Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Anyone had the problem of their season ticket not being available to buy for the Europa League games on the ticketing website?

I booked mine this afternoon, it was in my basket. I suspect takeup will be good and with the odd glitch they've made it easy so don't know why you've been unlucky. It's not a prime seat reserved for EUFA for these games?

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of flying out on Wednesday and back on Friday which makes the travel times more relaxing. The only question then is where to stay. What's the general opinion? (And don't say anywhere that's nowhere near me :))

I'm staying in the Navigli area. Seems to be quite a lively area with decent bars and restaurant's and a couple of km out of the city centre (Art Hotel Navigli)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I'm staying in the Navigli area. Seems to be quite a lively area with decent bars and restaurant's and a couple of km out of the city centre (Art Hotel Navigli)

I'm looking for somewhere a little cheaper - after all, it's dump the bag, go out, go to match, maybe a drink after the game, sleep. I'll be off to Linate in the morning and can't afford to oversleep. Actually, if you calculate it on an hourly basis it's a bloomin' expensive hourly rate for sleeping. ;-)

I'm looking for somewhere a little cheaper - after all, it's dump the bag, go out, go to match, maybe a drink after the game, sleep. I'll be off to Linate in the morning and can't afford to oversleep. Actually, if you calculate it on an hourly basis it's a bloomin' expensive hourly rate for sleeping. ;-)

Lol. Fair point. Got a decent deal as booked it early on Friday afternoon so don't know what is coming up as now. We're staying in Milan until late on the Friday evening so no rush to leave it on Friday morning

For those thinking Saints are struggling at the start of the season.....

Inter have played two and have 1 point.

Lost 2-0 away at Chievo

Drew 1-1 home to Palermo

James Horncastle on BT Sport made an interesting point earlier this evening when talking about Inter that, having spent an absolute fortune this summer (including their signing of Joao Mario for nearly €40m this week) and not sold anyone of note, they might not even be able to register all of their signings for their Europa League squad because of UEFA FFP regulations, so we might end up playing a below-strength opponent anyway. Not quite sure of the logic there, would have thought any FFP punishment would take place next season rather than immediately.

Edit: he's just clarified this on Twitter.

As Inter had previously been sanctioned by UEFA for FFP breaches, they are under a squad restriction this season. There was some sort of voluntary agreement in 2015 (presumably similar to that struck by Manchester City and PSG at the same time) which would be acceptable to UEFA on the understanding that overall losses could be no more than €30m, and that from their last Europa League squad, players that have left the club can only be replaced in their squad by players whose purchases are covered by the sale of the players they're replacing - essentially, it's possible that Joao Mario can only play in the Europa League if Inter sell a player for a similar fee.

I booked mine this afternoon, it was in my basket. I suspect takeup will be good and with the odd glitch they've made it easy so don't know why you've been unlucky. It's not a prime seat reserved for EUFA for these games?

I've just bought the bundle through the membership deal (had to stop our ST's this season for a number of reasons sadly) and I was really surprised, and pleased, how few seats are available. My wife and I had ST's with a couple of life long friends in the Chapel, and I couldn't get seats anywhere near them.

As an aside at the Sunderland game I was sitting in the seat behind my old Season Ticket seat and it was really weird seeing someone else sitting in the seat that I have been in for years!

I've just bought the bundle through the membership deal (had to stop our ST's this season for a number of reasons sadly) and I was really surprised, and pleased, how few seats are available. My wife and I had ST's with a couple of life long friends in the Chapel, and I couldn't get seats anywhere near them.

I think season ticket holder seats are reserved until tomorrow, so they wouldn't show as available to members yet whether they've been sold or not. That said, I'd expect most people to take up the option, it's good value.

I wonder when they're going to give some details of the away packages , they said indicative pricing about 24 hours after draw & firm prices 72 . I know it's not easy , but was hoping for some news by now . Really want to see what's on offer Israel wise before tackling the bossman ( and snap dragon) about the time off

There's pretty much f**k all around the San Siro if I remember rightly. Quick on the metro from the centre though.

This is correct. A McDonald's about a mile or so away where the main buses drop off and the nearest Metro is. When I was there last year the 5 Tram to the ground wasn't active as well, which made it a dull trek to the ground or a circuitous bus, and a random bus-hunt back again.

They do have the infrastructure outside to put on a load of trams and buses from the enormous car park, but they weren't using any of it when I went.

Edited by The9

I wonder when they're going to give some details of the away packages , they said indicative pricing about 24 hours after draw & firm prices 72 . I know it's not easy , but was hoping for some news by now . Really want to see what's on offer Israel wise before tackling the bossman ( and snap dragon) about the time off

Yeah, they've underdelivered again on travel plans so far, original wording was "hoping to bring you...". I'm now "hoping" that it means they've got some killer pricing because anything over £500 and pretty much anyone can do it cheaper.

Yeah, they've underdelivered again on travel plans so far, original wording was "hoping to bring you...". I'm now "hoping" that it means they've got some killer pricing because anything over £500 and pretty much anyone can do it cheaper.

Southampton Away Travel (not the club) have their prices for all the away games on their website. I've not used them myself but are supposed to be reliable if you want that sort of trip. It's another option. http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/europa-league/

Isreal £649 (3 days, 2 nights)

Milan £249 (3 days, 2 nights)

Prague £229 (3 days, 2 nights)

Southampton Away Travel (not the club) have their prices for all the away games on their website. I've not used them myself but are supposed to be reliable if you want that sort of trip. It's another option. http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/europa-league/

Their Israel one was £599 when I checked yesterday.

Booked ba flights and hotel £173

Lucky you. I'm trying to book a flight to Italy (not Milan) and can't get past - tried many times - stage 3 (passenger details) and can't see why. Just hope the next door neighbour isn't in as I've been swearing at the screen rather noisily...

Yeah, saw that. I've booked up Milan and Prague without them already, waiting on the club before (probably) going via the route I've identified, but not considering this because I really don't like trip-sharing and would rather navigate myself - and it was £599 when I saw it too.

Edited by The9

Hurrah, now booked my flight to Turin and a hotel on the night - other saints fans I nknow there too. Perhaps the ticket office ought to know how many of us have alrwady booked independently?!

I'm hoping the ticket office will give us an idea of the away allocations soon

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160825-europa-league-bundle-on-sale-saturday-3273557.aspx

The club hopes to have indicative pricing for the trips within 24 hours of the draw taking place, with full pricing confirmed within 72 hours of the conclusion of the draw.

Fans should be aware that the club will always seek to gain the largest allocation possible for away games, and will endeavour to bring you all of the information as soon as possible.

Not bad prices but I'm doing all three independently at just over half that. Not gloating, that's just the way I like to do things. Have booked off-the-radar hotels at really good rates - probably no other Saints there but it won't be a problem meeting up when I want to.

Really looking forward to a great adventure.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I had the same trouble with the BA webs site, ended up calling them, very helpful. We are are going from heathrow 12.05,arrive Linate 3pm. Plenty of time to get to our hotel about 30mins tram or 10mins taxi to San Siro, its the hotel Raffaello, looks ok with tripadvisor. coming back sat afternoon £173 flights and accommodation and breakfast . i think thats pretty good

Lucky you. I'm trying to book a flight to Italy (not Milan) and can't get past - tried many times - stage 3 (passenger details) and can't see why. Just hope the next door neighbour isn't in as I've been swearing at the screen rather noisily...

Meant to say we are going out Thursday,

I had the same trouble with the BA webs site, ended up calling them, very helpful. We are are going from heathrow 12.05,arrive Linate 3pm. Plenty of time to get to our hotel about 30mins tram or 10mins taxi to San Siro, its the hotel Raffaello, looks ok with tripadvisor. coming back sat afternoon £173 flights and accommodation and breakfast . i think thats pretty good

Yeah, saw that. I've booked up Milan and Prague without them already, waiting on the club before (probably) going via the route I've identified, but not considering this because I really don't like trip-sharing and would rather navigate myself - and it was £599 when I saw it too.

I think the £50 differential on the Israel price depends on whether you have a room to yourself in the digs or share a twin room.

Bundle tickets go on general sale on Friday at 9am. Individual tickets for Prague home game on Monday 5 Sep. According to the website they have shifted 7500 bundles to season ticket holders and members. Not sure how many more they will release. Is it just me or is the official website completely pants? Do they ever ask use what we want from it?

I know Milan well from work. It's an interesting city to visit. San Siro is at the end of one of the metro lines, so no need to stay near the ground. The city centre is where the really expensive hotels are, and it's rubbish for getting somewhere to eat or drink. Although the cathedral is a fabulous building whether you are religious or not. I found the Brera area (NE of city centre) good for food and bars. My suggestion would be to try to get a good deal on a hotel having first checked out the metro map. Cheers

I know Milan well from work. It's an interesting city to visit. San Siro is at the end of one of the metro lines, so no need to stay near the ground. The city centre is where the really expensive hotels are, and it's rubbish for getting somewhere to eat or drink. Although the cathedral is a fabulous building whether you are religious or not. I found the Brera area (NE of city centre) good for food and bars. My suggestion would be to try to get a good deal on a hotel having first checked out the metro map. Cheers

I'm taking the family for the weekend after game , which area would you suggest staying in . 2 teenagers 17/18 & Mrs , bit of sightseeing and a couple of meals & drinks . Don't want to pay a fortune

I think the £50 differential on the Israel price depends on whether you have a room to yourself in the digs or share a twin room.

Actually, having looked at the link again, I think you're right, they have increased it by £50; it looks like it's now £649 if sharing a twin room, or £699 if in a room to yourself. So would be £1,298 for you and Mrs. G.

5 of us staying at the Raffaello too.

As there are no trains back to Tel Aviv from Be'er Sheva after the game on the Thursday, we were looking at sorting a taxi/minibus back. A 4 seater has been quoted as £150. If anyone else is interested and wants to jump in to keep the costs down then let me know.

As for Milan, the best area would be down near the canal. Plenty of bars around there and will be the main congregation area I would have thought.

It's ridiculous that the club have not released any details of their packages yet considering they set time lines for when that info was going to be provided. The majority of people have quite rightly gone ahead and booked independently to get the best fare, however for small allocations (I'm thinking Prague) the club will almost certainly hold back tickets again for those on the official trips, this could make a huge difference if we have 900 tickets with a couple of hundred reserved for official trip.

I don't know if anyone listens to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, but they were saying yesterday that Inter Milan have some issues with Financial Fair Play. They've bought c100 million worth of players and sold around 10 million.

They are in danger of flaunting the FFP rules and one of the punishments could be to ban all new players from playing in the Europa League.

One to keep an eye on, especially in the next 24 hours if they sell a couple

I've just had a look at trains back to Tel Aviv, there is a train at 22.59 unsure how far the ground is from the station but was hoping to be able to get this train, if this won't be possible would be 2 of us interested in taxi share

There are trains normally but apparently because it's Shabbat then they won't be running.

There are trains normally but apparently because it's Shabbat then they won't be running.

That's wrong. The match is Thursday. Sabbath starts on Friday evening.

I think.

Anyway, stay in Beersheva on the **** and go on the **** in Tel Aviv the day before/after.

I've just had a look at trains back to Tel Aviv, there is a train at 22.59 unsure how far the ground is from the station but was hoping to be able to get this train, if this won't be possible would be 2 of us interested in taxi share

There's 3 of us so we'd sort a 7 seater or something. Will let you know nearer the time.

there is a 23.06 train back to Tel Aviv and North / University station is 45mins walk from the ground gets to Tel Aviv 00.12 mind you 3.5km walk

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/31.2731606,34.7794863/31.2619872,34.8093038/@31.2671128,34.7840905,3047m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e2

And trains are running ok on Friday according to the Israel Train website

http://www.rail.co.il/EN/DrivePlan/Pages/DrivePlan.aspx?DrivePlanPage=true&OriginStationId=7300&DestStationId=4900&OriginStationName=Be'er%20Sheva-North/University&DestStationName=Tel%20Aviv-HaHagana&HoursDeparture=22&MinutesDeparture=0&HoursReturn=11&MinutesReturn=0&GoingHourDeparture=true&ArrivalHourDeparture=false&GoingHourReturn=true&ArrivalHourReturn=false&IsReturn=false&GoingTrainCln=2016-09-29&ReturnningTrainCln=2016-08-30&IsFullURL=true

Not quite - if you go back from Beersheba (Beersheva North/University) to Tel Aviv on the Friday, the last train is at 15.35.

Going back by train to Tel Aviv on the Thursday night seems a good option. The 23.06 train gives you plenty of time.

Edited by shurlock

Not quite - if you go back from Beersheba (Beersheva North/University) to Tel Aviv on the Friday, the last train is at 15.35.

Going back by train to Tel Aviv on the Thursday night seems a good option. The 23.06 train gives you plenty of time.

You sure that's enough time? Seems a bit tight to me.

Anyone found any good deals on flights to Tel Aviv? I've been seriously struggling to find cheap enough flights but it's the game i most want to go to as it's the one proper adventure we've got in our group.

Got return flights going Wednesday back Saturday with a stopover in Istanbul tor £240 which is still available on the budget air website