Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

I'm sure they will. If the club were just interested in selling tickets and getting as many fans there as possible they would already be but cynically I think they are hoping to make a few quid on people buying £25 memberships, easy money for the club really.

My conversation with the ticket office yesterday would seem to support that. We have two memberships but only one purchase history due to the club putting both tickets for matches last season on the same supporter number. Called to see if there was any way to transfer a ticket from last season over but apparently there's 'no way' of doing that. Clearly the old man buys two tickets for himself each time because he just likes to stretch out or something...

Anyway, I was told that the next criteria if needed would be members with no purchase history. No indication of when but I'd expect some time next week, anyone who already qualifies probably has their ticket by now. Club probably hoping that it will encourage some to spend an additional £25 on membership they wouldn't have otherwise bought.

My conversation with the ticket office yesterday would seem to support that. We have two memberships but only one purchase history due to the club putting both tickets for matches last season on the same supporter number. Called to see if there was any way to transfer a ticket from last season over but apparently there's 'no way' of doing that. Clearly the old man buys two tickets for himself each time because he just likes to stretch out or something...

Anyway, I was told that the next criteria if needed would be members with no purchase history. No indication of when but I'd expect some time next week, anyone who already qualifies probably has their ticket by now. Club probably hoping that it will encourage some to spend an additional £25 on membership they wouldn't have otherwise bought.

There is no way of doing that, you're meant to have separate customer numbers for every purchase, and if you don't, presumably it falls into the hole of not being captured on the system against anyone. Also, number of aways will be calculated on one per person per away.

They're REALLY inflexible, I went to Stoke and bought on the day in 2014/15, even still had my ticket and they wouldn't count it. Can't blame them for that.

Edited by The9

No times for ticket collection at the ground?

And have the club got the kick off time right?

Kick off time is 2000 local time in Israel, 1800 BST, so yes.

Unallocated seating (made necessary by their plans to provide coach travel and give tickets out there AND at the stadium [and no, no collection time at the stadium but there are only 300 of us in total so it won't exactly be onerous]). I'm looking forward to them having to cross reference two different lists of ticket collections to get their confirmation everyone has turned up... and also how they split the tickets so there are enough for people on the bus and at the ground, though I guess if we have 800 tickets for 300 people that won't be an issue.

NO SEEDS OR NUT CRACKING.

Unallocated seating (made necessary by their plans to provide coach travel and give tickets out there AND at the stadium [and no, no collection time at the stadium but there are only 300 of us in total so it won't exactly be onerous]). I'm looking forward to them having to cross reference two different lists of ticket collections to get their confirmation everyone has turned up... and also how they split the tickets so there are enough for people on the bus and at the ground, though I guess if we have 800 tickets for 300 people that won't be an issue.

I'm guessing they won't be available at the ground until after the bus arrives.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nice to see the person who wrote that has a sense of humour regarding the ban on "cracking seeds and nuts"

Made me think of a trip to Portman Road some years back, there was a chap in the Saints section pre match sat chatting to a steward munching through Pistachios, by the time he was finished the empty shells must have been up to his ankles.

I'm guessing they won't be available at the ground until after the bus arrives.

That's what I thought too, seeing as the bus leaves Tel Aviv 4½ hours before kick off... but they could actually do both.

I'm vaguely amused that they've chosen to recommend a sports bar (Giggsi) in Be'er Sheva which is over an hour's walk from the ground and half way between the two main train stations, which are also nowhere near the ground.

I also note with interest that you will need to provide photographic ID to collect Be'er Sheva tickets - and that whoever wrote this doesn't know the difference between "i.e." and "e.g.", because if it was "i.e. passport" as stated, they'd have actually said you need your passport, not just any photographic ID. What they mean is "e.g. passport", but any other photo ID (e.g. driving licence) is ok too.

They've updated that document as it originally said kick off was 19:00. I hope we don't get shoved straight in ground off the bus. Long dry time to wait if they do!

I can also recommend NOT googling "Tel Aviv Dolphinarium" if you're a little nervous about security. :o

The drop off point is a bit of a trek from where I need to get back to! It is about 5 miles to the hotels near transport links (not such an issue for the pick up as I have all day to head towards the beach front)

The original club document said kick off 19.00 local time.

Just a little thing for those travelling to Israel, as it states you won't get a passport stamp but a slip of paper that you have to keep safe to present when leaving the country. You get these in a few places around the world now (which is a shame). I have them travelling to China and Hong Kong. Silly as it sounds an elastic band round your passport to hold them safe is a sensible "fashion accessory", for piece of mind especially if you get a bit beered up. I would imagine that the Israeli officials might be as inhospitable, or worse, than the Chinese if this slip of paper is mislaid.

That's what I thought too, seeing as the bus leaves Tel Aviv 4½ hours before kick off... but they could actually do both.

I'm vaguely amused that they've chosen to recommend a sports bar (Giggsi) in Be'er Sheva which is over an hour's walk from the ground and half way between the two main train stations, which are also nowhere near the ground.

Half hoping the driver can be persuaded to do a drop off at a bar, rather than at the stadium!

Just a little thing for those travelling to Israel, as it states you won't get a passport stamp but a slip of paper that you have to keep safe to present when leaving the country. You get these in a few places around the world now (which is a shame). I have them travelling to China and Hong Kong. Silly as it sounds an elastic band round your passport to hold them safe is a sensible "fashion accessory", for piece of mind especially if you get a bit beered up. I would imagine that the Israeli officials might be as inhospitable, or worse, than the Chinese if this slip of paper is mislaid.

It's not a shame if you happen to want to go to both Israel and certain Arabic countries.

Half hoping the driver can be persuaded to do a drop off at a bar, rather than at the stadium!

Given that much of the point of taking the free bus is that we don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere (i.e. the ground), taking us to the middle of nowhere 3 hours before the match starts and assuming people won't wander off to find food and or drink seems rather ill-advised.

so fans that spend £25 on a membership now (perhaps worried they might miss out) but haven't been to a game for a couple of years get priority over fans that have attended in the recent past? This trying to squeeze every last penny out of fans is what does my head in. Yes they are a business not a charity, but do me a favour.

Rewarding fans that are most loyal makes sense and I certainly can't argue with how they have sold tickets, but this doesn't do that.

Edited by Chez

so fans that spend £25 on a membership now, but haven't been to a game for a couple of years get priority over fans that have attended in the recent past. Gee. This kind of thing does my head in - trying to squeeze every last penny out of fans. Yes they are a business not a charity, but do me a favour.

Rewarding fans that are most loyal makes sense and I can't argue with how they have sold tickets, but this is ********. From what I hear there are loads of tickets left so no need to pay a £25 tax as everyone will get a ticket that wants one.

You seem to want people who have already paid £25 not to get anything in return? That's more of a shafting than people being able to pay £25 to jump the queue. A queue which, as you say, doesn't appear to need to be jumped anyway due to the efforts that the club have gone to in securing extra tickets.

All sounds good to me.

You seem to want people who have already paid £25 not to get anything in return? That's more of a shafting than people being able to pay £25 to jump the queue. A queue which, as you say, doesn't appear to need to be jumped anyway due to the efforts that the club have gone to in securing extra tickets.

All sounds good to me.

I hadn't considered that, but realistically how many people bought a membership this summer but hadn't been to a game for two years? I doubt there were any. The window for `members' to buy Inter tickets is large. Only one reason for that - to encourage more people to fork out £25. Can't fault the clubs business techniques. I'm just an old **** that remembers when it was a football `club'. Hay ho.

As there's a long window presently for members to buy tickets there's little doubt that the club see it as an opportunity to get more members on board, at £25 (nice little earner ;) )

But I don't know why anyone has a problem with this, you have a choice, buy your membership and guarantee a ticket for Milan or take a chance there's not clamour if they get to General Sale. I'm a ST holder but if I wasn't I'd have certainly got the membership, small price to pay for the opportunity to get tickets if we progress and/or (it could happen couldn't it?) we get to a cup final this season.

Nice touch by the club to put on free travel, but personally, I'd prefer to pay the extra £30/£40 travel costs and have no restrictions.

The last thing I want is to be at the ground 2 hours before kick off, leaving minimal time to find somewhere to grab a beer.

Are many others planning alternative travel?

Nice touch by the club to put on free travel, but personally, I'd prefer to pay the extra £30/£40 travel costs and have no restrictions.

The last thing I want is to be at the ground 2 hours before kick off, leaving minimal time to find somewhere to grab a beer.

yes getting the train to the game and booked a taxi back after the game

Yes, but I'm coming from Jerusalem mid-afternoon, hopefully by bus. Then staying until Fri.

If the bingo bus leaves broadly on time it should be there at least 3 hours before kick off. I've asked the club if it can drop people off at a bar instead of the stadium... let's see!

Alternatively, I wonder if it's possible to use the bus to get back to TA if you travel to BS independently.

My Shekels have arrived. Just thought I'd share. The news, not the shekels.

The calculation "divide by ten, multiply by 2" is going to be in my head a lot in the second half of next week - though the rate I got was nearer 4.7 than 5.

So you mean x5..

Any idea how the remaining inter tickets are selling for the away leg? ... looking at buying one in our end, but only just got a membership as I don't have any previous purchase history (been dining off freebie tickets for ages for the past 5 seasons) and wondering when scotes like me could buy some?

Any idea how the remaining inter tickets are selling for the away leg? ... looking at buying one in our end, but only just got a membership as I don't have any previous purchase history (been dining off freebie tickets for ages for the past 5 seasons) and wondering when scotes like me could buy some?

Looking like over 2k left, so no rush, general sale will be fine.

I'd missed the interesting point that in the Be'er Sheva side Ben Sahar had a spell with the fishy ones and also played with Bertrand at Chelsea. And Miguel Vitor was a team-mate of José at Benfica.

Waits to be chastised for stating widely-known obvious trivia...

I'd missed the interesting point that in the Be'er Sheva side Ben Sahar had a spell with the fishy ones and also played with Bertrand at Chelsea. And Miguel Vitor was a team-mate of José at Benfica.

More likely to get ripped for making a pigs ear of those last 2 posts :D

The home fans will be left pondering the meaning of "you skate bastard".