Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

on a more sour note.

no more call Collymore on a sat on everyones favourite sports radio station

:lol:

We will miss his cardiovascular debate, habit of using the word "narrative" and actually bothering to be knowledgable about football to be fair.

on a more sour note.

no more call Collymore on a sat on everyones favourite sports radio station

:lol:

Quite like him to be fair. A passionate fan of football who isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's obviously had a fall out with some dinosaur there. Probably Brazil.

will be replaced with daley blind and they will sign Mata. Apparently

Heard from a very good source that Mata is fighting strongly against a move to Everton. Really doesn't want it and is desperate fpr a move to Spain if it materialises. Perhaps Everton haven't given him the floodlight speech yet...

:scared:

That really would be the time to call it a day on football! Jesus. The football league is tougher on FFP isn't it?

Maybe just wait and see, but I guess even the fact that they are considering it.......! If they do sign him, then I would agree with you. Happier the way we go about things (that is until we start putting out bids of £30m)

:scared:

That really would be the time to call it a day on football! Jesus. The football league is tougher on FFP isn't it?

I'm sure i read Wolves are about to be taken over by that super agent guy, the one who looks after Mourinho and about to appoint some Porto manager.

Shame. Don't always agree with him but he's a passionate football fan who knows what he's talking about.

I probably agreed more with Collymore than anyone else! Says a lot that they're not keeping him on while Brazil and Quinn continue to spout nonsense and erode the braincells of anyone unfortuante enough to tune in to their shows.

Is that to do with Hillsborough and the Sun's reporting of what (didn't) happen?
Yeah I think so, he was calling them The Scum I believe when they wouldn't apologise recently over the findings. That and they plastered a battered Ulrika Johnson on their front page at one point I expect.

18 million is ridiculous considering Janssen only played half a season in the Eredivisie. I watched him play in the matches against Feyenoord, he impressed me in the home game with his endurance and active style when AZ could easily have scored 9 goals or so because the defence of Feyenoord was terrible. Those defenders learned their lesson and in the Cup game Janssen was totally disarmed as he lacks creativity. But who knows, maybe the Spurs found their Jamie Vardy...

And yes, Dutch defenders are weak. Why do you think van Gaal played with 5 defenders and two defensive midfielders at the WC? Why do you think we didn't qualify for the EC this year? Mind you, these were the best defenders we had, when you look at the average defender in the Eredivisie it's far worse. It does make the Eredivisie an attractive competition to watch, I'll grant you that. ;)

After not scoring in his first eight matches for the club, he went on to score 20 league goals in the second half of the season—the first player to achieve this feat in 52 years. At only 22 years old that's quite impressive.

Whereas Jamie Vardy at his age was playing in and getting promoted from the Northern Premier League Division One South (the 8th tier of english football).

Coincidentally I was looking at the tiers of English football and was surprised to see that the division I played in last year was actually there (17th tier :lol:)

Article on BBC with Peter Coates saying how Stoke have found it difficult so far but plan to make signings soon. He says "you just have to be patient and hope things drop for you." - imagine the kerfuffle on here if Reed or Ralph said something similar!

Everton to pay Witsel about £110k a week.

Not because it's Everton but I do not think Witsel is really all that. I would not be excited if we signed him and would question our scouting for once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Article on BBC with Peter Coates saying how Stoke have found it difficult so far but plan to make signings soon. He says "you just have to be patient and hope things drop for you." - imagine the kerfuffle on here if Reed or Ralph said something similar!

They probably hate Saints this summer because we beat them to Redmond, and by some accounts are also interested in Berahino and Tello which are also their targets.

I guess Hughes' stream of Barcelona rejects has run dry...

They probably hate Saints this summer because we beat them to Redmond, and by some accounts are also interested in Berahino and Tello which are also their targets.

I guess Hughes' stream of Barcelona rejects has run dry...

I've got a feeling we (or someone else) will get Berahino on or near to the last day of the transfer window due to his price tag the West Brom owner wants is far too much for a player who will no doubt go for a small compo fee next july seeing as he's rejected a new contract.

Hope so. We're a striker light and he looked a decent finisher before this season. Wouldn't be crazy expensive by today's standards, mobile, compliments our other forwards.

Dont see it myself. He is a tool and our scouting process is based partially on personality. Footballing ability wise he'd be decent no doubt.

Rupert Murdoch (his New Corp) has just bought Talksport and hope to link it together with the Sun. Collymore has massive beef with the Sun so it was never going to work.

Colin Murray has also resigned from TalkSport for this reason. A real shame. Best show on the radio.

Rupert Murdoch (his New Corp) has just bought Talksport and hope to link it together with the Sun. Collymore has massive beef with the Sun so it was never going to work.

A piece of news that was quietly leaked out in the post-Brexit turmoil.

It's all part of Murdoch's ploy of circling the BBC. He will throw money at the PL radio rights in an attempt to exclude BBC, and 5Live, which does an excellent job of covering football.

Soon, all the BBC will be left with is the Football League. There is no money in that for Talksport/NewsCorp and the BBC will be left to cover the scraps of the FL as part of its remit as a public broadcaster.

I know there are people on here and elsewhere who deride the BBC and the principal of the Licence Fee, but you have to remember the idea of a public service broadcaster is that it is there for everybody, for those who cannot afford to access PPV broadcasting.

And, of course, the government in the shape of the DCMS just rolled over and let Murdoch do it.

We once had a Monopolies Commission in this country which at the very least, looked at things like this.

Ok not literally nothing. Nothing of any significance whatsoever

I'm sure they are working on big targets - those take time. They'll have to over-pay like crazy, but when you pay your manager £140k a week, I'm sure they won't have a problem throwing ££'s at players.

But this summer's 18 million £ is last summer's 15 million £ to Alkmaar isn't it.

15 million doesn't sound anywhere near as much. It's what you pay for a bit part South American who may look totally lost in English football. For instance Depay, who I gather isn't universally acclaimed at Utd would probably have cost the Euro equivalent of 30 million £ this summer.

You can't compare Janssen with Depay as the latter played for PSV in the Eredivisie for several years and proved himself as a big talent who also made it to the Dutch national team at the WC in Brazil. Janssen has never shown any quality before the last half year of the season at AZ Alkmaar. Even Jozy Altidore got more games at AZ Alkmaar before he left for Sunderland though I have to admit Janssen made more of an impression than Altidore. So who knows, maybe he's worth every penny...

But we are going off topic and it has nothing to do with the level of defending in the Eredivisie btw, which is poor but just as poor as in other leagues.

So we do agree that the level of defending in the Eredivisie is poor with the difference that you believe it's not any better elsewhere. Well, you're entitled to your own opinion... ;)

Nah - Its another wind up from 'Lord Snooty' on our vitals board and the local paps have fallen for it. Thankfully as I would be looking for something a bit better tbh than those two.

Need to find another one of those cheap Scandinavian unknown defenders. Cheeky bid for that Icelandic guy who did well in the Euros?