Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Fair play to Leicester, looks like Vardy has signed a new contract.

Would love to know the details, they must have gone beyond 100K a week you'd think to keep him which might not look so sensible if they and he have a couple of rubbish seasons.

Would love to know the details, they must have gone beyond 100K a week you'd think to keep him which might not look so sensible if they and he have a couple of rubbish seasons.

They would never have won the league with that sort of defeatist talk. They can easily afford it, so why not.

4 years as well which will take him to 33 considering much of his game is about pace. I'm more than surprised. At his age and with his fight to get to where he is today I would have thought he'd be a dead cert for a move. Good on Leicester though.

4 years as well which will take him to 33 considering much of his game is about pace. I'm more than surprised. At his age and with his fight to get to where he is today I would have thought he'd be a dead cert for a move. Good on Leicester though.

He's in the England team and first name on the team sheet while playing at Leicester. If Leicester have offered him another 30 grand a week he probably felt a move to another club, where he'd have to prove himself again, is a risk he didn't need to take. He's guaranteed 400K a month for 4 years which pretty much sets up for life with the associated risk of a big club move.

They would never have won the league with that sort of defeatist talk. They can easily afford it, so why not.

Can they easily afford it though if Kante and Mahrez and half a dozen others ask for it to be matched, can they afford it with no Champions league in future seasons? I remember Leeds gambling on continued Champions League qualification and loosing rather badly! Paying one player a massive salary has knock on effects!

What a waste of money that would be

If you can a player like Sneijder for £5M then you should always do that. Worst case scenario he becomes a rotation player but the amount of experience a guy like him brings to a team is worth the money alone. Not to mention, he's still a damn good player.

If you can a player like Sneijder for £5M then you should always do that. Worst case scenario he becomes a rotation player but the amount of experience a guy like him brings to a team is worth the money alone. Not to mention, he's still a damn good player.

& wages won't be an issue when you're paying your manager £140k a week.

& wages won't be an issue when you're paying your manager £140k a week.

and when your other star players find out just how much more he's on than them they won't go knocking on the managers door asking for there share of the new Wonga?

and when your other star players find out just how much more he's on than them they won't go knocking on the managers door asking for there share of the new Wonga?

That's the same anywhere though. If Everton are indeed minted, then their players will be split into 2 camps: Players they want to sign to new contracts & players they don't.

That's the same anywhere though. If Everton are indeed minted, then their players will be split into 2 camps: Players they want to sign to new contracts & players they don't.

but will they be prepared to pay players the same as Wesley or risk loosing them because they are ****ed off that the club thinks some past it big name is worth more than them?

but will they be prepared to pay players the same as Wesley or risk loosing them because they are ****ed off that the club thinks some past it big name is worth more than them?

I think the players (assuming the club is legit minted) they want to keep would probably command similar wouldn't they?

Lukaku / Stones etc will probably command similar size wages if they moved.

I think the players (assuming the club is legit minted) they want to keep would probably command similar wouldn't they?

Lukaku / Stones etc will probably command similar size wages if they moved.

that's the question though are they really that minted? Will the owner really be able to stand those sorts of losses and will financial fair play allow it?

UNITED AGREE £26.3M MKHITARYAN FEE

Man Utd are close to completing the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Dortmund after talks reached an advanced stage on Sunday, according to Sky sources.

The 27-year-old Armenia midfielder has agreed personal terms with United after talks with his representative and will undergo a medical within the next week.

Now that's a fee for someone with a year left on their deal!

If Everton are interested in Morgan then I don't see why we can't be, perfect replacement for Wanyama.

Lol we have been down this route with all the Everton fans. We are a small selling club..there is no way Morgan would consider coming back here!

According to L'Equipe, the only team that has an agreement with Marsaille for highly sought after striker Michy Batshuayi is..er..Crystal Palace. 38m euros plus bonsues.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Crystal-palace-et-l-om-d-accord-sur-michy-batshuayi/700191

Someone else will probably come in for him after the Euros mind you, but that would be a massive Coup for Palace if it happens.

According to L'Equipe, the only team that has an agreement with Marsaille for highly sought after striker Michy Batshuayi is..er..Crystal Palace. 38m euros plus bonsues.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Crystal-palace-et-l-om-d-accord-sur-michy-batshuayi/700191

Someone else will probably come in for him after the Euros mind you, but that would be a massive Coup for Palace if it happens.

No need for us to be jealous, we are signing a Spanish wonder kid and a Scottish 16yo

Wow! That's about the same as Mané.

One very good bit of news: Koeman is trying to take Steckelenburg with him to Everton. Good f---ing riddance. You are welcome to him. Wrap this deal up quickly, Les, before Ron changes his mind.

What on earth has it got to do with Les?

Hmmn looks like we are going to have to have one of those threads about being jealous of Crystal Palace and Stokes signings again.

This does kind of confirm to me though that we should easily be capable of spending that amount, without even accounting for the money in sales.

But I doubt that will happen.

But I don't think Stekelenburg is a Saint's player any more. Doesn't he belong to Fulham, or did I miss a permanent signing of him at some time or other.

Apparently Fulham want £750k for him, which in my opinion is a steal for a player like that. Only his wages of £25k a week may be too high.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-deal-southampton-maarten-stekelenburg-11378039

PALACE BID £31.5M FOR BATSHUAYI

He's among the most coveted names of European strikers, but it looks like Crystal Palace are determined on winning the battle to sign Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, according to Sky sources.

Palace have made a bid of €38m and nearly two and a half times more than the £12.8m they paid for Yohan Cabaye, their previous transfer record.

Batshuayi was linked heavily with moves to Newcastle and Stoke last January and he has since reportedly been the subject of interest this summer from Tottenham.

He's among the most coveted names of European strikers, but it looks like Crystal Palace are determined on winning the battle to sign Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, according to Sky sources.

Palace have made a bid of €38m and nearly two and a half times more than the £12.8m they paid for Yohan Cabaye, their previous transfer record.

Batshuayi was linked heavily with moves to Newcastle and Stoke last January and he has since reportedly been the subject of interest this summer from Tottenham.

Well then Palarse need their collective head examined. Batshuayi is a prospect but is certainly not worth more than the 5 million or so that Liverpool paid Lille for Origi.

Ummmm what?

Batsh it more like.

PALACE IN FOR TOWNSEND

Crystal Palace are set to activate Andros Townsend's £13m release clause, Sky sources understand.

Newcastle are yet to receive an official bid from Palace but we understand that will come and the Championship club are bracing themselves for it.

PALACE IN FOR TOWNSEND

Crystal Palace are set to activate Andros Townsend's £13m release clause, Sky sources understand.

Newcastle are yet to receive an official bid from Palace but we understand that will come and the Championship club are bracing themselves for it.

How many clubs is that who are set to activate Townsend's release clause now? I've seen Liverpool, Saints, Stoke and Watford linked in the press so far.

Finally it's Chelsea for €40m .

Finally it's Chelsea for €40m .

More fool them, transfer market has gone mad, 5 million quid for a manager, 30 odd million for a maybe/maybenot like Batshuayi ..it will all not end well. Still what can you expect when Spurs paid 20 odd million for that Korean bloke last summer.

I wonder if we are seeing a Brexit effect here.

Also from that article I'm more worried about -

They intend to purchase an elite centre-half in the weeks ahead

Very surprised VVD has not been mentioned anywhere considering quite a few clubs need centre-backs, probably a blessing for us Holland aren't at the Euros.

As I have said before, my tip for relegation, based on the past two FA cup losers being relegated the following season.

Throw in they were total dreck in the back half of the league this year, they COULD lose Bolasie and one or two more, and they have a terrible final two months of fixtures next year.

I'll probably be wrong of course, which is fine.

Very decent club in my opinion.

I wonder if we are seeing a Brexit effect here.

Also from that article I'm more worried about -

Very surprised VVD has not been mentioned anywhere considering quite a few clubs need centre-backs, probably a blessing for us Holland aren't at the Euros.

No one Will want to spend 50m on him that we'd want for an excellent defender with 6 years left on his contract.