Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

I've just got mine after 20 minutes of arguing with the ticket purchasing system. Tried first on my iPad but the browser kept stalling at various stages and eventually I got logged out. Then when I got back in on my laptop I was told that I had already purchased a ticket and couldn't have any more. Whatever, I am now the proud owner of ticket #3832 and have a purchase in my ticket history :)

Now, if anybody wants to go on my wife's ticket I am sure there's still time to have the operation and get their name changed before the match :)

Are they doing any prioritisation for members we reckon?

Bit unfair if a member who does 10 home games a year, 10 aways etc, then ends up in a free-for-all with members who've done one game in the last 2 years for example.

I suspect it will just be members tomorrow and then general sale the day after.

I'm hoping to get mine in 25 minutes! I'm taking my son and I was hoping to go on the official trip just for ease and speed but that's sold out unfortunately for me.

Just booked travel with sport options .com

did it over the phone cos the website is having a brain fart

Really easy and cheaper that the Saints offering

Looks like anyone that wants a ticket should get one. Good call from Inter/Saints in the end to not give us an extra allocation it looks like.

There are far more than 5k that want a ticket. There are hundreds if not thousands already booked up with flights and hotels that aren't season ticket holders or members. Our fan base is far more than just ST holders and members.

There are far more than 5k that want a ticket. There are hundreds if not thousands already booked up with flights and hotels that aren't season ticket holders or members. Our fan base is far more than just ST holders and members.

No-one has said our support is just season ticket holders or members.

No-one has said our support is just season ticket holders or members.

No but u are implying there are probably 5k or less that want to go. This hasn't even got to members yet let alone everyone else that does the odd game, lives abroad, hasn't been for years, lives up north and only does northern aways. I think there will be many more after today that want tickets. Bet u a pint in Milan that there are at least 7k over there haha

No but u are implying there are probably 5k or less that want to go. This hasn't even got to members yet let alone everyone else that does the odd game, lives abroad, hasn't been for years, lives up north and only does northern aways. I think there will be many more after today that want tickets. Bet u a pint in Milan that there are at least 7k over there haha
Bit of a pointless bet, as neither of us will know how many Saints fans are there.

I've just got mine after 20 minutes of arguing with the ticket purchasing system. Tried first on my iPad but the browser kept stalling at various stages and eventually I got logged out. Then when I got back in on my laptop I was told that I had already purchased a ticket and couldn't have any more. Whatever, I am now the proud owner of ticket #3832 and have a purchase in my ticket history :)

Now, if anybody wants to go on my wife's ticket I am sure there's still time to have the operation and get their name changed before the match :)

Can my wife be your wife for the day? I have two tickets for self and (disabled) son, Mrs Sandwich is making the trip with us, no way I would be able to take him abroad on my own, and she has no chance of a ticket (no ST or membership, just the old style membership number, tho she does a few games a year). Considering it's taken a couple of weeks to sell 4000 to theoretically our 'bestest' supporters would it be out of order for me to give it some special pleading and ask the tkt office for one of the remaining 1000 odd tkts?

Can my wife be your wife for the day? I have two tickets for self and (disabled) son, Mrs Sandwich is making the trip with us, no way I would be able to take him abroad on my own, and she has no chance of a ticket (no ST or membership, just the old style membership number, tho she does a few games a year). Considering it's taken a couple of weeks to sell 4000 to theoretically our 'bestest' supporters would it be out of order for me to give it some special pleading and ask the tkt office for one of the remaining 1000 odd tkts?

You are welcome to try. Any ticket must be allocated to the customer number in question and you need to give a passport number and date of birth but I don't know whether these have to match the name of the customer whose number is being used. Speak to the club and PM me if you want.

Does anyone have any indication or a guess at when the tickets might be being sent out/will arrive? Difficult to say as they're not even in the hands of the club yet. I emailed the club and they don't yet know. But how about away tickets for Midtjylland and Vitesse last year, how soon before the game did they arrive?

Midtjylland was pick up from outside the train station in denmark, you needed to provide ID to pick them up and it was pretty straight forward. I don't remember Vitesse but i think it wasn't long, a couple of weeks or so. Inter will be different as the club have to print each ticket with the correct details on it (and cross check against passport numbers), then give those details to Inter. After that i believe it's going to be sent by recorded delivery so i'd assume 3 weeks plus.

Indeed, but hey ho, I'll be there regardless!

Yeah fair play mate, and like you well know there's always a way to get in if you really want.

It is I guess one of the first rules of business. Do not upset your core customer base. In this industry, that is season-ticket holders. They stump up the cash to watch their team over a season, and that can't be argued with.

As a non season ticket-holder, I absolutely have to accept this makes complete business sense.

I would imagine there are fans of teams who qualify for Europe every season (Arsenal would be a good example with their regular empty seats at The Emirates) who buy season tickets just so that they can get priority for Europeean games. Makes no difference to the club whether they actually turn up for the Prem games or not.

I know that's the argument, but i do a considerable number of aways each season (about 10-15 on average) and chat to and know our away fanbase well. I also know that many of the members do a lot of home games (if not all) AND aways. For many i speak to it's about having the cash up front, or not knowing exactly how many games they'll actually make that stops them from getting a season ticket.

In my view it'd be great, and probably not that difficult, for the club to introduce a fairer system. One whereby the offer the first criteria of each level to season ticket holders, then have a second window at that criteria for members who've done a certain number of home AND away games, then drop them down from there.

That way you wouldn't just end up rewarding people for being rich enough at the start of the season to buy a season ticket, and instead reward people on loyalty instead.

Can't see us selling 8700 tickets tbh! If we haven't sold 5000 to STH + Supporters clubs etc, then I can't see us selling ca 4000 to members and General Sale. All those who have gambled on others ST's can buy one for themselves now too !

Don't think it will be far off, but probably not the whole 8,700.

Can't see us selling 8700 tickets tbh! If we haven't sold 5000 to STH + Supporters clubs etc, then I can't see us selling ca 4000 to members and General Sale. All those who have gambled on others ST's can buy one for themselves now too !

The first 5000 were 'nearly sold out' earlier this afternoon so I would expect there to be an extra 3700 or so.

Geat news and well done to the club for sorting this.

You can still fly from London to Turin for under £100. just have to get the train to Mlan.

Yep, that's what I'm doing, although going early and staying with a friend.

The regional train takes 1hr52 and costs €12.45 (under £11) or you can get the Frecciarossa which takes an hour and costs over 30 depending on time of day. €20 is a fair few apperitivi so I'm going to be a cheapskate..

The Treni d'Italia website is your friend here: https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/search.do?parameter=changeLanguage&cFID=QP4vKzVwMEaw&lang=en&cFID=QP4vKzVwMEaw&cFID=QP4vKzVwMEaw&lang=en&searchOutputPg=y