Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Just found this on the Grand Old Team forum....

Koeman would be absolutely nuts to turn us down, we are better than Soton in every way, and I include having a better first team than them.

Loads of boss players arriving here this summer

Got to hand it to Everton FC.

Aimed high for Mourinho, expected Koeman........now Giggs is being talked about as a real possibility

:lol:

Aimed high for Mourinho, expected Koeman........now Giggs is being talked about as a real possibility

Have Everton approached Mourinho, Koeman or Giggs then?

Dear god, that's some serious delusion, I almost feel sorry for them. :scared:

link?

Bloody hell, where do I start? You spent at least the whole of one summer at least saying that we should keep hold of our players like they did and run the club like they did. Why do you think CB Fry keeps going on about I wish we could be like Everton (Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace etc)? It is because of your posts!

Is it called The Grand Old Team Forum because it's based at a residential care home? 'I tell you what, we are going to win the league, that Pepe Gardinola going to be the manager, big club we are!'. 'Of course you are, now that's enough please Mr O'Malley, now sit down, and take your tablets.'...

Everton ITKs finally seem to have given up on Koeman.

Of course, he's only staying here because he wants to go to Barca in a year, and obviously Everton wouldn't let that happen, so it's not really Saints they were competing with, but Barca, so it's no surprise he staying put...

Everton ITKs finally seem to have given up on Koeman.

Of course, he's only staying here because he wants to go to Barca in a year, and obviously Everton wouldn't let that happen, so it's not really Saints they were competing with, but Barca, so it's no surprise he staying put...

When Koeman leaves us it will be for a far better club than Everton. Don't blame them for going for him, but they really didn't react well when he laughed in that press conference and Saints fans joined in.

I don't know. He managed to **** his sister in law for years without being found out.

Sister in law, eh?

"I can't believe you sh*gged my sister last night!!" screamed my wife. "What the hell were you thinking?"

I said "babe, you are so much sexier than your sister."

She stopped and smiled." Honestly? " she asked.

"Yes," I replied. "That's what I was thinking."

This tweet has made me laugh, am going to remind him of it when Everton finish below us......again......

‏@Dazza_Donna

"@richaskam I will bet my cock we finish above Soton next season, Koeman is a nutter turning EFC down, big money going into EFC now..."

Cant see Giggs ever making a good manager.

I concur. Far too introverted, intense and almost autistic in personality. I think Man U have worked that out too. Not got the charisma to control a squad of prima donnas. A backroom coach about as far as it goes I'm afraid.

Worrying - this story won't disappear.

How many times has Reed said the talks are positive and someone has stayed.

Clyne = No

Mopo = No

Lallana = No

I can't think of one - surely if a contract is there and is good to be signed, then it would be. Every day that goes by and Ron hasn't re signed then I think it is over. Saints won't let him go in to a final year they will need to pull another rabbit out of the hat... Simone anyone ?!

The only thing in Saints favour is Koeman saying he won't walk out on his contract but the fact the new contract is only 2 more years worries me too

Edited by Nick75Sfc

If I was Koeman's agent and there was a sticking point over money this would be exactly the story I'd want to get out there.

Everton ITK's comment just now on this article:

"Firstly the source is questionable, Koeman was Moshiri's preferred option but that changed in recent days with Emery and there are further alternatives.

The process is going well, just a little more patience required."

Plus another person:

"Just to add to this, Koeman was 'offered' a massive deal a few weeks ago, and then decided to go on and discuss a new deal with southampton.. so it seems john cross's information is a little old, unless it's literally something that has happened in the last two days."

Edited by Saint Charlie

If you are planning to make your manager the fourth highest paid in the richest league in the world, why would you appoint Ronald Koeman? Might as well go for Pelligrini or that second-club-in-a-big-city expert Simeone.

I don't understand the logic of wanting to pay compensation to a team, probably quite high compensation even though Koeman has one year left on his contract, when there are plenty of top managers out there that are unemployed. De Boer, Pellegrini, Hiddink, even van Gaal, all are available for no compensation, and there are plenty more besides.

Everton would be mental not to appoint Pellegrini.

If they want a long term plan I think they'd be mental to employ him. De Boer or Emery would be good choices, they say they might struggle in the premier league with no experience, what do they base that on? Koeman had no PL experience has done well, Pochettino had no PL experience has done well etc etc

Worrying - this story won't disappear.

How many times has Reed said the talks are positive and someone has stayed.

Clyne = No

Mopo = No

Lallana = No

I can't think of one - surely if a contract is there and is good to be signed, then it would be. Every day that goes by and Ron hasn't re signed then I think it is over. Saints won't let him go in to a final year they will need to pull another rabbit out of the hat... Simone anyone ?!

The only thing in Saints favour is Koeman saying he won't walk out on his contract but the fact the new contract is only 2 more years worries me too

But didn't Les say talks were positive with Koeman before he came here?

Rumour was that Koeman dumped his agent due to the Everton link, that his name shouldn't even have been associated.

It's probably his ex agent trying to cause issues with the current negotiations at Saints.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Just to add to this, Koeman was 'offered' a massive deal a few weeks ago, and then decided to go on and discuss a new deal with southampton.. so it seems john cross's information is a little old, unless it's literally something that has happened in the last two days."

assuming it's not just BS, maybe manchester united were hedging their bets. i find his open criticism of them defending LVG odd.