Proof the BBC hates us.

alpine_saint

Using MOTD as a BBC Hate Campaign..is a bit retarded.

MOTD usually bigs us up a fair bit on there.

Especially Lineker.

At least that's the impression I get.

We might not be shown 1st on MOTD but that ain't exactly symbolic of the "BBC" as an organisation hating us imo.

Certain Sky Sports Commentators on the other hand...

My overwhelming interest is in the Saints' game and that is likely to be true of the supporters of many other teams. I haven't paid enough attention to know whether the match shown first has a longer slot than any of the others. The programme title 'Match of the Day' suggests that it should although the title is probably a hangover from when only one match was allowed to be shown. Limited, so called 'highlights' don't give a true flavour of any match so the build-up to the goals scored, if any, is probably enough for many people.

From the BBC's point of view, we can't escape the fact that the wealthy and highly publicised clubs such as the Manchester, Liverpool and London teams do attract a wider following around the country of glory supporters so probably more viewers do want to watch those clubs than teams in the category of Stoke; Southampton; Bournemouth; Norwich; Swansea, etc.

Leicester City being at the top of the viewing list does confirm that if an 'unfashionable' club does well it will get more attention so Saints could benefit in the same way if the team continue to perform well. It may be that Southampton's excellent performance over the second half of the season took the broadcasters by surprise and they have been slow in catching up with how well Saints have done.

"Daily Mail in any thin pretence to have a pop at the BBC" shock.

Rather than the Mail highlight how much the Beeb hates us (it doesn't, there is a solid knot of Saints fans working for BBC Sport) this story only serves to serves how the Mail ignores us. The Mail fails to mention the fact we only led MOTD once. In fact, other than in the graphic, we don't warrant a mention at all.

So does that mean that Sky hate Leicester.

Sky have shown Arsenal 12 times more this season than Leicester.

Personally I think MOTD has been pretty good to Saints - I've never heard Alan Shearer say anything other than good things about us.

Now if you want to have a go at someone go listen to that moron Paul Merson - he really doesn't like us.

We only played 23 games this season that could have featured on Match of the Day (Saturday or Sunday 15th May). Most of the matches we played on Sundays would have been against "top" teams and more likely we would have featured higher (not because of us but because of who we were playing).

To quote Mark Hughes in that article:

But we don't really bother too much about it - and I think people probably watch other football shows these days anyway, so don't read too much significance into it.

Do people honestly care about MOTD these days?

Now, if only there was a graphic to show how many times the pundits on MOTD went on about how well we had done despite losing all our players ........

Urrrgh yes stock football commentator comment on saints these days. Be nice if they looked beyond "well they sold players.". Especially as we only sold two last summer.

Edited by doddisalegend

Not bothered reading the linked article but MotD running order generally always appears to me (without any scientific data to back it up), 1st - match involving highest placed team playing that day based on that mornings table, 2nd -match involving next highest placed team, 3rd - match involving next highest placed team and so on, with the odd late change for exceptional matches such as our 8-0 against Sunderland or the relegation of last place for a boring 0-0 or 1-0 with few incidents (ManUre seemed to be well down the order on several occasions this season). Never once have I considered they show any anti_saints (or anti-anyone come to that) bias.

No proof whatsoever that the BBC "hates us." The article is about Leicester being shown the first most times and Stoke (the BBC must really hate them) being shown last the most times. We were shown first one time. Tottenham twice. Watford once. West Brom not at all. But let's make this about the BBC and us eh?

We only played 23 games this season that could have featured on Match of the Day (Saturday or Sunday 15th May). Most of the matches we played on Sundays would have been against "top" teams and more likely we would have featured higher (not because of us but because of who we were playing).

To quote Mark Hughes in that article:

But we don't really bother too much about it - and I think people probably watch other football shows these days anyway, so don't read too much significance into it.

Do people honestly care about MOTD these days?

Still the best around. What other shows are there?

Using MOTD as a BBC Hate Campaign..is a bit retarded.

MOTD usually bigs us up a fair bit on there.

Especially Lineker.

At least that's the impression I get.

We might not be shown 1st on MOTD but that ain't exactly symbolic of the "BBC" as an organisation hating us imo.

Certain Sky Sports Commentators on the other hand...

Are you Neil Allen?