long, tadic etc. might not be a bad idea - I'd even have a stab at playing JWP or Reed, at least bringing them on at 60 mins. I say leave pelle on the bench for this one and let players who can pass and run take them apart.

looking forward to the game!!

Reed won't play and JWP hasn't earned a start in a must win game on recent form.

Will be interesting to see if we revert away from the 4-4-2 of late. Suspect we will go 4-3-3 with Davis, Wanyama and either Romeu or Clasie in midfield.

Good chance of those two being rested anyway.

Can see Sterling starting as he has just come back from injury.

their side will look something like this

Hart

Zabaleta Otamendi Mangala Kolarov

Delph Fernando

Sterling Ihenacho Nasri

Bony

Gives them real selection problems. Which is the better bet for CL qualification? League or CL winners?

I think league and we'll see a pretty well full strength team - but that was a hard game tonight

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Perfect result for us really.

With MP leaving City, already with a PL medal but no CL, perhaps winning the latter will be his priority. He is obviously not interested personally in next season's CL qualification, perhaps that will show in his selection of Saturday. Straws, clutching, etc.

Gives them real selection problems. Which is the better bet for CL qualification? League or CL winners?

I think league and we'll see a pretty well full strength team - but that was a hard game tonight

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well, for CL qualification, the better bet is League, but they are 2 games/wins away from being CL winners/Champions. You go for that!!! ..and let the chips fall where they may for League. You rest players on Saturday.

As other said, especially if you are MP, heading out the door. You work toward a rested, full strength squad/players on the Semi second leg. Everything else doesn't matter.

Well, for CL qualification, the better bet is League, but they are 2 games/wins away from being CL winners/Champions. You go for that!!! ..and let the chips fall where they may for League. You rest players on Saturday.

As other said, especially if you are MP, heading out the door. You work toward a rested, full strength squad/players on the Semi second leg. Everything else doesn't matter.

This. MP will want to go out in a blaze of glory