If Ronald goes...

alpine_saint

Eddie Howe but don't think that'll be feasible yet, so I'd either go for a talented English coach like Gary Rowett/Sean Dyche or go down the Dutch root again due to the Dutch players we have and think we might end up with even more if Ronald sees out his contract (which he has repeatedly said he'll do) and then go for Frank De Boer if he's available.

We need someone who can attract top players.

De Boer then? TBH though do we? Did Leicester attract the TOP players? Nope. You need a good coach, tactician and man manager with a high quality scouting and recruiting network to back it up.

After Pardew we got Adkins and took a step up. After him - Pochettino and took a step up. After him, Koeman. We signed better players, played better football and had, an albeit too brief, taste of Europe and therefore took a step up.

Why would we buck the trend of hiring better managers than the outgoing by bringing Pearson back? You do remember where he had Leicester firmly rooted for most of last season?

I like Pearson as a good man for a fight. He saved us from relegation and, effectively, Leicester too. But we're not strugglers and need to look for another progressive, tactically good manager.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Exactly this, Pearson is the man for a scrap - Villa should have gone for him rather than Garde (although i'm not sure he would have saved them).

We need to go with a higher calibre than NP - De Boer would be brilliant

De Boer then? TBH though do we? Did Leicester attract the TOP players? Nope. You need a good coach, tactician and man manager with a high quality scouting and recruiting network to back it up.

We need someone who can attract top players.

This'll be the new battleground between the "airy-fairy we-can-win-the-league brigade" and the "unambitious Dell-sized mentality mob" throughout the season to come.

"lolololol wot so we don't need to sign GOOD players do we?! hur hur" versus "Well Leicester won the league innit - ya don't need no fifty millyun paahnd forinners"

Regarding the discussion at hand - Pearson did a jolly good job at the tail end of that godawful 07/08 season and deserves credit for keeping us up. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club now though. Doesn't represent the club well with the media, doesn't attract decent players and hasn't been successful in the Premier League unless you count managing to avoid relegation with a side that would go on to become Champions in the following season.

We could do a helluva lot worse than get Nigel Pearson back.

Thoughts ?

Good god! :rolleyes:

We need a BIG name.

Pellegrini I'd love to have. But that's probably a pipe dream.

..although this kind of contradicts what I just said, but I'd love to see Adkins back at the club to finish what he started.

People blow smoke up Poch's arse a bit to freely in various spots online given Poch's single solitary signing was Victor Wanyama, everybody else

was pretty much Adkins signings.

I'd also take Benitez, given that he took the Newcastle job which was just about as Toxic a job available that nobody was touching with a 10ft pole bar Villa wouldn't be above the

realms of possibility. And he knows how good we are.

David Moyes wouldn't be too terrible an option either.

Bearing in mind Koeman is STILL here and doing a great job imo, the only place where Koeman is leaving is in peoples heads, he hasn't once said he's going.

All said and done tbh I don't care who we get just as long as it ain't Brendan F'ng Rodgers.

I think that Ron's an honourable man and would not walk out before the end of his contract.

However, if he doesn't sign a new deal in the close season, we would risk a repeat of the WGS situation where the uncertainty can unsettle the whole club.

I'd take Rafa if he'd come and we could afford him.

We could do a helluva lot worse than get Nigel Pearson back.

Thoughts ?

Look at how much better Ranieri has done with the same group of players who were relegation fodder under Pearson. I saw Arsenal have just poached Leicester's head of recruitment / scouting.

Pellegrini joined Malaga after leaving Madrid... he guided Malaga to their highest ever league points and into the Champions League, where Malaga made it through to the knockout stages. I'd take Pellegrini in a heartbeat. Quality manager, class act as a man.

Pellegrini joined Malaga after leaving Madrid... he guided Malaga to their highest ever league points and into the Champions League, where Malaga made it through to the knockout stages. I'd take Pellegrini in a heartbeat. Quality manager, class act as a man.

said he wants to stay in the premier league as well

I would love to have Benitez (which I would have called unrealistic until he ended up at Newcastle) or De Boer.

Pellegrini, Howe (although I don't think he would move here) and Sanchez Flores are other names that stick in my mind. Maybe Erwin would like a crack at the big seat.

Ultimately I can see us picking someone from the left field though.

Also I think people here are being a bit harsh on Pearson, he may be a mentalist but he is Leicester's equivalent of Adkins, built 90% of the current Leicester team and their current run of form started under his tenure (not to take anything away from Ranieri who has pulled off a modern day footballing miracle).

If and when he leaves i wouldn't be surprised if we tried to interview Thomas Tuchel.

Would have loved to have him after Pochettino. Maybe he'll be free when Koeman goes, who has done a good job.

Wasn't there a rumour the club spoke to him as Pochettino's replacement but timing was wrong.

Diego Simeone would be nice....

But being more realistic could we potentially get Eddie Howe from Bournemouth? Obviously we would have to pay a lot to persuade him to leave and probably promise a big budget but on the other hand he would not need to relocate his family which would be a big draw. A very intelligent and young manager. The other bonus would be that it would send Bournemouth fans into meltdown which would be quite amusing. The drawback i suppose is that he does not have links to players in Europe but that is true of plenty of other successful managers.

People blow smoke up Poch's arse a bit to freely in various spots online given Poch's single solitary signing was Victor Wanyama, everybody else

was pretty much Adkins signings.

Yep, and it was Adkins who was responsible for the fitness and pressing which was worked well for us in the prem before Poch turned up.

Got rid too soon if you ask me.

Yep, and it was Adkins who was responsible for the fitness and pressing which was worked well for us in the prem before Poch turned up.

Got rid too soon if you ask me.

What has happened since has suggested it was perfect timing for Saints.

Pochettino inherited a good squad that Adkins had assembled and got more out of most of the players.

Pearson is quite obviously a terrible idea.

Tin hat time but if we could find a way to curb him a little bit in the transfer market (by working with our recruitment team) and don't let him completely revamp our defence...I wouldn't be adverse to Roberto Martinez.