2016 summer window HCDAJFU

mcbendy

My Celtic supporting mate is getting a little ****ed off with us - about a month or so I mentioned near Bitterne when he was around and he told me to fook off. Problem was I was speaking about Harefield - made me laugh!

Hahaha, can't say I blame him, poor bloke, paranoia has crept in.

Apparently Bitton is too good for a mid-table prem side, which I think was meant to mean us.

I see Joe Allen might be surplus to requirements at Liverpool, 26, possible player to share the load with Steven Davis?

Would be a step up for him, European football and all that. Always a bit mindful about taking players from teams with a habit of losing though, shows a possible lack of backbone.

Mata will go to a top champions league team for £30m+.

Worth keeping an eye out for the rejected young players, loan to buy or otherwise. Januzaj perhaps, certainly doesn't fit the Mourinho style.

Januzaj doesn't really fit Koeman's style either

Reading that article and then this one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/25/juan-mata-footballers-earn-an-obscene-amount-and-live-in-bubble/ he comes across as a very intelligent, cultured man who would be superb for us. He says he'd "happily take a pay cut if there was less business involvement in the sport."

Maybe we can help him feel better about things by offering him a less obscene wage? ;)

Will Utd have that big a clear out though? Arguably, they have good players, but they have been carelessly managed for the last 12-18months. I think Jose can get a lot more out of Depay, Morgan, Bastian, Herrera.

The players who I think may be available are Phil-Pulls Faces Jones, and Adnan - but neither of those are really needed here and Adnan reminds me of Macheda. Not actually that good, just arrived on a crest of a wave.

Will Utd have that big a clear out though? Arguably, they have good players, but they have been carelessly managed for the last 12-18months. I think Jose can get a lot more out of Depay, Morgan, Bastian, Herrera.

The players who I think may be available are Phil-Pulls Faces Jones, and Adnan - but neither of those are really needed here and Adnan reminds me of Macheda. Not actually that good, just arrived on a crest of a wave.

Presume Mata because Jose didn't want him at Chelsea. I think Jose will be good for Morgan.

I can't decide whether Memphis is absolutely a Jose kind of player or the complete opposite.

I can't decide whether Memphis is absolutely a Jose kind of player or the complete opposite.

I remember how he played at Chelsea with Robben one side and Duff the other, rotating with SWP and Cole. In his last stint at Chelsea he liked Willian and Hazard to get wide, so I think he likes width. Depay clearly has ability, but he's not been managed or used in the same way. I would imagine Utd will want to see a decent return on their £35m investment too, rather than ship him off at a loss as they did with Di Maria (another cracking player, who was managed appallingly)

Edited by S-Clarke

If we are looking at Praet then I hope we looked at Youri Tielemans too. I know I dream, but if you don't ask, you don't get. He will play for the very biggest teams in the future

Why not both? If nothing else it'll save me some time on FM 2017....

Morgan back in a heart beat.

You are dreaming if you think we can afford any of their wages. Lets be clear.. we've spent 3 years trying to get 60k a week gaston off the books. Most we pay is around 45-50k. Morgan is nearly double that.

You are dreaming if you think we can afford any of their wages. Lets be clear.. we've spent 3 years trying to get 60k a week gaston off the books. Most we pay is around 45-50k. Morgan is nearly double that.

And would be worth every penny,and proven as well with us unlike Gaston & Osvaldo

I find it highly unlikely that VVD and Forster have signed new, incredibly long contract extensions for less than we were paying Gaston Ramirez.

Your miles away if you think our top earner is 50k try 78k

I have no sympathy for Celtic, they gave up their ambition and decided to cash in on their players! Haha.

My Celtic supporting mate is getting a little ****ed off with us - about a month or so I mentioned near Bitterne when he was around and he told me to fook off. Problem was I was speaking about Harefield - made me laugh!

Wonder where Fellaini will go from Utd. Not good enough there perhaps, but we could do with a goalscoring midfielder and more physical presence if Vic goes. Not a replacement no, but could play the Davis role and he was excellent at Everton. I think he'd be a good option, transfer fee would probably be affordable, just wages.

agree with all your points, he is a good player with a better history, ticks the box of being physical and would make us demons at defending/scoring from corners, what with Fonte, VVD, Pelle, etc.

just don't particularly want to see him in a saints shirt, odd though it sounds. his personality on the pitch doesn't win me over and there are probably options out there that are cheaper, lower wages and a bit more likeable, but still quality defensive midfielders, know what I mean?

agree with all your points, he is a good player with a better history, ticks the box of being physical and would make us demons at defending/scoring from corners, what with Fonte, VVD, Pelle, etc.

just don't particularly want to see him in a saints shirt, odd though it sounds. his personality on the pitch doesn't win me over and there are probably options out there that are cheaper, lower wages and a bit more likeable, but still quality defensive midfielders, know what I mean?

I hate Fellaini. Good though he may be, I wouldn't want him here.

If we were to get a Belgian with an Afro - I'd go with Witsel. Lower wages, affordable transfer fee and better eyebrows

Zenit spent £30m on him - can't see him being cheap on either front.

Every player we will sign will be between 21-24 with at least 70-100 first team caps and 1-10 international caps - and likely not play for a top side.

Zenit spent £30m on him - can't see him being cheap on either front.

Every player we will sign will be between 21-24 with at least 70-100 first team caps and 1-10 international caps - and likely not play for a top side.

Linked with Stoke for £11m - one year left on his contract

How on earth is Mario Gotze only rumoured to be worth 20m EUR?

Seems crazy low, even given there's only as year left on contract, for an established 23 y.o. international playing for a champions league club, and scoring for them too.

Wages will be extreme and he's pledged allegiance to Bayern, and not a chance he'll be coming to saints, but at least it gives an insight into how jaded we've become in england and how many options there are in other leagues.

on the continent it seems 20m actually goes a long way..