Dusan Tadic

Saint Charlie

Thought his assist for the first goal today was just brilliant. He called for the pass from Martina, made his run, then checked to see where Davis was before controlling the ball and finding his man. Most players look up once they have the ball, Tadic does it before he even has control of it. Superb.

I really think he is key to our attacking play. When he's on form and finds those pockets of space he really makes us tick.

for all the apparent whining and complaining there has been in regards to Tadic this year, statistically, he is having a much better year this year than last

2014/2015: 4 goals | 7 assists in 2046 min.

2015/2016: 7 goals | 12 assists in 2221 min.

Tadic is what makes the offense go.

Incredible stat, think just how good he'd be if he could defend!

But then he wouldn't be playing for us!!

Out of interest how many starts do these three have over this period?

It looks like we could be secretly deploying the most creative player in the league!

I actually think his defending has been much better the last couple of games

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

for all the apparent whining and complaining there has been in regards to Tadic this year, statistically, he is having a much better year this year than last

2014/2015: 4 goals | 7 assists in 2046 min.

2015/2016: 7 goals | 12 assists in 2221 min.

Tadic is what makes the offense go.

Wonder how Lallana compares to him since his move to Liverpool.

Wonder how Lallana compares to him since his move to Liverpool.
NO COMPARISON

2014-2015 Tadic : 7 goals / 12 assists | Lallana 4 goals / 6 assists

2015-2016 Tadic : 4 goals / 7 assists | Lallana 5 goals / 3 assists

https://d2zywfiolv4f83.cloudfront.net/img/blog/2016%2f5%2fTadic2Columns(1).jpg

look at his form the last 4 games! When was the last time any player had 5 assists in two games?

and that heat map speaks to his defensive prowess :D

Apart from free-kicks Payet doesn't affect matches much IMO. We kept him quiet easily enough and he is unlikely to maintain this season's free-kick success rate over a sustained period. Let's see how Mahrez does next season as well.

Tadic is one of the best at what he does in the league. I don't think he and Lallana are direct comparators; although both are attacking midfielders, Lallana likes to drift all over the midfield more than Tadic and is often involved in play in deeper positions. Tadic is more of a "winger", although he has shown his ability to take up good positions inside as well.

People who complain about his consistency, frankly don't have a clue. Who has performed more consistently as an attacking wide player for Saints in the last 20 years? Bale only played for a season; Ox and Walcott barely much longer; Fernandes - contributed less than Tadic; Telfer, Marsden - steady Eddies but not attacking threats against decent team. Neil McCann?! Guly, perhaps - but not at this level of competition.

Oh, for the days of David Lee, Neil Heaney, Stuart Ripley! They would tear down the wing and get about 6 assists every match.

NO COMPARISON

2014-2015 Tadic : 7 goals / 12 assists | Lallana 4 goals / 6 assists

2015-2016 Tadic : 4 goals / 7 assists | Lallana 5 goals / 3 assists

https://d2zywfiolv4f83.cloudfront.net/img/blog/2016%2f5%2fTadic2Columns(1).jpg

look at his form the last 4 games! When was the last time any player had 5 assists in two games?

and that heat map speaks to his defensive prowess :D

Tadic did get 4 in the Sunderland 8-0 thrashing ;)

Class again today. Last 6 or 7 games probably his best run of form since he has been at the club.

Strong on the ball, quick feet and generally plays the right pass. Links superbly with Bertrand too. Quality and a bargain for what we paid.

Got chunks kicked out of him today but still played well.

• 2 weeks later...
There's one problem with assists stats.

The most creative player in football can only get good stats if he's got players in his team who put the ball in the net!

I suppose you could argue that the better quality of the assist the better the chance of scoring from it?

I suppose you could argue that the better quality of the assist the better the chance of scoring from it?

Also, the more potential assists you deliver the more chances you give yourself to get an actual assist.

Still skewed though, you could make a two yard pass to someone who turns and smashes it in from 30 yards and get an assist, but you could take it round 7 players including the goalkeeper, cut it back on the goal line and the striker put it over from 5 yards and you don't get anything. Always makes me wonder what sort of stats Ozil would have if he had an Aguero in front of him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope he signs a new deal.

Weird though - with Wanyama, Pelle and Mane, all of them were being linked with other clubs in the press over a period of time. Can't recall reading any rumours about Dusan being linked with anywhere else? *Waits to be proven wrong and links to appear*

Hope he signs a new deal.

Weird though - with Wanyama, Pelle and Mane, all of them were being linked with other clubs in the press over a period of time. Can't recall reading any rumours about Dusan being linked with anywhere else? *Waits to be proven wrong and links to appear*

I've always found this really odd he is such a clever creative player and his stats show just how effective he has been at this level yet because he doesn't score spectacular goals the press seem to have totally overlooked him I'm sure he could do a job for a much bigger club than us who would pay him plenty. Fingers crossed the new boss can make if feel at home get the best out of him and convince him to sign an extension he really has been fantastic for us and as others have said I'd keep him this season regardless it's not like he's going to command a 35m transfer fee even though his assists should make him worth close to that!

http://www.soccer-rumours.com

10th July 2016

Dusan Tadic close to Inter Milan move.

Posted 10 Jul 2016 by Sara Davidson.

LAST NIGHT, several media outlets reported that Southampton star Dusan Tadic was close to joining Inter Milan.

The Southampton midfielder is expected to join Roberto Mancini at the San Siro after a €20 million bid for the player was accepted.

A source that is close to the player said that it would be a 'dream move' for Tadic, who has long admired the managerial ability of Roberto Mancini.

'His relationship with Claude Puel has been pretty cold as of late, with the pair arguing after a training session last week.'

The fiery bust-up between Tadic and the Southampton boss was reported on by several tabloid newspapers over the weekend.

That website makes stuff up, they actually say that. They just generate random rumours for laughs.

''

Tired of reading made-up bull**** from tabloid rags and click-bait-riddled websites? Sick of seeing your favourite player being linked with everyone from Real Madrid to your local five-a-side team? Why not just drop the pretenses and revel in stories that you know are untrue? ''

I've no doubt that is true.

Tadic is soul survivor of the "5 players that want out" that K,Billy mentioned some time ago. Lets hope we can get it sorted.

Really? I must have missed an outgoing then. Wanyama, Mané, Pellé...who did I miss ? Unless you're counting Ramirez but he was out anyway.

Interesting that while Koeman was here many fans accepted some of his bad decisions and bad judgement because he seemed a 'good bloke' and the team was doing OK, or even in the latter part of last season, doing well. But now the snake has gone its possible to see some of the inexplicable decisions he made without the rose-tinted glasses. Under-use of Tadic, as well as failing to motivate and encourage such a talented player was a prime example of poor management that could have seen us lose a key member of the team. Very much hope that Les Reed is working on that new contract and that Dusan will soon be committed for another 5 years.

It doesn't seem he's off. Just a rumour. Would be insanity to sell him, he's a terrific creative player and we're already short in that area. And why would that price be good? That many assists in the premier league? We don't need the money, we're short on players. I expected mane and wanyama, the others were starting regularly, but tadic would be a stupid sale. Far too much change and would leave a major rebuild in attack.

I would have been "insanity" to sell a number of players we have in the last few years. But we have when we didn't need to