Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Right, fisrt step for me. Easyjet flights to Milan were up at nearly £200 (out Wednesday back Friday) so I have bought a return to Verona for £63.15 leaves LGW at 13:25 and Verona at 16:55. Buses to/from Verona railway station are every 20 minutes and take 15 minutes and cost €6. Trains to Milan are frequent and take about 1h23 for around $18 (yes, US$) each way. Now for the hotel(s). I may spent Wednesday night in Verona and travel next morning.

This might be of interest for those on a limited budget. Turin is another option about 45 minutes away by train. BA are currently offering Gatwick - Turin for £84 return

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Right, fisrt step for me. Easyjet flights to Milan were up at nearly £200 (out Wednesday back Friday) so I have bought a return to Verona for £63.15 leaves LGW at 13:25 and Verona at 16:55. Buses to/from Verona railway station are every 20 minutes and take 15 minutes and cost €6. Trains to Milan are frequent and take about 1h23 for around $18 (yes, US$) each way. Now for the hotel(s). I may spent Wednesday night in Verona and travel next morning.

This might be of interest for those on a limited budget. Turin is another option about 45 minutes away by train. BA are currently offering Gatwick - Turin for £84 return

That's what we are doing on 13:30 Wednesday to Turin £85 return Friday at 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by the Inter website, Beer Sheva have been given the top tier of Inter's 'away end', blocks 301-318. Not sure what that equates to in terms of allocation but hopefully we get more. The 2nd tier of the same stand is classified as 'closed'.

They also have the option to buy tickets in one of the side stands which I assume is the 'neutral' section.

Sporting Options are not running a trip for the Beer Sheva game. They can't get clearance in time for a flight.

Wonder if the club will be able to either?

I'm actually wondering if the number of tickets they are proposing on giving/allowing has rendered any club travel package useless, esp as so many saints fans appear to have booked the trip independently to Israel. I think I read that Celtic were only given c.200 tickets. Such a number would end any plans for a club package

Hardly surprising that fans book independently.

A) it generally always works out cheaper

B) they were going to announce trip prices within 24 hours of the draw and full details within 72. Well we've gone way past that and we've heard nothing.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Until the end of Tuesday for the bundle, I was unreliable informed. After that the prices go up and it's individual sales but the season tickets are reserved for a further period. I bought my two old-git seats in the central Kingsland for £12 a game each :)

Not sure it has really been mentioned, but tbh, £12 for over 65 and £18 for adults is a really fair price.

Actually, having looked at the link again, I think you're right, they have increased it by £50; it looks like it's now £649 if sharing a twin room, or £699 if in a room to yourself. So would be £1,298 for you and Mrs. G.

Or the £0 I am definitely paying them. :D

Probably been mentioned already but are all the kick off times fixed yet? Currently showing as 6pm for all aways and 8.05 for the homes.

Yes, they were fixed when they were announced. That's one of the reasons it took them 2 bloody hours.

I'm actually wondering if the number of tickets they are proposing on giving/allowing has rendered any club travel package useless, esp as so many saints fans appear to have booked the trip independently to Israel. I think I read that Celtic were only given c.200 tickets. Such a number would end any plans for a club package

The ground holds 16000+ so 5% minimum allocation by UEFA rules is 800.

Celtic might have only got 200 because they only needed 200. Having seen the highlights recently it looked more like about 20.

Price for Saintswaytravel to Be'er Sheva now £820

http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/europa-league/h-beer-sheva/

This guy is having a laugh I think - he's basically offering to book flights for you and upping the price as the airlines to, completely different to other providers like Sport Ops

I thought the club would have announced their packages by now, don't think they'll ever get the hang of this.

This is quite an interesting article I like the look of their old ground https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/16/hapoel-beer-sheva-israeli-title-celtic-champions-league

I'm taking the family for the weekend after game , which area would you suggest staying in . 2 teenagers 17/18 & Mrs , bit of sightseeing and a couple of meals & drinks . Don't want to pay a fortune

Would suggest Porta Nuova or Porta Venezia. Anywhere just outside the city centre where it wont take too long to get anywhere. Try to find a decent deal and check trip advisor. Metro is 1.50Euros flat fare, and the system is pretty good. I used to stay in Cesto San Giovanni which is to the north of the city, but was close to work. But at the end of a metro line so getting to the city centre was easy.

This guy is having a laugh I think - he's basically offering to book flights for you and upping the price as the airlines to, completely different to other providers like Sport Ops

I thought the club would have announced their packages by now, don't think they'll ever get the hang of this.

This is quite an interesting article I like the look of their old ground https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/16/hapoel-beer-sheva-israeli-title-celtic-champions-league

Not forgetting the massive cut he takes himself. You can guarantee every one of these trips is costing him £0.

Would suggest Porta Nuova or Porta Venezia. Anywhere just outside the city centre where it wont take too long to get anywhere. Try to find a decent deal and check trip advisor. Metro is 1.50Euros flat fare, and the system is pretty good. I used to stay in Cesto San Giovanni which is to the north of the city, but was close to work. But at the end of a metro line so getting to the city centre was easy.

You can get a €4.50 day ticket too, which might be worth it for some.

Not forgetting the massive cut he takes himself. You can guarantee every one of these trips is costing him £0.

Fair play to him, it's bl**dy hard work organising a coach to away games

I've done a few for big games over the years and it's not easy even when dealing with mates

He should be applauded for providing this for every game, and as a rule is always cheaper than official coaches

Cheers

Where are people staying in Milan? Looking for hotel near the city bars etc as have 2 nights on the beers.

Hotel certosa. Quite close to the ground but we've never been so have no idea where the nightlife is.

Our flights and hotel for two nights has worked out at £138 per person which I think is an absolute bargain.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160831-europa-league-tickets-hapoel-beer-sheva-southampton-3282431.aspx

Ridiculous price!

and stupid ticket priority scheme ! No way will we have 800 who fit into that category who will want a ticket.

Although it is high likely that the exact same priority scheme will be in place for Prague as the allocations are practically the same. The number of away credits required will still be around the 10+ mark.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160831-europa-league-tickets-hapoel-beer-sheva-southampton-3282431.aspx

Ridiculous price!

and stupid ticket priority scheme ! No way will we have 800 who fit into that category who will want a ticket.

Agreed.

They should be bringing the criteria down quicker than that to leave more time for others to book flights. I've got about five aways or so and I've got cancellable hotels booked for that match but if I end up having to book flights a week before the trip the price may end up being prohibitive.

As it is, if you travel in a pair, you can do flights, a few nights in a nice hotel in Tel Aviv, a night in Be'er Sheva and transport for about half the cost each of the one night travel package. There is not really any point offering a package for this match.

Ridiculous price!

Of course, I assume that anyone booking the official club package trip will also have to meet the strict ticketing criteria as everyone else for their guaranteed match ticket?

The price is ridiculous, can't see anyone going for it. More importantly though the selling criteria is a joke. 800 tickets will far outweigh the demand for it, should just put it on sale for season ticket holders and then members.

The price is ridiculous, can't see anyone going for it. More importantly though the selling criteria is a joke. 800 tickets will far outweigh the demand for it, should just put it on sale for season ticket holders and then members.

And then risk people like you complaining when season ticket holders with no aways surprisingly snap up all the tickets? Why would they want that hassle and negative PR?

I'm sure that after the first few days, the qualifying number of aways will drop by steeper numbers, i.e. down from 12 to 10, then maybe to 7, then 3, then 1, then anyone.

And then risk people like you complaining when season ticket holders with no aways surprisingly snap up all the tickets? Why would they want that hassle and negative PR?

I'm sure that after the first few days, the qualifying number of aways will drop by steeper numbers, i.e. down from 12 to 10, then maybe to 7, then 3, then 1, then anyone.

I would complain if that was the case when there was enough demand to sell the tickets, but 800 to Israel at short notice? Can't see it in a million years.

Shame there's no worth to doing the Arnhem game.

That travel package won't go ahead, which means there'll be at least 100 tickets going back on sale at some point after the rest have sold out...

Me, you and franny will have to meet up for a pint in Milan!!

Shame there's no worth to doing the Arnhem game.

The problem with the Vitesse game is that I reckon barely half of that away end was populated by the people who actually qualified for the tickets in the first place, so the numbers the club have are just completely unreliable. At least with Midtjylland, because everyone had to collect in person, they know who was actually there.

I would complain if that was the case when there was enough demand to sell the tickets, but 800 to Israel at short notice? Can't see it in a million years.

agreed, no common sense to it. They'll end up putting the remainder of the tickets on sale so close to the match day it doesn't make sense.

agreed, no common sense to it. They'll end up putting the remainder of the tickets on sale so close to the match day it doesn't make sense.

They're already committing to one-day sales intervals, no reason to suggest that'll change. It could get down to general sale within a week, I don't see how that's unreasonable.

Think at the very end it went down to general sale. "Just turn up at the stadium for the last 50" type scenario. The having to collect in person certainly fixed the problem they had from the Arnhem game that Steve mentioned above (and that I took advantage of!)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk