Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

Koeman does not deny anything and doesn't say he's staying at the ongoing press conference for the Palace game.

Normal sort of play - I am manager for one more year on my contract and next week there is a chance to discuss future before I go on holiday.

So - when the board fail to make funds available and announce which of the best players are off in the summer (an undeniable proven track record since & including PottyChino leaving) we should worry.

But of course the Board are going to job on to our best players and give Koeman a significant fighting fund to push on into the Champions a league next season aren't they?

All eyes on Les, Mizz Liebherr and Ralf next week.

Time to invest. Time to show ambition. Time to build. Time to secure our excellent management team.

Most important week in Southamptons recent history might be next week.

GroundhogDay1.jpeg

Imagine the Scene.

Erwin: 'Hey, Ronald'

Ronald: 'What is it, my beloved assistant manager,friend and, dare I say it, brother?'

Erwin: 'How do you fancy joining Everton, the 12th most succesful team in the Premiership, and leave Southampton, the 7th most succesful team in the Premiership?'

Ronald: 'Get out, and send in Sammy Lee. You are dead to me

Sammy Lee: You wanted to see me, boss?

Ronald: Sammy, have you filled in those adoption forms for Moeder and Vader to adopt you yet?

I thik that explains the situation.Probably.

I like how some Everton fans think we don't realise they have a billionaire owner, and that might be a reason Koeman would go there. Irony.

Also, isn't the £100M warchest they keep going on about just the extra money from the TV deal this season?

I like how some Everton fans think we don't realise they have a billionaire owner, and that might be a reason Koeman would go there. Irony.

Also, isn't the £100M warchest they keep going on about just the extra money from the TV deal this season?

Some of the paper reports about this warchest says a lot of it will be money from selling Stones and Lukaku.

What is it about teams that play in blue having a sub-intellectual fan base....?

Edited by trousers

Imagine the Scene.

Erwin: 'Hey, Ronald'

Ronald: 'What is it, my beloved assistant manager,friend and, dare I say it, brother?'

Erwin: 'How do you fancy joining Everton, the 12th most succesful team in the Premiership, and leave Southampton, the 7th most succesful team in the Premiership?'

Ronald: 'Get out, and send in Sammy Lee. You are dead to me

Sammy Lee: You wanted to see me, boss?

Ronald: Sammy, have you filled in those adoption forms for Moeder and Vader to adopt you yet?

I thik that explains the situation.Probably.

Reckon he'd tell Erwin to stop referring to it as the Premiership.

muppet sports reporter on radio2 this morning announced that koeman was favourite to take over at everton after resigning as boss of ajax last night.........

i think the sky video says nothing will happen until he has spoken to the club after the palace game. I dare say if he doesn't like what he sees then that might open the door to everton but ffs, surely he can do better than that.

And including the money from the sales of Lukaku and Stones.

Not sure, really. He doesn't give anything away. But i think he is an honourable man and if he is not convinced that we can improve he might go somewhere else for a fresh challenge. I wouldn't underestimate Everton. Very passionate fans and could be turned around relatively easily with a few good buys and better tactics. Can we do that much better than 7th? It's a tricky position we'll keep coming up against, and may have to keep losing youngish, good managers unless we push on. Good signs re VVD, Forster and JWP though. If we got rid of Pelle that would show real ambition... ;-)

Interesting reading their forum. There are clearly some deluded individuals who think Mourinho is realistically an option, who also seem to have decided that their new owner will make them the next Man City. Unless i'm missing something that isn't going to happen. Yet there are some sane individuals who whilst proud of their historic success realise there's a long hard slog up the table from where they are now.

Personally i doubt Koeman would be interested. It seems different to the situation with Potch where we were being poached by a club higher in the league with a recent history of high placings.

With Everton the squad needs serious reworking when you look beyond the 3 young crown jewels they are desperate not to have poached off them, 2 seasons of lower mid table finishes, they've got an old moderately bigger ground, marginally higher current revenue. It just doesn't come across to me as a significantly big step up compared to the risk. Personally i think they should be jumping to secure De Boer, who looks perfect option to try and turn them round.

Not sure, really. He doesn't give anything away. But i think he is an honourable man and if he is not convinced that we can improve he might go somewhere else for a fresh challenge. I wouldn't underestimate Everton. Very passionate fans and could be turned around relatively easily with a few good buys and better tactics. Can we do that much better than 7th? It's a tricky position we'll keep coming up against, and may have to keep losing youngish, good managers unless we push on. Good signs re VVD, Forster and JWP though. If we got rid of Pelle that would show real ambition... ;-)

You seriously have to ask that when...

a - we can still finish 5th this season

b - Leicester won the title

Newcastle and Villa have passionate fans, counts for sh*t.

Some sensible fans in their forums but Christ the majority are deluded. I agree on balance they are the larger club, but we are the more attractive option currently.

Seems a moot point though as most expect either mourinho or simeone - laughable.

Just read that everton forum.

some way OTT comments.

'if koeman has ANY ambition, he would jump at the chance to come to us'

WTF? Everton are a big club no doubt. So are Leeds and Forest. Brilliant

Edited by Batman

My favourite two quotes from GOT forum:

He has a year left, the club have said he is free to leave, they are giving it the "We would never keep somebody here that doesnt want to be here".

A joke of a club.

Just took a look at the Saints forum.

I think they're in the denial phase at the moment.

He has a year left, the club have said he is free to leave, they are giving it the "We would never keep somebody here that doesnt want to be here".

A joke of a club.

I think they are the ones in denial.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

"Even if I stay one more year I fight until the last second of the last day" - full Koeman interview on @BBCRadioSolent after 6 #saintsfc

Seems the most likely outcome at the moment and wouldn't be disasterous.

Will be interesting to see whether the Club will just let him run his deal down and put up with the uncertainty that brings. Tough scenario for them.

"Everton are a sleeping giant. It's not just the trophies it's the whole history, the founders of the Football League status, Dixie Dean the other many great players to have played for the club, Goodison Park being the first 3 tier stadium in Europe, their whole standing in the game etc. Southampton have spent a lot of time in the lower leagues and have won only one major trophy in their history the FA Cup in 1976. They're famous for Jimmy McCalliog (the scorer of the goal that won the FA Cup) and Matt Le-Tissier. That's it. Nothing there really.Like it has been said in a previous post if Everton want Koeman he will come. He would be mad not to.

JAYMULL, 29 minutes ago "

:?

"Everton are a sleeping giant. It's not just the trophies it's the whole history, the founders of the Football League status, Dixie Dean the other many great players to have played for the club, Goodison Park being the first 3 tier stadium in Europe, their whole standing in the game etc. Southampton have spent a lot of time in the lower leagues and have won only one major trophy in their history the FA Cup in 1976. They're famous for Jimmy McCalliog (the scorer of the goal that won the FA Cup) and Matt Le-Tissier. That's it. Nothing there really.Like it has been said in a previous post if Everton want Koeman he will come. He would be mad not to.

3 tier stadium but an absolute **** hole of a ground.

Jim McCalliog scored the goal....FFS. Credibility zero immediately.

Koeman seems to have very strong values. From what he's saying he has 1 year left and will see out his contract. In the mean time he will continue to speak to the club before he decides whether or not to extend. From what he's saying there is no club/team he would move to in the next 12 months, no matter who they are, how much they pay or what they can offer. Of course this is just how he comes across. Whether he means it or not we will see.

Poch on the other hand reminds me of a rat. As soon as there's any sign of the vessel taking on water he's the first on a bit of driftwood heading for land. Here's a visual example of how the owner probably felt when Poch was here desperate to jump ship.

[video=youtube_share;VVpeezltR1o]

And yet, they're still seen as beneath us now, inferior.

That is how far and how fast they've fallen, and how much we've grown.

That's what it feels like to fall back and be overtaken by other teams, has to be stinging :lol:

A joke of a club.

We're more likely to be in de Itchen rather than de Nile...

I was thinking more along the lines of Preston North End. They've got a tremendous history.

According to that everton thread we are the same size club as preston and wigan though... so Koeman needs to step up from that level..... :mcinnes:

F**k their history, no one cares about their history, he goes there and he is gonna find a blue wearing version of saints in 2014 when he came to us. Who the h*ck wants to go through that again, all the bleak predictions after virtually every player fled the club.( I got bleak predictions about Everton's future)

SO this guy reckons that because Goodison Park was the first 3-tier stadium in Europe, it should make them more of a pull for a manager than Saints? Well if that is the criteria, I could argue then point that The Dell won national awards for its facilities when it was first opened. But I'm not going to do that because I'm not a deluded imbecile who is living in the past.

In the here and now, Goodison Park is a crumbling sh*thole of a ground and an embarrassment to the PL frankly. And that sums up the whole situation in a nutshell. Once proud but now run down and dilapidated - a bit like the club themselves.

And I thought we had some idiots in our fanbase - this guy wins the moron award hands down.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

SO this guy reckons that because Goodison Park was the first 3-tier stadium in Europe, it should make them more of a pull for a manager than Saints? Well if that is the criteria, I could argue then point that The Dell won national awards for its facilities when it was first opened. But I'm not going to do that because I'm not a deluded imbecile who is living in the past.

In the here and now, Goodison Park is a crumbling sh*thole of a ground and an embarrassment to the PL frankly. And that sums up the whole situation in a nutshell. Once proud but now run down and dilapidated - a bit like the club themselves.

And I thought we had some idiots in our fanbase - this guy wins the moron award hands down.

He also doesn't realise it was actually Stokes who scored the goal. :lol:

And the Dell was the first ground with permanent floodlighting. That's real history.

Ahahahaha...

Someone on their forum trying to claim that Liverpool's titles are really theirs because Liverpool came about from Everton moving out of Anfield...

If that's the case, we get Brazil's World Cups.

This made me laugh.

"In human body terms Southampton are the appendix. It's there but no one knows what it does and no one would miss it if it's yanked out.

Imagine being Koeman and having to manage a club supported by a fanbase that's the equivalent of the Inbetweeners on cocaine. The cringey bastards trying to banter you every week, and the all round scruffy nature of the "city" of Southampon and its people. They're a tragic bunch of humourless titheads who no one is arsed about.

We're Everton, Liverpool is our city. There's no debate to be had really.

The cruise ships know it. The outside tourists choose it and so will their Eskimo eyed freckle of a bee stung featured manager.

If he wink at him he will crawl over broken glass to have the honour of managing Everton and to put distance between him and their mouth breathing southern coast mutants.

End of chat."

I'll readily point out when Saints fans are being kn*bbers and other fans have a point about us but the posts on that forum... :scared:

If any Everton fans are reading this forum; yes, you do have a better history than us. Fantastic, well done, have a cookie. I'm not going to deny for a second that winning the league a couple of times in the 80s is more than we've got to boast about but why on Earth would that be relevant to Koeman? If you think ANYONE cares about history when they sign for a club, just watch all the world class players flocking to Leeds, Forest and Wolves this summer.

Fact is in the last 25 years you've won less than Wigan, Pompey, Boro, Swansea, Birmingham, Leicester or Blackburn. Even we have the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, you have nothing.