Underperformance following promotion to the Prem

CB Fry

Boring old Leicester City

First season back - 14th

Second season up - Champions

Southampton Football Club - run by the single most driven, determined and focused football chairman the world has ever seen, and powered by the dreams and ambitions of a worshipping fanbase:

First season back - 14th

Second season - Ninth at point of sniveling defeated walk-out, club then rallies to finish 8th

14th to 9th/8th pretty pathetic now we know what we know now.

We're well shot of him.

Edited by CB Fry

First season back - 14th

Southampton Football Club - run by the single most driven, determined and focused football chairman the world has ever seen, and powered by the dreams and ambitions of a worshipping fanbase:

First season back - 14th

Second season - Ninth at point of sniveling defeated walk-out, club then rallies to finish 8th

We're well shot of him.

Well I was amused.

I'd also like to point out that not at any point did Cortese give me a free donut or beer.

Even as a Saints fan up at Leicester they were happy to give me a couple of them (Cheers Vichai), and Katharina saw us right with a beer and sausage and chips at Swansea too.

I can't wait for Leicester to change their kit to red.

Can I also congratulate Dean Hammond on winning the Premier League? I mean he's been at Sheffield United in L1 most of the season, but even so, he's definitely still a Leicester player.

Can I also congratulate Dean Hammond on winning the Premier League? I mean he's been at Sheffield United in L1 most of the season, but even so, he's definitely still a Leicester player.

He won't get a PL Champions Medal though, unless by special dispensation. Whereas Nathan Dyer presumably will.

First season back - 14th

First season back - 14th

We're well shot of him.

Quit being a troll.

lol this from the poster who thinks its a tremendous achievement coming 9th. Someone who scorned all the posters (not me as I doubted it as well) who said we could make the PL , a dream that ML and NC said we could achieve.

It wasn't just about results on the pitch though CB fried (lol). Cortese was a great guy off it which is why he was loved so much. There is plenty of evidence of that as well. Take sponsorship of the club shirts, most chairman see this as a way of maximising revenue, getting he best deal possible. Not our wonderful ex leader, he'd let local business sponsor their local team for a fraction of the going rate for a premier league clubs main sponsor. He kindly settled out of court on numerous occasions so small business didn't have to endure the stress of a court hearing and potentially incuring legal costs, even though he was Never wrong.

He was a great man manager as well, by openly dismissing the achievments of former players so that the current ones didn't feel the shadow of them looming over them potentially effecting their own performance.

He cared about everyone, even the away fans, using the away fund to make visiting Supporters have a fresh and clown evironment to enjoy their visit. A great gesture.

Even little things like the car park barriers at the club wishing you to "have a nice day" after you'd inserted your ticket into the machine to leave having just paid a small fee for the honour of visiting his workplace. These things are evidence that not only was the most driven and ambitious chairman football have ever seen he had a very human side and was also a great guy.

lol this from the poster who thinks its a tremendous achievement coming 9th. Someone who scorned all the posters (not me as I doubted it as well) who said we could make the PL , a dream that ML and NC said we could achieve.

I am fairly sure this did not happen.

Also, we can't actually come 9th, we're 8th at worst, so I'm fairly sure he didn't say that either.

Also, we can't actually come 9th, we're 8th at worst, so I'm fairly sure he didn't say that either.

I know it's unlikely, but why is it impossible for us to finish 9th? If Chelsea win their last three games 2-0, they will be on 57pts with a +13 GD, and if we lose both even by 1 goal, we will have 57pts with a +12 GD. Am I missing something?

It doesnt matter whether it is 8th or 9th, it was talked upon as some type of magical achievement. The fact is that Leicester did what posters on here scoffed at when they said we could achieve CL.