Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

What were the words to the Markus Liebherr saviour/masterplan song?

The lads at the canal were singing it but was so ****ed can't remember much but something like

It started 7 years ago when Markus said he had a plan.we said we don't believe you . Something about Koeman and Pochettino fcked it up ....there was a good one about Hojberg as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think that support was pathetic you couldn't have been anywhere near duomo or Naviglio areas Weds/Thursday was superb

he most definetly was at nevgaili and our support is ****e when we take so many of season ticket holders who probably sit in the kingsland normally,have gone on a one off to the san siro and like at saint marys never vocally get behind saints

The lads at the canal were singing it but was so ****ed can't remember much but something like

It started 7 years ago when Markus said he had a plan.we said we don't believe you . Something about Koeman and Pochettino fcked it up ....there was a good one about Hojberg as well

That's the one, pity it didn't fully catch on and take off.

Started 7 years ago. Something Markus liebherr. He said he had a master plan, we said we don't believe ya'. Got stitched up by Koeman, got stitched up by Pochettino, we're the famous red and white and off to the San Siro. Or similarish.

Edited by whelk

he most definetly was at nevgaili and our support is ****e when we take so many of season ticket holders who probably sit in the kingsland normally,have gone on a one off to the san siro and like at saint marys never vocally get behind saints

Laughable that always get these cnts slagging off our own fans. Diddums 7000 supporters didn't do what you wanted.

Pathetic.

Stop slagging off our fans who slag off our other fans... ;)

You can always rely on them. They want little old saints for themselves and hate it when anyone else turns up.

They didn't like people who went JPT final cos they didn't do Hartlepool away on a Tuesday night.

Also not that smart as keep expecting something different with so much evidence to the contrary.

Navigli atmosphere wasn't enough for them either. TBH so many of these fckers are embarrassing abroad but hey wasn't it funny throwing bottles in the canal.

Appreciate your reply was jocular though

what the ****** r u on mate?

no one slagging anyone,just saying it as I see it

there was more noise for the cheerio when the inter player was sent off than for saints in the second half

and sometimes the owts for the fiftieth time and nothing else can bit abit mind numbing.

all in all though a great night

It was a trip to Wembley really, plenty of day trippers but then they go to SMS every week, why shouldn't they go to The SS?

I did not notice anywhere on the ticket that said you had to sing your hearts out for the lads.

People are too precious about what it takes to be a 'proper' fan, apparently singing tops the criteria (or throwing bottles in a canal).

Yes many of those Kingsland ST holders were supporting and singing when you were in nappies. So fcking precious our fans. Stand sit clap cheer shout all pay and support in whatever way they want in my opinion.

Edited by Give it to Ron

ron

lol mate,im 56

been there,done it,seen it with saints,was at wembley 76 as a 15yr old hth

to me support means one thing,SUPPORT,so get behind the team vocally at all times,not make a huge sound when a player gets sent off and **** all for the rest of the game.

if saints FANS didn't sing fair enough,im not slagging off anyone,coz we all pay our hard earned money,i was just commenting on how I thought it was second half

ron

lol mate,im 56

to me support means one thing,SUPPORT,so get behind the team vocally at all times,not make a huge sound when a player gets sent off and **** all for the rest of the game.

if saints FANS didn't sing fair enough,im not slagging off anyone,coz we all pay our hard earned money,i was just commenting on how I thought it was second half

Whippersnapper 57 for me I think a lot of drinking all night and day meant a lot were not at their best.

ron

lol mate,im 56

I'm 57 and done all the games you've mentioned

I thought atmosphere considering we had 7,000 there was excellent, a real contrast to that at Sheff Utd which was our last big away turn out when place was like a morgue

What people need to remember is that the maximum away turn out is normally 3,000 so loads who don't regularly go away but turn up at bigger games not used to songs

Can't wait for Prague where with 1,700 think the atmosphere will be tremendous

The way we all sang OWTS at San Siro the other night was unforgettable, but was difficult to get others songs going as singers split all over our massive section, can't understand how anyone can critisise those there and everyone kept singing and right behind the team right until the end of the game

Two things about the songs.

Why aren' they online in a sticky somewhere so those who don't go every game, etc can get to learn them? It's easier to look it up if you want than trying it on the hoof.

Most other teams always comment that we have only one song. Would be nice to prove them all wrong with a selection, but they have to be known about and learned. Why not ask the club for a weekend in the off-season to attend for 'choir practice'?

Why aren' they online in a sticky somewhere so those who don't go every game, etc can get to learn them? It's easier to look it up if you want than trying it on the hoof.

Most other teams always comment that we have only one song. Would be nice to prove them all wrong with a selection, but they have to be known about and learned. Why not ask the club for a weekend in the off-season to attend for 'choir practice'?

Good shout. A sticky for songs where extra comments cannot be added would be good. Otherwise the thread would just be diluted

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Have to be honest i thought the vocal side of things we pretty poor at times in the ground itself, but i understand we took a lot that don't normally stand or get behind the team (something i don't think i'll ever understand to be honest as in over 30 years i still sing my heart out).

Must be honest the OWTS when it was sung by everyone was hairs on the back of the neck stuff, if only everyone had joined in with all the songs what an atmosphere that would've been!

I sit in the Kingsland as a S/T holder , do about 8-10 aways each year for the past 20+ years and only tend to join in with OWTS & One Marcus . Sorry for that , but in my 50's I'm done with singing about players , particularly when you uber sing a long fans just copy other clubs songs with different words . I did want to join in with "we're Southampton, we sing our own songs" when Spurs came , but as it's not true,I didn't .

I will say one thing though , a lot of the blokes who sit near me in the Kingsland have been there and done it whilst most of the top top uber fans were swimming around in their fathers ball bag.

We were only thinking before the game how much energy/vocal effort had been used up by many supporters before the game.

Seems that OWTS and other songs had been through a few renditions in various locations before the game.

We saved ourselves for the 'main event' and accordingly were pitch perfect (pun intended!!)

That was my first European away match since Anderlecht in 76/77. I thought the singing was pretty good considering the spread of fans, seemed ok where I was anyway right behind the goal. More of a problem was not being able to actually see the goal because of all the fans standing in the way against the railings. Think the Inter stewards were bemused at the aggravation between the away fans each time the view was blocked by a new set of supporters thinking they'd found a good place to stand!

There are some creative guys out there but they seem to give up with the new songs too quickly..as soon as you get to hear them ( and start to learn them) they die out..come on guys have confidence in them...keep singing them, it takes a while for them to get known... stick at it and we will join in...eventually!!!

There are some creative guys out there but they seem to give up with the new songs too quickly..as soon as you get to hear them ( and start to learn them) they die out..come on guys have confidence in them...keep singing them, it takes a while for them to get known... stick at it and we will join in...eventually!!!

They're was a new one (for me anyway) going at the football pub on Thursday lunchtime....

To the tune of come on feel the noise by slade (showing my age!)

F**k off Ronald Koeman

We've had it with your bulls**t

We've got Claude Puel, we've got Claude Puel....

They're was a new one (for me anyway) going at the football pub on Thursday lunchtime....

To the tune of come on feel the noise by slade (showing my age!)

F**k off Ronald Koeman

We've had it with your bulls**t

We've got Claude Puel, we've got Claude Puel....

Really rhymes :lol::lol::lol:

I think Old Sarum is correct, Prague will be immense as it's likely to be 1700 who "understand" away games. Massive followings do make for patchy support inside the ground but 7000 fans singing OWTS was utterly awesome.

understand away games? u r making yourself sound a right *****

Perhaps not worded the best but I'll stick by the sentiment that 1700 regular away travelers will make a more constant noise in Prague that 7000 did in Milan. Big support often ends up patchy and fragmented.

I agree, not talking about any "super fan" nonsense, it's fairly obvious there are people who just don't join in with various chants other than OWTS, come on you reds or (randomly) the Virgil Van Dijk one.

What doesn't help is that that vast majority of people usually only sing one "round" and then give up. Keep the chant going ffs. Second half away to Arnhem with the Wanyama chant going for half an hour sounded epic.

I agree, not talking about any "super fan" nonsense, it's fairly obvious there are people who just don't join in with various chants other than OWTS, come on you reds or (randomly) the Virgil Van Dijk one.

What doesn't help is that that vast majority of people usually only sing one "round" and then give up. Keep the chant going ffs. Second half away to Arnhem with the Wanyama chant going for half an hour sounded epic.

interestingly the ones that understand away games did exactly what we did in the san siro from what i could. still fairly quiet even before the equaliser.

interestingly the ones that understand away games did exactly what we did in the san siro from what i could. still fairly quiet even before the equaliser.

Well that's the point, when there's 4 or 5 times the amount of people it dilutes the atmosphere. Sitting on the left of the stand I wouldn't have heard anyone starting chants anymore than a couple of blocks to the right of me if that, so wouldn't be able to join in. Whereas 3 or 4 blocks worth of fans who all want to join in all the time will concentrate the noise.

Perhaps not worded the best but I'll stick by the sentiment that 1700 regular away travelers will make a more constant noise in Prague that 7000 did in Milan. Big support often ends up patchy and fragmented.

You'd think so.. But yesterday at City was even worse than Milan even with a concentrated 2 blocks of away support, many of whom should be regulars.

Most Europa league tables show us in third place. Why are we not second as we have a better goal difference than Beer Sheeva

Because the group tables are currently being sorted alphabetically when there is a tie on points (or in the case of Group C numero-alphabetically, as "1. FSV Mainz 05" comes before "AS Saint Etienne"). There is a set of 12 criteria for determining FINAL group positions when there is a tie, the first factor being the number of points gained in the matches between the tied teams, then by goal difference between the tied teams in the matches played against each other in the group, then goals scored. Overall goal difference is only the 6th tie-break factor. [Away fans singing is the last unwritten criteria if all else fails] [http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/35/92/45/2359245_DOWNLOAD.pdf Article 16]. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to apply these factors in the interim, but rest assured as things stand we would qualify 2nd above Beer-Sheva, due to goal difference overall. Note that if we were to draw our home match against Beer-Sheva 1-1, AND we ended up on equal points, they would qualify because of away goals.

"He's our Cedric" and "we're on our way" was sang for about 3 hours straight on the Wednesday night. Was a cracking evening.

Note that if we were to draw our home match against Beer-Sheva 1-1, AND we ended up on equal points, they would qualify because of away goals.

Having highlighted that possible outcome, you know what's going to happen now, don't you....? ;) #temptingfate

They've gone

There is another 40 or so seats back on sale in block 12 for Inter at home, not sure what is going on with the clubs ticket software as this game has been sold out about 3 times now only for some to suddenly become available again.

the Sunderland game is similar as Itchen had sold out, then a load became available again , must be comps held back that are not taken up then released for sale.

There is another 40 or so seats back on sale in block 12 for Inter at home, not sure what is going on with the clubs ticket software as this game has been sold out about 3 times now only for some to suddenly become available again.

the Sunderland game is similar as Itchen had sold out, then a load became available again , must be comps held back that are not taken up then released for sale.

It's basically this.