Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Arsenal just hover in the background all the time, watching target after target get snapped up because they don't want to pay the going rate.

& when they do (Vardy) they get rejected :)

I'm expecting them to sign a diminutive attacking midfielder that they don't need any day now.

SPURS EYE MARSEILLE WINGER

Tottenham have joined the race to sign Marseille wide man George-Kevin N’Koudou, according to reports in La Provence.

However, the north London club face competition for the France U21 international's signature from the likes of both Hamburg and Sevilla.

N’Koudou, 21, is expected to cost around €15m.

DOUBT OVER SAKHO'S WEST HAM FUTURE

Diafra Sakho has refused to travel with the squad for West Ham’s pre-season tour to Austria, according to Sky sources.

The striker handed in a transfer request earlier this month after the club publicly admitted its interest in signing a big-name forward.

SSN understands two Premier League clubs, as well as Sevilla and Hamburg, have all enquired about Sakho’s availability.

LOL what? That is one optimistic transfer.

Shame for Leicester, you'd think that squad would at least want a crack at defending the title and playing Champions League football together. Kante is only 25 easily enough time for him to get his big money move in a year or two.

LOL what? That is one optimistic transfer.

Shame for Leicester, you'd think that squad would at least want a crack at defending the title and playing Champions League football together. Kante is only 25 easily enough time for him to get his big money move in a year or two.

The need for greed, pure and simple! At least we are not the only overachieving medium sized provincial club being raided anymore, I suppose...

The need for greed, pure and simple! At least we are not the only overachieving medium sized provincial club being raided anymore, I suppose...

He may well regret that move. Chelsea are still basically the same side that they were last season and Conte has no PL experience. Never mind he'll get shedloads of money.

Sad for Football generally though, especially after such a remarkable success.

When the Premier League Champions can't stop a player moving to a team that finished 10th you know there is too much money about.

maybe Kante wants to drop down a little for a broader future of success?

it is sad but predictable. it happened with us with a modicum of success, the only difference is that LCFC had CL this season. I suspect that the reasoning behind a move is that while Chelsea don't have it this season, they will for the remaining 4 seasons of the 5 year contract, while LCFC won't be there again.

While I don't like to see it happening to LCFC, there is a part of me that says "welcome to the club" as it was lonely being the only one that "couldn't keep" their players

It's not really a surprise to see Leicester being picked off like this. Marhez is next, apparently.

I feel for them and totally get how they feel, any inch of success and the 'top' clubs want to bat you back down again. I hope they're able to do what we do and just grow from this summer. A quick browse on the Leicester forums is depressing, obviously a lot of knee-jerk responses, but they shouldn't be feeling as they do after winning the title. Football is so ****ed for us 'also rans'.

'MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE'

Co-chairman David Gold has assured West Ham fans the club are working hard to bring in new players and have “many irons in the fire”.

David Sullivan, also a co-chairman, revealed in May the club were prepared to spend up to £30m on a "top striker" as manager Slaven Bilic looks to build on last season's seventh-place finish in the Premier League.

"I can assure all our supporters that we are still working hard behind the scenes to bring new players into the squad and have many irons in the fire," Gold told the club's website.

"There is still a long way to go before the transfer window closes. David Sullivan is working relentlessly to push these players over the line and nobody is better than him at getting the best possible deals."

Unlike West Ham to break ranks and publicly mention transfers ;)

Spurs window looks ok on paper but is it just me or are they building a really big squad more quantity over quality? They did the same the last time they got a big cash boost (Bale sale) and ended up filling it with plodders.

GK Lloris Vorm

RB Walker Trippier Yedlin

CB Alderweireld Vertonghen Fazio Wimmer

LB Rose Davies

CM Dier Dembele Wanyama Bentaleb Mason Carroll

AM Alli Eriksen Lamela Chadli Son Onomah Nkoudou

ST Kane N'Jie Janssen

A lot of them are young too. Their development will take a big hit not getting to play.

Spurs window looks ok on paper but is it just me or are they building a really big squad more quantity over quality? They did the same the last time they got a big cash boost (Bale sale) and ended up filling it with plodders.

GK Lloris Vorm

LB Rose Davies

ST Kane N'Jie Janssen

A lot of them are young too. Their development will take a big hit not getting to play.

Njie is going out on loan, probably to Marseille.

GK Lloris Vorm

LB Rose Davies

ST Kane N'Jie Janssen

Have an intense dislike for spurs, but even through that I can't describe too many of that squad as 'plodders', although accept some are unproven.

They look to have too many right backs there, perhaps we could relieve them of Trippier.

GK Lloris Vorm

LB Rose Davies

ST Kane N'Jie Janssen

A fair few of those probably won't be around: Yedlin, Fazio, Bentaleb, Mason, N'Jie.

I think Spurs are having a decent window. Looking to strengthen their spine for the champions league, not losing anyone at all & more importantly, all of their young players should improve next season.

STOKE CLOSE ON SOBHI

Stoke City are closing in on the signing of Ramadan Sobhi, who arrived at the club to complete the deal this weekend, and boss Mark Huges can't wait to get started.

""We are hoping that (deal) is going to be concluded quite soon," he said following the Potters 3-0 pre-season loss to Burton Albion.

"I met him last night and he seems a very mature young man and we've got high hopes for him, so I'm very pleased he's going to join us and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"The Egyptian league isn't an easy league, so he's obviously capable of dealing with that aspect and I'm sure he will have an impact with us."

Have an intense dislike for spurs, but even through that I can't describe too many of that squad as 'plodders', although accept some are unproven.

They look to have too many right backs there, perhaps we could relieve them of Trippier.

I guess what I mean to say is they're making signings that are arguably not starting XI. Wanyama's a bargain but £17m for Janssen to play second fiddle to Kane and £21m for Nkoudou who has a lot of competition to get a start. They're increasing their depth with CL but not really improving their best 11. I'd argue they already had some depth for those 3 positions and definitely had the cash to make a big signing or 2.

@GFFN: Marseille winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou's move to Tottenham Hotspur is 99% done. More to follow.

Spurs having (another) good window.

Why did you change your account Saint Charlie? Seems incredibly sad. Maybe your old alias had been found out? Won't be too long for this one then.

Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons

Tottenham agree deal to sign Marseille's Georges-Kévin #Nkoudou for £11m. Winger spoke to Pochettino on phone #thfc

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/17/tottenham-agree-deal-sign-georges-kevin-nkoudou-marseille

Having completed the purchase of the Holland striker Vincent Janssen last week, Mauricio Pochettino has been keen to make further additions to his squad before the start of the Premier League season. The Spurs head coach had considered an offer for the £20m-rated Lille playmaker Sofiane Boufal, who is also being monitored by Chelsea and Arsenal as he recovers from a knee injury, before settling on a move for Nkoudou instead last week.

Boro are looking to sign Januzaj according to the Mirror. Would be a good option for us IMO. A player who has massive potential but his progress has stalled a bit due to lack of game time. Also could play in any of the AM roles.

I wouldn't say no. Certainly the type of attacking midfielder we should be looking at.

Although this might put a stop to a move: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1457583/jose-mourinho-to-hand-adnan-januzaj-a-manchester-united-lifeline-after-outcast-midfielder-dazzles-in-pre-season-training/

Edited by SuperSAINT
Link Added

GK Lloris Vorm

LB Rose Davies

ST Kane N'Jie Janssen

Maybe not plodders but to me they look like they are doing a Liverpool, buying £15-20 million players that don't really improve the squad and in positions they already have good players for.

Honestly can't see their first 11 changing much from last season, suppose with more numbers they might burn out a bit less than they did, but is that Spurs squad any better than it was last season? Not IMO.

Maybe not plodders but to me they look like they are doing a Liverpool, buying £15-20 million players that don't really improve the squad and in positions they already have good players for.

Honestly can't see their first 11 changing much from last season, suppose with more numbers they might burn out a bit less than they did, but is that Spurs squad any better than it was last season? Not IMO.

them filling their squad with £15-20m players is like us doing the same with £8-12m players

Witsel to Inter

Wijnaldum to Liverpool

Are Everton going to get any of their targets?

Probably just waiting to see how the issue surrounding Messi plays out.

War chest and all that

Exciting times at Liverpool....

Liverpool close to signing Augsburg's 30-year-old Estonian central defender Ragnar Klavan. Cover - fee 5m Euros. Get the converter out.

Edited by Batman

them filling their squad with £15-20m players is like us doing the same with £8-12m players

Somewhat true, though you could argue most of our £11-12 million players usually improve the squad.

If they improve the squad then it;s fine, but as pointed out Spurs have done this before, they spend like that after Bale went and most of those buys had little impact.

They bought that Son for a fair whack (£22 million IIRC) and he's done little, same with N'Jie though he was cheaper.

Son, Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, all cost like £18-25 million, all not been very successful, whereas Del Ali, Eric Dier, trippier, Wimmer were all round the £4-5 million bracket (as was Bale)and have been much better, plus the likes Alderweld, Vertonghen, Chadli, Eriksson all in the sort of £10-12 million range.

Seems to me Spurs do better with the signings of our level rather than the high profile ones, when they start paying the £20 million plus fees they don't seem to do that well.

GASTON DEAL CLOSE

Sky sources understand Gaston Ramirez travelled to Marbella in Spain with the Middlesbrough squad today.

He has signed a permanent contract pending a work permit and Middlesbrough hope to announce the signing on a three-year deal later today following his successful loan last season.

GASTON DEAL CLOSE

Sky sources understand Gaston Ramirez travelled to Marbella in Spain with the Middlesbrough squad today.

He has signed a permanent contract pending a work permit and Middlesbrough hope to announce the signing on a three-year deal later today following his successful loan last season.

Obviously changed his mind again then, I thought he blew them out a month or so back. Probably didn't get a better offer.

Obviously changed his mind again then, I thought he blew them out a month or so back. Probably didn't get a better offer.

From memory, it was 'Boro declining to further their interest because he is owned in a rather 'odd' way. There was all manner of issues we had to overcome when we signed him, I believe those hurdles still exist.

A player must have player for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application

The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application

Uruguay ranked 12th

Copa America - of the 7 games in the last 2 years, played 3, not in squad 1, injured 3

WCQ - of the 6 games, played 0, injured 0

WC - of the 4 games, played 2, on the bench in 2 (so not sure if that counts)

Friendlies don't count, not that that would have made a difference, so I can't see how he is going to meet the criteria for a work permit as he is way short of the 75% mark.

From memory, it was 'Boro declining to further their interest because he is owned in a rather 'odd' way. There was all manner of issues we had to overcome when we signed him, I believe those hurdles still exist.

Don't see how that can be. If he was owned by Saints he couldn't possibly be owned by anyone else. We had the problem obviously with Bologna and Penarol but once we paid them all off then his registration was owned outright by SFC and no-one else. Third party ownership being illegal in the UK. Once he was out of contract with us I don't see how he wasn't a free agent.