Saints v Palace build up & Match Thread

vince

If Forster is injured on 5 minutes, would you be happy with Davis playing the rest of the game instead of Stekenlenburg? I wouldn't, as for as great as Davis has been for this club it is a big drop in quality between the two. I can't see Koeman wanting to potentially risk a European spot for sentiment. The testimonial is the day for Davis, not Sunday.

Just testing your alertness ;)

--------------------------- Forster ----------------------------

Martina ------- Fonte --------------- VvD --------- Bertrand

-------------- Wanyama ------------- JWP --------------------

--------------------------- Davis ------------------------------

----- Mane --------------- Long ------------------ Tadic -----

Subs: Stek, Cedric, Yoshida, Romeu, JRod, Pelle, Austin

Not sure about Romeu and Wanyama together, despite Oriol playing well recently. Think JWP would be the better option and key to playing the runners in the inside channels.

Unfortunately as much as I use to enjoy the end of season cameo's, we still have a job to do.

Can't see Bournemouth getting a result at Old Trafford but can see West Ham and Liverpool drawing.

--------------------------- Forster ----------------------------

Cedric ------- Fonte --------------- VvD --------- Bertrand

------------------------ Wanyama -----------------------------

------------------- Davis --------------JWP---------------------

----- Mane --------------- Long ------------------ Tadic -----

Subs: Stek, Martina, Yoshida, Romeu, JRod, Pelle, Austin

Have a word with the chapel end then. Like a f!cking library at the Man City game, I had to apologise to my son and explain that sometimes people don't want to sing

Shouting or singing is not allowed down there. I was told this by a 'Chapel' member.... They like peace and quiet....

---------------Forster ---------

Martina ----Fonte --VvD ----Bertrand

-------Wanyama ----Romeu

Mane ---------Tadic ----------JRod

.........................Long

Subs: Stek, Gardos, Clasie, Jwp, Davis, Pelle, Austin

Two goal Davis has to start.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think its more agility/movement related why Koeman seems hesitant to play Wanyama and Romeu together.

I think it's also a yellow card barrier - Vic and Romeu are both likely to pick up an early yellow, and a DM pairing both on yellows for half the game isn't a great idea.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Have a word with the chapel end then. Like a f!cking library at the Man City game, I had to apologise to my son and explain that sometimes people don't want to sing

Shouting or singing is not allowed down there. I was told this by a 'Chapel' member.... They like peace and quiet....

Marvelous, the "correct way to support" lecturers are about

Hows the supporting manual coming on ?

Will it be ready to send out with the season tickets? :rolleyes:

And another....

Bunch of jokers the lot of them......... Nice being labelled as a pensioner at 51!!!!

As Toomer said earlier, most of us in the Chapel have done our time being lairy, singing a bigger repertoire of songs having a right giggle on a Saturday afternoon standing on the terraces of the Milton Road and latterly the Archers Road end, all against a back drop of getting your head properly kicked in by opposition fans with no rules of engagement.

As an aside it is so nice being able to walk down the road with oppo fans having a civilised chat both before and after a game without the need to be chaperoned and separated by the old bill.

Still in a few years time many of the current supporter police amongst us will be pensioners too, sooner than expected based on current joining age criteria........... Oh 9.5 hours till Horlicks: Mmmmmmmmm.

Bunch of jokers the lot of them......... Nice being labelled as a pensioner at 51!!!!

As Toomer said earlier, most of us in the Chapel have done our time being lairy, singing a bigger repertoire of songs having a right giggle on a Saturday afternoon standing on the terraces of the Milton Road and latterly the Archers Road end, all against a back drop of getting your head properly kicked in by opposition fans with no rules of engagement.

As an aside it is so nice being able to walk down the road with oppo fans having a civilised chat both before and after a game without the need to be chaperoned and separated by the old bill.

Still in a few years time many of the current supporter police amongst us will be pensioners too, sooner than expected based on current joining age criteria........... Oh 9.5 hours till Horlicks: Mmmmmmmmm.

Okay, let's not go getting all excited. Not with your blood pressure.

JBS, I'm 45 and understand wholly what you talk about. Especially about being able to walk to the ground with the oppo fans chatting away. Age mellows you.

Anyway, I asked my 9yo son whether he would prefer to sit in the Kingsland (where me and my dad have our STs) or stand behind the goals yelling his head off. He "upset" me by saying Kingsland. That's all he has known so maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but it is sad that he has only been to sanitised games. I don't mean that I would want him to go to a game with hooligans, but standing on the terraces was a great place to be. All seaters were compulsory in PL from 1994, so anyone under 22 wasn't alive, so let's say anyone under 27 or 28 won't know what supporting Saints from the terraces is like. OK, the last time I was on a terrace watching Saints was on Tuesday 28th September 2010 at Huish Park, but that's not quite the same thing as the top division. I did buy a few tickets for the Newcastle game for him and his uncle and cousin which was in the Northam right behind the goal, and he said it was much better there than Kingsland. I think he enjoyed singing "You're f***ing s**t" which would make sense as it is at the intellectual level of a 9 year old. ;)

I'm always slightly anxious when we are strong favourites. Consistent as our successful surges this half year have been, we can unexpectedly slip up when not expected to. RK is right, concentrate on the moment. Concentrate on beating Palace to guarantee 7th place, and by then what will be will have happened. Celebrate after the match, not before. There is work to be done.

We need to hit Palace hard and fast from the start, and not let up. No lack of concentration at any time because Wickham, Gayle and Puncheon can punish mistakes. COYR

Edited by eelpie

I wouldn't have a reserve keeper for this match. I would leave an empty place on the bench to honour the tragic death of Osvaldo's career. ;)

How about 96 empty seats for the tragic event at Hillsborough...

Spot on. He's always looking forward as well instead of forever slowing the play down.

Yep I think Romeu is a very good ball player (which kind of expected seeing as he came through Barca's academy) isn't afraid to make a run into the opposition box either. I think the club did well there for 5 million quid.

Call me sentimental but I would have Kelvin on the bench and if we are 3 goals to the good bring him on for the last ten minutes.

Sentimental I'm afraid. He has a whole match next week to take the acclaim of the crowd, rightly so.

We have a job to do today and other players are rightly ahead of him in their ability to do that job. Today isn't an end of season jolly for us.

Call me sentimental but I would have Kelvin on the bench and if we are 3 goals to the good bring him on for the last ten minutes.

And if Forster is injured in the first minute ? Or perhaps we should have two GK's on the bench.

I remember Strachan had MLT on the bench v Newcastle for the last game of the season when he retired. Injuries, and El Morrocan-bloke's sending off after his tackle on Dyer put paid to that plan though.