Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

They're not going down further than general sale with purchase history. Even if there are tickets left, it won't open for general sale. The club's been confirming it in emails.

So when they take 25 quid off you for an Official Membership, on the basis that one of the specifically advertised benefits is

• Priority access to away tickets (after Season Ticket holders)

It turns out that's just not true. Membership by itself has no priority whatsoever.

So when they take 25 quid off you for an Official Membership, on the basis that one of the specifically advertised benefits is

It turns out that's just not true. Membership by itself has no priority whatsoever.

Yeah that's kind of why I got it too. Meh. I just consider that i've spunked more that that on more useless things in the past at least it's gone to saints.

ask for a refund.

You do for domestic games.

Is it possible to buy an inter ticket using someone else's customer number linked to your account? I see you have to enter name and passport number after selecting ticket so surely you could put anyone's in?

Thanks

Pretty sure the name you enter is the name on the passport, and that has to link up to the name on the ticket (which will be taken from the customer number).

they dont have phones or the internet in israel then?

Actually the mobile version of the Saints ticket website doesn't allow you to change the name of the person you're buying for, so if you want to buy more than one ticket and get them together, you can't. Plus since the new site there's no longer an option to use the desktop site. So yeah, actually, despite logging on at 11am Israeli time from Tel Aviv airport on Friday I was unable to buy the three tickets together for Sunderland I wanted to.

If you get a chance, go to Mike's Place right next door to the American embassy on the beachfront. It is the best bar in Tel Aviv for sports and tends to be the meeting place for ex-pat sports fans generally. Also does wicked chicken wings!!

We did. I had the BBQ pork ribs, just to be contrary.

Actually the mobile version of the Saints ticket website doesn't allow you to change the name of the person you're buying for, so if you want to buy more than one ticket and get them together, you can't. Plus since the new site there's no longer an option to use the desktop site. So yeah, actually, despite logging on at 11am Israeli time from Tel Aviv airport on Friday I was unable to buy the three tickets together for Sunderland I wanted to.

Use the Request Desktop Site option in Chrome...

Just got my tickets for Prague, going by the queue to buy them on the website i'm assuming there's not a huge amount in the first bucket as i logged in without a wait and had them bought by 2mins past 9.

Got mine very quickly too, but there's no rush today as anyone who meets the criteria is guaranteed a ticket as long as they apply by 8:30 tomorrow.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I bought one this morning and the most recent purchase history I have on my account is from 2013 (been using our company's corporate account since then). I spoke to somebody at the ticket office yesterday to confirm that this would make me eligible and it went through absolutely fine.

I tried to buy my son a ticket this morning but they refused as no recent purchase history even though he used to be a season ticket holder :-( Flights & hotels booked Hmmm what to do.........

Pretty sure the name you enter is the name on the passport, and that has to link up to the name on the ticket (which will be taken from the customer number).
Many people have entered different details in the Passport section which didn't match up to the customer number. Were able to purchase, receive confirmation and have yet to hear anything otherwise.

Many people have entered different details in the Passport section which didn't match up to the customer number. Were able to purchase, receive confirmation and have yet to hear anything otherwise.

The system wouldn't be 'intelligent' enough to ensure that the name on the season ticket, matched the name given in the passport details section. This will all need to be done manually by the club. If people have done that expecting to get away with it, I think they're going to be very disappointed.

Pretty stupid considering it's gone down to general sale.

The system wouldn't be 'intelligent' enough to ensure that the name on the season ticket, matched the name given in the passport details section. This will all need to be done manually by the club. If people have done that expecting to get away with it, I think they're going to be very disappointed.

Pretty stupid considering it's gone down to general sale.

Can't see the club cancelling the tickets personally, especially considering as you say it's going to restricted general sale. It's not worth their bother, and also can't see them manually checking each ticket to make sure it aligns. Doesn't affect me either way but I'm sure these folk won't be disappointed.

They'll probably check all of them when it comes to posting the tickets to the address on the customer number...

Any ideas what we're up to on Inter now?

When I bought my Prague ticket yesterday I noticed the availability for Inter was marked as 'nearly sold out' or something similar. Not sure how many more we'll sell now as pretty much anyone who wants to go would have surely booked already..

Any ideas what we're up to on Inter now?

I had London Saints tickets confirmed when away in Israel and last number of our allocation was around 6,500

spoke to ticket office manager at our hotel and he said before Wednesday just over 5,000 had been sold, but expecting to sell 6,530, but I know several people I didn't expect to be going have bought tickets since Wednesday so maybe final figure will be higher than that

Just called the ticket office to see If I could sweet talk them into letting me get my father in law a Milan ticket as he's traveling out with us but doesn't have a purchase history as I've always got his tickets. (I couldn't sweet talk them though!)

However she did say that "just under a quarter of the 8700 are left" so around 6500 sold.

Hopefully they will allow it to go to general sale without history as there may be some still needing this route.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Just called the ticket office to see If I could sweet talk them into letting me get my father in law a Milan ticket as he's traveling out with us but doesn't have a purchase history as I've always got his tickets. (I couldn't sweet talk them though!)

However she did say that "just under a quarter of the 8700 are left" so around 6500 sold.

Hopefully they will allow it to go to general sale without history as there may be some still needing this route.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Absolutely ridiculous that they won't. Especially to those that have purchased a membership to get tickets for this game.

I know a few who have been to numerous games, home and away, just not under their details. As they don't have a purchase history, they are unable to get a ticket (although they have since brought a membership and tickets to Palace and Leicester games).

Will be a shame to see a number of saints 'fans' stuck outside when there are plenty of empty seats in the away end. If you ask me, they are just encouraging people to put down false details.

Absolutely ridiculous that they won't. Especially to those that have purchased a membership to get tickets for this game.

I know a few who have been to numerous games, home and away, just not under their details. As they don't have a purchase history, they are unable to get a ticket (although they have since brought a membership and tickets to Palace and Leicester games).

Will be a shame to see a number of saints 'fans' stuck outside when there are plenty of empty seats in the away end. If you ask me, they are just encouraging people to put down false details.

Which I'm sure they will have a number of in the 6500...someone I know just put spaces in the passport section and it was accepted....

My son and I are in that same boat. Moved up north in 2011 after 8 straight seasons as S/Ts. Been to loads of northern away games since but tickets have been purchased by friends we sat beside at St Mary's so we could meet up and sit together. This of course means we have no recent purchase history.

Seems strange to have negotiated a larger allocation only to see a fair number of sales not taken up due to 'history' criteria. Members or at least an entry on the database would offer as much detail as say, having bought one ticket two seasons ago.

Inter at home tickets are currently being promoted alongside purchasing a membership but not the same has been applied to away fixture, even the Israel trip went to general sale!

Was informed that due to a system upgrade in 2012 all history prior to that is effectively wiped...!

Hopefully the club will have a change of heart and open sales out over the next couple of days and allow more Saints to enjoy the game.

Agreed. It's not as if non Saints, or opposition supporters without purchase history, are going to be sneakily buying Saints end tickets!!

My son and I are in that same boat. Moved up north in 2011 after 8 straight seasons as S/Ts. Been to loads of northern away games since but tickets have been purchased by friends we sat beside at St Mary's so we could meet up and sit together. This of course means we have no recent purchase history.

Seems strange to have negotiated a larger allocation only to see a fair number of sales not taken up due to 'history' criteria. Members or at least an entry on the database would offer as much detail as say, having bought one ticket two seasons ago.

Inter at home tickets are currently being promoted alongside purchasing a membership but not the same has been applied to away fixture, even the Israel trip went to general sale!

Was informed that due to a system upgrade in 2012 all history prior to that is effectively wiped...!

Hopefully the club will have a change of heart and open sales out over the next couple of days and allow more Saints to enjoy the game.

Join Northern Saints mate and get your tickets via them. 42 of us heading out to Milan. 8 went to Israel and a fair few going to Prague.

Tickets all go against your official purchase history as well. Costs £5 a year.

Didn't your friends use your customer numbers when purchasing the away tickets for you. The customer number remains despite no longer being a season ticket holder. You do not have to buy the tickets yourself.

Join Northern Saints mate and get your tickets via them. 42 of us heading out to Milan. 8 went to Israel and a fair few going to Prague.

Tickets all go against your official purchase history as well. Costs £5 a year.

Cheers for the info sir. That certainly sounds a good deal. We're right up over the border. There was a Scottish Saints at one time but was poorly run. Time for another perhaps.......

Didn't your friends use your customer numbers when purchasing the away tickets for you. The customer number remains despite no longer being a season ticket holder. You do not have to buy the tickets yourself.

That's the Catch 22 really, as there's a group of them all with S/T & plenty aways, it means tickets together can all be guaranteed at first phase of any sale (usually 2/3 of them don't travel). Our member status would kick in later in sales window and may not even reach us in the case of a popular game. So them purchasing allowed us to make travel plans etc with no fear of disappointment. (Hope that made sense).

Strange that having the same customer number for years doesn't meet the 'ad hoc' criteria the club have set for Inter game.

No other recent matches have had this particular set of criteria. Usually Members then General if tickets still available. In this case there are plenty still available. Several long chats with various ticket office staff has still left me none the wiser as to why.

Is anyone flying into Turin on the Thursday morning from London Stansted 06:45 - arriving in Turin at 09:50 and then getting the train from Turin to Milan?

Looked at that one. Also looked at the flight to Genoa from Heathrow. Ended up on the 8.45 to Bologna from Stansted. Got a cheap price and an hour by train from Bologna